• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

American Idol Season 14 Official Thread

mandy200587

DIS Veteran
Idol starts back up Jan 7th on Fox!

We have some changes ahead for the show!

• Randy "The Dawg" Jackson is out for good! In is Scott Borchetta, head of Big Machine aka the Taylor Swift label.
  • Coke is no longer a sponsor
  • March 26th the show goes to one 1 night a week on Wednesday.
  • The new house in-house mentor will also be partnering with UMG and 19e to sign the winner to his label.
  • Judges are spending more quality time with the contestants
  • Idol is taking a new approach to us finding out about the top 24 with a video they have posted to youtube! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MvmFz8kEbo
  • Idol is also allowing contestants to promote themselves via social media http://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-idol-14-get-sneak-peek-upcoming-auditions.htm
  • Nashville first episode
  • Adam Lambert will fill in for Keith for a few episodes

So in other words, hang in and buckle up for what will either be a good or bad season. Only time shall tell!

Idol has a lot of competition. I didn't watch it last year. I got so tired of everything being about the judges and not the kids. I will probably try it for a while.

Glad to hear Randy is gone. I don't think he added anything to the show. Ever

Looking forward to it. I enjoy these judges.

Idol's problem is going to be it's on a jammed pack night of shows, if it was on another night maybe not so loaded with shows it might be a better idea.

Idol's problem is going to be it's on a jammed pack night of shows, if it was on another night maybe not so loaded with shows it might be a better idea.

What other shows are on? I pretty much pay zero attention to regular TV.

What other shows are on? I pretty much pay zero attention to regular TV.

Wednesday night you have:
Arrow
Criminal Minds
Law and Order
Supernatural
The Middle
The Goldbergs
Modern Family
Blackish
Mysteries of Laura

Now that may be different with spring lineup being different but still fairly popular shows

Wednesday night you have:
Arrow
Criminal Minds
Law and Order
Supernatural
The Middle
The Goldbergs
Modern Family
Blackish
Mysteries of Laura

Now that may be different with spring lineup being different but still fairly popular shows

Also Survivor

Oh, I don't really watch any of those shows and don't even know what some of them are since I've never heard of them.

Arrow....never heard of
Criminal Minds...don't like
Law and Order..watch once in a great while
Supernatural...no idea what this is about
The Middle...don't like
The Goldbergs...no idea what it is about
Modern Family...ick..can't stand this show
Blackish...never heard of
Mysteries of Laura..never heard of.

I guess I lead a boring life. The only show I ever watch on Wednesdays is Ghosthunters when it is actually on SyFy

Was wondering were the thread was , I usually just lurk. Love all your comments here. :goodvibes

Amazing Race will follow Survivor on Wed. too.

Busy night.

Was wondering were the thread was , I usually just lurk. Love all your comments here. :goodvibes

Amazing Race will follow Survivor on Wed. too.

Busy night.

Don't be afraid to join in. We welcome anyone to the discussion it's always good to have more opinions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter