american children on half term NS CROWDS QUESTION

kingken

LOVEFLORIDA
HI, ARE THE AMERICAN SCHOOLS ON A WEEKS HALF TERM DURING 16TH UNTILL 30TH OCTOBER, IF SO IS IT A WEEK OR TWO, WHAT ARE CROWDS LIKE DURING THIS TIME, MANY THANKS

Many schools (it seems more each year) have a fall break over Columbus Day weekend and the following week. Crowds have been increasing the past few years in October because of fall break. I would check easywdw for past crowd calendars in October to get a better idea.

School schedules vary widely in the US. There may be some schools with a break around then, many don't. The US is not like some countries where the entire country is on the same schedule. Each school system determines their own schedule.

I've lived in 5 diff states across the country, and only 2 places I've lived (incl NY) have fall break. It depends on the district.

I think the majority of schools that have a fall break are in the south, where they started back to school earlier. Here in MI where public school (By law) can't start until after Labor Day, a fall break is basically unheard of.

I would say most fall breaks will be over before your trip. Weekends are likely to still be very crowded.

We're in Georgia. The schools around us were out last week for the entire week.

HI, ARE THE AMERICAN SCHOOLS ON A WEEKS HALF TERM DURING 16TH UNTILL 30TH OCTOBER, IF SO IS IT A WEEK OR TWO, WHAT ARE CROWDS LIKE DURING THIS TIME, MANY THANKS

The majority of schools that take off will be taking off the 2nd week or the third week of October. The last week of October should be lighter as is the first week.

I think the majority of schools that have a fall break are in the south, where they started back to school earlier. Here in MI where public school (By law) can't start until after Labor Day, a fall break is basically unheard of.
What do you consider "in the south"?

No fall break that I've ever heard of in Florida. Didn't know there was such a thing anywhere

First school break around here is a couple days for thanksgiving, then winter break in dec

Our school district has a week-long fall break 10/17-10/21.

If the on-site resort loads are an indication of the crowds, it may be quite busy.

We are in Texas.... no fall break here. Two of the private schools with a larger population of Jewish students, were out Monday for Columbus Day, and Tuesday and Wednesday for Rosh Hashanah or Yom Kippur. I'm sorry, one was last week and one holiday was this week. I can't remember right this second which one.

No fall break that I've ever heard of in Florida. Didn't know there was such a thing anywhere

First school break around here is a couple days for thanksgiving, then winter break in dec

No fall break in FL that I know of either until Thanksgiving.

Some schools have off Friday or Monday for Columbus Day. When my son went to school, the public schools had one day and some of the private schools had another. That was one day he and friends had different days off.

We are in metro atlanta - second largest school district in the state. Our fall break is in late September every year - with many families heading to Disney for the week.

We are in Oklahoma...many districts in our area had Thurs Oct 6th and Fri Oct 7th off. Others have several days off this week. Most also have the entire week of Thanksgiving off.

We are going 10/25-11/3 next year and from my research the fall breaks s/be mostly over by then. Just food/wine crowds on the weekend and probably (not bad) moderate crowds during week, which is okay with us! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter