American Idol Experience

Lindseyonstage

Mouseketeer
Hey! So I was wondering if anyone has done the American idol experience and wanted to share some tips on auditioning and what it's like. I'm finally of age to do it and I just wanted to know before I dive in head first! Thanks :)

I've also been wondering.. been thinking of auditioning for a while, but I'm gotten nervous every time and backed out.

I would audition, if i were a good singer, and if i wasn't a complete nervous wreck in front of crowds. But If I've learned anything, you have to be confident and enjoy yourself when you sing.

Hey guys!! I've done it a couple of times and for a singer it is an absolute blast.

You first audition with an acapella song that you choose. Be confident and personable and above all project during this part of the audition process. The producer is really nice and will give you some great tips on the next part if the audition process.

The second part of the audition- if the first producer likes what they see- you will then go to a second producer with the song you have chosen from the list . You will sing with a microphone And the lyrics will be up on a screen.

Smile - and it's ok to be nervous, everyone is and the know that. When you get the list- try to pick out an up beat song-everyone chooses ballads- an up beat song that gets the crowd going is going to gain attention of the producer - all ballads make for an extremely boring show.

Good luck- and don't ever chicken out. This is a great experience for young singers- even if you don't make it-it's a great audition experience- and practice if you decide to pursue vocal opportunity elsewhere .

Is the list anywhere to see prior to our trip? My oldest DD is also wanting to do this, and excited that she'll finally be old enough :)

I remember seeing somewhere that you have to be 14 to do it but on the real show it's 15. Do you have to be 14 or 15 to do this?

I'm thinking about doing this when I go in a couple weeks! You only have to be 14 to do it at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter