American Airlines?

lillyandlexisnana

Earning My Ears
Just wondering what your experiences are with AA? I can get a flight out of STL to MCO at a pretty reasonable rate. Its non stop too, so wondering if they are pretty reliable or if there have been any problems with them and should I look elsewhere? I have flown only once in my lifetime so I am not too familiar with Airlines in General. At that time I took Ozark Airlines from STL to Norfolk, Virginia.

Just flew AA from O'Hare to Houston. Relatives gave us some frequent flyer miles or we normally wouldn't fly AA. But it was great but going down and return. It was non-stop. They left a bit early on the first flight and we got down there about 20 minutes early :thumbsup2. On the way back it left on time and we arrived about 5 minutes early. The luggage was very quick to get out on they carousel on both trips. There were no snacks, just beverages but that's okay - the flights were early and we got our luggage was there and quickly. To me that's more important. So I was very pleased with this flight. We had flown AA many years ago and were not pleased with them at all with 5 or 6 flights over a couple of years back in the late '80's, but we were happy with how things went this time. Maybe they have really improved over time?

We like them, and have flown Airtran, AA, USAir and SWA. We had a long wait leaving MCO one year, so that sucked, and thanks to Magical Express, our luggage arrived to the airport on a previous flight, so when we arrived, we had to go to another terminal to pick up our unguarded luggage late at night. That sucked, but since then, we have traveled AA many times, and have done great every time. They still give you a free soda, but no snacks, but we just bring our own. The whole carry on luggage thing is getting crazy, if you are the last to board, you may not have a spot for your carry on, and they may have to check it. But that may be happening with most of the airlines now that most of them charge for first bag. In any case, I happily booked my Feb.2010 trip with them today...yay!

The whole carry on luggage thing is getting crazy, if you are the last to board, you may not have a spot for your carry on, and they may have to check it. But that may be happening with most of the airlines now that most of them charge for first bag. today...yay!

Thanks for your reply. So I am assuming they only allow one bag per person in addition to one carry on bag and the rest is luggage that has to be paid for? How much do they charge per bag extra?

No, I believe that they charge $15 for first cheecked bag, and I just read somewhere, maybe here on the Dis, that they are about to up that by $5. Not sure what they charge for the second or more bags. They allow one carry on luggage piece, and one like a purse or backpack or something like that, per person. We are a family of 4, so each of us takes a carry on and a back-pack type bag. It works out nicely, actually, because we don't have to do the whole luggage-go-round in the airport, just walk off the plane and on to the transportation. But we were doing that before they started charging for checked luggage, now more people are doing carryon, so there's less room. Evidently, AA has expanded most of their overhead bins to accomodate carryons to go in wheels first, which allows more carryons per bin. We'll have to see, but I still like the seating better than SW seating system.

Usually SW has really great fares for STL to MCO and as of now they have no baggage fee. BUT, with southwest you will have to get your own luggage at MCO and check it yourself on the way home. We have R/T on Aug 15-22 and paid $72 each way per person.

We are flying out of STL with American in Oct. This will be our first experience using them. We have flown Airtran & Delta in the past. I do know that there is a $15 fee for the first checked bag and I believe $25 for the second bag (not sure about that). Like pp said that may be increased to $20 for the first bag in the very near future. Also, you are allowed one personal item (camera, laptop, purse, etc.) and one carry on bag. Hope that helps!

Usually SW has really great fares for STL to MCO and as of now they have no baggage fee. BUT, with southwest you will have to get your own luggage at MCO and check it yourself on the way home. We have R/T on Aug 15-22 and paid $72 each way per person.

Thats a great rate! I got a quote for a non-stop American Airlines flight from STL to MCO and it was $165.00!! You def got a good fair though!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter