American Girl Store Cafe

kailuagirl

DIS Veteran
Anyone dined at the AG Cafe? Trying to figure out whether to do lunch, dinner or just tea. My dd is 8. We went a couple years ago and we were able to leave the store empty handed, don't think will be the same this time. lol But then I told her if she doesn't get a doll (she has 3 Madame Alexander ones) she can use that money at Disneyland.

I've been wondering the same question, so look forward to any answers. Also keen to know if reservations are required or you can just turn up.

Funnily enough we also managed a free visit 2 years ago, for some reason our 4yo (then) wasn't that interested. 2 years and countless YouTube videos later, it is all she talks about, Grace this, Grace that. We are staying at Farmers Daughter hotel just across the road.

I have forewarned my wallet that is going to get a bruising that day...

My nine-year-old has dined there a few times, (we are local) but I've never had to go with her (birthday parties and grandparents). I will warn you, though, a big appeal of it is that there are special seats for your doll, plus special tiny dining items. They even have places for your doll in the bathrooms! So, if she has a doll and you can bring it without too much trouble, do it. If you are going to buy a doll, buy it before the dining experience. I can't speak to the tea vs. dining. I don't think it's so much about the food, but the experience, so if you can get away with just tea, I'd totally do it. (But then, if you're just going to have to pay for lunch and dinner somewhere else, maybe it's better to just eat there?)

It depends on what time of year you're going, but yes, I definitely recommend reservations. That place can get packed. Have fun!

As a fun sort of complementary experience to the American Girl adventure, be sure to take your daughter into Kip's Toyland toy store in the Farmers Market next door. It's full of all kinds of retro toys (and some new things as well).

Reservations are a must, lunch or tea... like others have said, it's more about the experience of going than the food.

Reservations have been made, wanted to book something for the day we get the doll but the times were too early (driving down from Yosemite that day...). We'll still get the doll the day we arrive, lunch will be a couple of days later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter