American Girl Dolls - 20% off

HHMcG

DIS Veteran
American Girl Doll is 20% of all merchandise on the website. I didn't think they ever did store-wide sales.

My mom bought DD's first AGD Thursday. Debating if it's worth the hassle of walking my mom thru canceling and reordering or ordering a second and returning. Ugg.

I know. I didn't either. I was just at the store in D.C. last weekend and bought a Grace doll for full price. I came home and ordered a few accessories that my daughter wanted a few days later for Christmas because I thought it never really goes on sale (unless you can find a deal on Zulily or the Today show), I'll just go ahead and get them. Now both those things are half price.

For me, I decided it wasn't worth it to try to exchange. Win some, lose some.

Last edited:
Will they do a price adjustment for either of you? A 5 min phone call may save you some $$ and a hassle for you and them (cancelling orders, ordering a second order and returning the first one, etc.)

Where were all these discounts when my DDs wanted an all American Girl Christmas? I was never able to get any discounted dolls or gift cards and there were very few items that ever went on sale.

My DDs went to Costco with me before Thanksgiving and they noticed the $100 gift cards (4x$25) for $79. They both said they would have loved to get those when they were younger. (Both are in HS now.) I said I would ha e bought the discounted cards and used them to buy the items they wanted. Now, if you could get the items on sale, too, it would REALLY be a savings!

They are very firm on not doing price adjustments. In fact, if you return in store and say why you're returning is because of a lower price I have heard multiple times that they will refuse the return. Of course you can return in store and say "duplicate gift", "changed mind" or any other reason. But don't say "lower price" or "return and rebuy".

Unfortunately the one thing I would buy full price (Grace's baking rack) is already sold out.

MIL is neurotic and has to buy everything in October. She would have saved over $40 on the stuff she bought for my DD. I'm not even going to tell her - but she gets the emails, so I'm sure she's figured it out. She bought something for me last month too that was a Black Friday sale so she's now up to almost $100 that she could have saved. This makes me twitch!

Oh, and make sure you enter the code even if you're buying sale items. I didn't have any full price items, but it still gave me $2.40 off of something (Rebecca's coat it seems).

They are very firm on not doing price adjustments. In fact, if you return in store and say why you're returning is because of a lower price I have heard multiple times that they will refuse the return. Of course you can return in store and say "duplicate gift", "changed mind" or any other reason. But don't say "lower price" or "return and rebuy".

I assumed as much. We bought the Grace doll (which would be the big savings) at the D.C. store when visiting D.C. We live in Pittsburgh so not worth it to try to go through the hassle of returning, etc. It is annoying to buy something and less than a week later have it go on sale. I would have saved about $60 if we had purchased all the stuff we got in D.C. (and then a few days later) on line with the 20% off.

I assumed as much. We bought the Grace doll (which would be the big savings) at the D.C. store when visiting D.C. We live in Pittsburgh so not worth it to try to go through the hassle of returning, etc. It is annoying to buy something and less than a week later have it go on sale. I would have saved about $60 if we had purchased all the stuff we got in D.C. (and then a few days later) on line with the 20% off.

I agree that it's annoying. I think you can ship it back for a return with a prepaid label (I think you can print it out for around $8 on their site) but I've never done it. I considered it but then we ended up visiting the store in person. I will say they're very generous in the timing on their returns. No # days requirement so can bring the stuff back considerably later, although DC is quite a distance from Pittsburgh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter