• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

American Girl doll help

needtoplan

Mouseketeer
Ok so I got a great American girl doll on Craigslist for $40 along with a doll horse for DD-5 for Christmas. It's Maryellen. Problem is it didn't come with her original outfit . I have been tirelessly searching craigslist, eBay and mercari with no luck. Any other sights I might try to find this elusive meet outfit?

No, looking for the original striped meet dress. Oddly enough I am finding meet outfits for a lot of the other dolls just not Maryellen.

Yes. That last posting is the only one I've seen for the dress itself and it's shipping from Canada Not super eager to drop over $56 for the outfit when I spent $40 for the doll. I was hoping to spend no more than $24 on the dress. (Sigh) I just didn't know if there were any other sites that I wasn't aware of that might have it

Ok so I got a great American girl doll on Craigslist for $40 along with a doll horse for DD-5 for Christmas. It's Maryellen. Problem is it didn't come with her original outfit . I have been tirelessly searching craigslist, eBay and mercari with no luck. Any other sights I might try to find this elusive meet outfit?
I found a very similar dress on Etsy. It’s nit a perfect match but nice. It’s $48 & only 1 left. Go to Etsy & enter”American girl doll Maryellen striped dress” in the search. Hope this helps.

Have you contacted American Girl directly? I would call and see if they can sell you the meet outfit. Their customer service is incredible!

Mary Ellen hasn't been around very long, so you might have a hard time finding her meet outfit cheap. The ones with lots of meet outfits on eBay have been around much longer (such as Molly and Felicity). You might consider buying one of her other outfits instead since I'm pretty sure American Girl isn't selling the meet outfits separately. The only time I've seen them sell meet outfits separately was when they did the BeForever conversion maybe 4 years ago. You can certainly call them and ask (I believe "it never hurts to ask"), but in recent years they have been requiring proof that you were the original owner in order to buy replacement parts and fewer and fewer parts have been available.

You can certainly keep checking ebay, etc., since Costco is selling a Mary Ellen set right now you might get lucky that someone wanted the doll without the meet outfit. But I'd consider a Plan B of which alternate Mary Ellen outfit to get. The poodle skirt is adorable! And the strawberry outfit figures into one of the books prominently.

Thanks everyone for your ideas. The Facebook pages are now places I'm looking too. I do believe that I will need to have a backup in place as I have been looking to no avail. If anyone happens to see this meet outfit posted, please let me know. I have the shrug and the doll. Most interested in the striped dress at reasonable price. Thanks again!

Call American Girl and tell them you need a replacement meet outfit for Mary Ellen. You can tell them it was a gift and the outfit got lost. You can pay for it and have it shipped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter