/American Girl on QVC - 9/11 from 4-6 pm EST

Not the OP but maybe she likes to play with baby dolls:confused3. One of my kids liked baby dolls at 10 & I assure you she is perfectly normal.

my apologies if it seemed i was trying to imply there was something amiss about the PP's DD wanting a bitty baby. my own DD never even wanted a doll of any kind until she was 10, so i understand different strokes for different folks. my apologies, PP.

Okay everyone, you saved me some serious hassle and $$ with the QVC heads-up! Now, when is free shipping at americangirl.com? ;)

So DD has made her list for Christmas/birthday and it is mostly AG things

Lanie (which I got last night from QVC.com)
My American Girl Doll
Kit's stove and preserves
Kit's Nightie
Molly's Hula Costume
The Baking table
Kit's desk
and Kit's table and chairs....

ugh how in the heck am I going to swing this? Last year she literally went on a shopping spree @ AG b/c everyone asked "what should we give Alanna" and I said money b/c we were taking her to AG store for her birthday for lunch and to get Molly. So we got her Molly and w/ the money from everyone else she saved she got Kit's wash set, kits lunch box, molly's dog, the campfire set, and Kit's birthday dress.
I have such a hard time saying no when it comes to AG b/c the stuff is so stinkin cute and I have flashbacks of my mom saying "No" to Samantha, I wanted her so badly. :rotfl:

I LOVE the baking table!

Thanks Dis friends for the QVC heads up.
I didn't even know that my DD5 ONLY wanted Lanie until today. I had her look through the magazine with me, casually.
I remembered this thread and bought Lanie before they sold out.

1 big Christmas gift down, 2 more kids to go...;)

She loves real life little babies and I think that is part of it. she wants little babies to take care of....like there aren't several in our family :laughing: (My husband has a 4 month old sister (adopted a new baby), and we have a 10 month old & 26 month old nephew that she loves to help take care of). I also think it's the twin aspect, she wants 'two'!
She does have Julie, Lanie, and the just like you dolls already.

I didn't take offense. I know several girls her age or younger who have no desire to play with baby dolls but this one still loves them and as long as she does I'm willing to oblige & keep her little.....at least one more year. :lovestruc

I am also anxiously awaiting a free shipping code. I ordered Lanie yesterday afternoon from qvc, and now I need to order Lanie's camper for dd6. I see that it is backordered until Oct already, and I am debating whether or not I should order it now and put myself on the backordered list or try to wait for a free shipping code (which should come in Oct).

What do you all think? I am worried that since it is on backorder already that they might be running out and then it will be gone.

DD7 really wants that camper too. I ended up ordering her the Lanie doll through QVC, so that will be her Christmas present. I am thinking about getting her the camper for her birthday, but only if a friend of ours can get a discount on it. I wonder if it's so popular that it may sell out before December? Maybe I need to jump on it now??

I am also anxiously awaiting a free shipping code. I ordered Lanie yesterday afternoon from qvc, and now I need to order Lanie's camper for dd6. I see that it is backordered until Oct already, and I am debating whether or not I should order it now and put myself on the backordered list or try to wait for a free shipping code (which should come in Oct).

What do you all think? I am worried that since it is on backorder already that they might be running out and then it will be gone.

When faced with situations like this NOW I ask myself is the cost of shipping worth not being able to get the item period? Last year dd wanted this Barbie camper and I would not pay shipping... I never got free shipping / it sold out online and then could not find it in a store. DD was so upset and I wished i had paid the $15.

We ordered Lanie yesterday from QVC for my 7 year old. This will be her first American Girl so we are pretty excited. Her older sis has Julie and now is freaking out because she can't decide who she wants now, Elizabeth Cole because she is being retired, or Rebecca Rubin! What a great thing to stress about! :goodvibes

I wish I could get both for her but that sure adds up quickly!

mom2val......great point! You just brought it back to reality for me. I am going to order the camper in the morning and be put on the backordered list. DD fell in love with it when we were at the AG store in NYC last spring and we told her to ask Santa for it.

So, knowing that is what she really, really wants it and that it will be gone forever makes it not worth the risk. Thanks for your help!

DD really wants Lanie's camper. She saved up her allowance last year and bought Lanie herself, but I'm debating whether or not to buy it in the store. Atlanta's not far away, but how do I get it into the car from the store?! Will they let me pull up in front and help me load it? Then, where do I hide it for 3 months? :rotfl: That sucker is big and this house is tiny! I could order it online, but am leery about it arriving one afternoon while we're out and sitting by the door. Worse yet, DD might see the box. DH thinks I'm nuts but DD still believes in Santa and I'm not quite ready to burst that belief. :goodvibes

DD really wants Lanie's camper. She saved up her allowance last year and bought Lanie herself, but I'm debating whether or not to buy it in the store. Atlanta's not far away, but how do I get it into the car from the store?! Will they let me pull up in front and help me load it? Then, where do I hide it for 3 months? :rotfl: That sucker is big and this house is tiny! I could order it online, but am leery about it arriving one afternoon while we're out and sitting by the door. Worse yet, DD might see the box. DH thinks I'm nuts but DD still believes in Santa and I'm not quite ready to burst that belief. :goodvibes

How big is it?

I have the camper put aside for my two dd's for Christmas. I don't know the exact dimensions of the box but the box is pretty huge!

I can't wait to give it to them! I know it is going to be a huge hit. And I have them convinced they'll never get the camper because it costs too much $$$ ;)

Because it's limited edition and they liked it so much, I didn't want to take the chance of it not being around. So it's a good thing that those of you who want it get on the backorder list now.

I don't know why, but I want Rebecca SO BAD that I was SOOO tempted to buy her yesterday! But DD is only turning 2 and I should not spend the money right now; I just became unemployed (again!) I hope Rebecca stays around for awhile. I was also tempted by Josefina but I managed to hold out...

:sad1:

Ok so here's a question for ya AG crazy people (don't worry we are part of that group too)! My DD 5 turning 6 in October...really wants the camper for Christmas. We already ordered Lanie and the bitty baby from QVC!:woohoo: She has been asking for the bitty baby forever and said that for Christmas she would die if she didn't get Lanie! haha So we have those 2 dolls for her, she has the bitty twins and Chrissa.

So my question is, if you get your DD the $300 camper for Christmas, what else do you get her? I mean $300 for one item is just soo much in itself. My DD only wants AG stuff and a guitar, so it should be easy, but it isn't!

Ok so here's a question for ya AG crazy people (don't worry we are part of that group too)! My DD 5 turning 6 in October...really wants the camper for Christmas. We already ordered Lanie and the bitty baby from QVC!:woohoo: She has been asking for the bitty baby forever and said that for Christmas she would die if she didn't get Lanie! haha So we have those 2 dolls for her, she has the bitty twins and Chrissa.

So my question is, if you get your DD the $300 camper for Christmas, what else do you get her? I mean $300 for one item is just soo much in itself. My DD only wants AG stuff and a guitar, so it should be easy, but it isn't!

This is why I couldn't justify spending that much. I told the kids that if they get something like that for Christmas, then they don't get anything else and they don't get anything for their birthday either. That's a crazy amount of money. The kids agreed that they would rather have other things.;)

Every family has their limit.

I too, told my DD that this would be the ONLY thing that Santa brings. I even asked her to visualize how it would be on Christmas morning with just that item while her sister has more. She doesn't care and wants the camper. So, I guess I'm ordering the camper.

Well, for me, the camper is a gift for both of my girls, so I look at the cost divided by two.;) But really, American Girl items are expensive anyways. I mean, can you really justify $100 for a doll, $30 for a doll outfit, $80-$100 for a doll bed, etc., etc, kwim? American Girl is expensive and I realized that going into it. In our family, Christmas and Birthdays are big deals. Do I have a tendency to go overboard? Yes! But that is how I choose to spend my hard-earned money :goodvibes The joy that my girls will have on Christmas morning is priceless to me :love:

The camper will be the girls' "big" gift from Dh and I, but they will still get plenty of other things from Santa: zoobles, squinkies, books, DS/Leapster games, AG clothes, a new AG doll, etc. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter