• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

American Girl "mini's"?

BibbidiBobbidiBOO

<font color=green>AKL is my new favorite<br><font
Has anyone purchased one and what do you think? These are the little rooms you can decorate and the lights really work etc. DD would love one, and now that they are half price I am more willing(for a gift) to get her one. They are still pricey and I imagine(though they won't admit) that they are not going to make them anymore. Don't know what to do!:confused: They are really cute and everything is reversible. Hey-I think I want one too;) . Seriously, has anyone bought one? Any other opinions? :confused:

Hunter has the Target version of one of these. (They don't make them anymore either)
She loves to play and decorate with them. I ordered her AG's horse stuff last Christmas (to go with her Target stuff) and just ordered the Hamster set (she has a pet rat, ya know. ;) ) for this coming Christmas. BTW, DD is 9yo.

I remember seeing those Target ones, had a friend who bought one and had trouble though(electricity did not work). So I was scared of them, probably a fluke. DD is 8, so it sounds like she is the right age to enjoy. The horses are cute! ALL the sets are. I am thinking it would be the big Christmas gift. The one room is $89 and there are several other things I would get(drawer and accessories).
Thanks for the feedback! I can see her(and me;) ) rearranging the furniture.:p

I have not purchased any, but have gone to an AG store the past 3 winters for shopping and love them. My daughter is 17 and she really wants some!! I just didn't have the extra $$$ to get them yet!

I say "go for it" they are way cool!!!!!

My neice has some of the AG Mini stuff, and it looks so darn cute!

I'm sorry to hear they're not going to make it any more.

OK:D ! That is all I needed to hear, some encouragement! Hey-you best get them while half price and in case they go away:eek: ! I am going to go call NOW!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!
PS-Not sure they are going away, that was the "vibe" they gave off, though they said the decision was not made yet!

Aw, I miss playing with American Girls stuff!! I still have my Samantha and Addy...and I think I want Kit...so what if I'm about to turn 21? :D

WDWaurora I confess I bought my AG doll and I was like 21. I have american girl doll today one, but I did kinda want and still do want Kit. I say go for it.

And did you all see the newest AG Today doll, Kailey?

Hunter thinks she is "sweet". She is a surfer girl!

Kailey

I saw Kailey! DD has a Kit, so I get to play with her :p !
Can't wait for that room to arrive;) .

DD got one 2 yrs ago for C'mas with all the "trimmings" that were available at the time. She wanted another, but we didn't go ahead with it due to finances (laid off) AND the electric stopped working at about a yr. HOWEVER, she still plays with that thing and has been making herself Mini items to use with it! I have to say that even though the electric doesn't work & it was pricey, it was well-spent $$. It's gotten a lot of play over hte past 2 yrs.

One tip - DD likes to use her Fashion Polly's with it. She always wanted dolls for it, but they don't make them. The Polly's (not Polly Pockets) are a bit too big, but generally fit & she's quite happy with them.

Thanks for the Polly Pocket tip! I imagined DD would find some doll to stuff in there:p ! I will guide her towards that as she has a dozen of them. I think they would have sold more of the rooms if they DID have a tiny AG doll to go with it, and these half prices were the normal prices!
Did you know you could get a replacement room with electricity that works? They told me they will stand behind their products as I asked this. No problem. I imagine they would still switch it out if they have that particular room still. You may want to call and ask, won't hurt.:D

Thanks for the Polly Pocket tip!

Ummm - it's NOT the Polly Pockets. It's the FASHION Polly's - they're 4-5" tall & have what DD calls "rubber" clothes. The clothes kind of 'snap' on.

Did you know you could get a replacement room with electricity that works? They told me they will stand behind their products as I asked this.

AARRGGHH!! I had asked DH to call about it, since he was the one who "knew" what was wrong with it. He said he did...now I wonder???? I'll have to give them a call today. Thanks!

That is the Polly's I meant-have all those rubber clothes too. A dozens of those dolls, even Princess Fashion Polly's. Those Polly Pockets are teeny:p ! I guess I just call them all the same thing! My goof.
Good luck with the call. They told me they are 100% guaranteed and they will stand behind them even if discontinued.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter