American Idol, Season 5 **Official Discussion Thread** Part 2

I missed Elliott's first song. I was disappointed with Katherine...she really shouldn't sing balads anymore...she has a hard time with them. Chris was awesome...he's growing on me. Styx was my FAVORITE band when I was a teenager...the first rock concert I ever went to. I was in love with Tommy Shaw!! Anyway...great song for him. But I just LOVE Taylor. He's fun. He's entertaining. He makes me smile and dance. And yep...I'd pay to see him live. So...

Katherine redeemed herself with her second song! You go girl! Waiting to see how Taylor will do. Thought Chris was ok...Elliott too. I just don't even enjoy Paris enough to comment on her one way or another.

Taylor #2 - looks great and sounds good as well. I'll be voting for Taylor tonight!

Yeah. "Something" surely is a current, cutting-edge hit, just like the songs all the other singers sang in the second-half of tonight's show. :rolleyes:

Slimy song choice. And really not great enough to make up for that.

Taylor was great...even standing still. :) Taylor & Kat were the best IMO tonight. I would bet that either Elliot or Paris are going home tomorrow. Chris was third for me.

Taylor sang one of my favorite Beatles songs...and I think it was pretty awful. (BTW, I agree with Bicker that I think it was a little odd that he got to sing something from the 60s/70s that is simply on an album in the Top 10. I don't really like that idea). I can't stand when Taylor sings slow songs...I disagree with Simon. I don't think Taylor can really sing slow ballads...

lsyorke said:
OK, is it my transmission or did Paris just get "bleeped" out on a word?
I thought it was just me thinking that.

There are 2 versions of that song - one that you can sing in polite company and one that is naughty.

I think Paris needs to sit in the naughty chair.

RyMickey said:
Taylor sang one of my favorite Beatles songs...and I think it was pretty awful. (BTW, I agree with Bicker that I think it was a little odd that he got to sing something from the 60s/70s that is simply on an album in the Top 10. I don't really like that idea).

Didn't they say that the song Paris sang was a remake as well?

I really liked both of Chris's songs and Taylor's songs. They are my top two. Then Elliott, Katharine and Paris.

Elliot-:thumbsup2 Really enjoyed it.
Paris- My sound was bleeped too, It was OK.
Chris- He always sounds the same to me, like an 80's rockstar. And he's always screaming at me, I wish he'd stop doing that, he's going to pop a vein.
Katharine-Oh I see Kat got the pimping on stage musicians this week. Much better then her first song.
Taylor- :thumbsup2 I loved it.

My overall rankings, from best to worst-

Taylor :woohoo:
Elliot :thumbsup2
Katharine
Chris
Paris

I'm not a big Taylor fan but I'll admit I liked his second song. Odd choice, but I liked the way he did it. No way he's going to catch up to Chris though ;) !

Ok everyone. I think Chris and Taylor should be in the finals. That would be a GREAT final finale show!!! It would be one of the best AI finals. :cheer2:

lbgraves said:
Didn't they say that the song Paris sang was a remake as well?

That's what they said. However, you could say that Paris sang the remake and put her own "spin" on it so that it simply sounded like Prince's version from two years earlier.

What bothers me more about the Taylor thing is that it's not a "modern" song. I think, like Bicker said in a previous post, the point was to sing something old and something new.

Granted, the producers let it fly, so be it...and I'm not getting all worked up about it. I just think it's kinda odd and somehow it seems to twist the rules a little too much for my tastes.

J.Cooper said:
Ok everyone. I think Chris and Taylor should be in the finals. That would be a GREAT final finale show!!! It would be one of the best AI finals. :cheer2:

Ditto! That would be awesome!! :thumbsup2

Wow.... I have NEVER said this before, but Katherine doing that KT Tunstall song was SMOKING! Great version, and she looked amazing.

I think it comes down to Taylor and her for the finals. And that is cool because I don't want Chris to win and he is my favorite.

Taylor singing Play that Funky Music...?????? :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

It only had to be on the charts...no one said it had to be a current, cutting edge song. I thought Taylor's choice was wondeful and I loved it! I think he has a beautiful voice...unique.

I have to say something about his first song too...Play that Funky Music White Boy. Well, that is mine and my husband's "song". Yep...Play that Funky Music White Boy is "our song"! It's the first song we ever danced to together...at a club. A local band was doing a cover of it. We started dating after that night and have been together ever since (15 years)!

Uh oh...I'm voting for Kat and getting through every time! If you don't want Kat to leave please VOTE!!! My votes are going to Kat and Taylor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter