• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amazon Vent...

Terry36

DIS Veteran
I placed an order order for a WiiFit on the 16th and I have yet to receive notification of it being shipped....I am getting very worried that it wont't get here before the weekend. To top it off I paid extra for it to get here faster...:mad:

Is anyone else waiting on Amazon to ship them something?

Log into your account on amazon and it should show you est date of receiving each item, then a tracking # when it shipped. I've ordered A LOT off amazon this month and I've received everything in less than a week, inc Wii stuff.

I would give it another day or two. Do you need it for the weekend?

I will say I had a really hard time with Amazon this year. I ordered an iPod for DH the day after Thanksgiving and it never made it to the shipping process. I tried to update it to 2 day shipping and that pushed the delivery date back to January! I ended up cancelling my order because I was afraid it wouldn't make it to me by Christmas. When I contacted Amazon about it, I got someone in another country who had no idea what I was saying or why I was upset.

I hope you have better luck than I did!

I joined Amazon Prime (2 day shipping) at the beginning of the year and since then haven't had any problems.

Is this being sent from amazon itself, or one of their sellers?

:) Michele

Count me in on the less than thrilled with Amazon list. I ordered something last week...received notice that my card was charged and it was on the way. Tuesday I got an email saying...so sorry, it was out of stock and we didn't know it! Card will be refunded...sorry for inconvenience! ARRG!

Unfortunately, it was the ONLY thing my son had requested for Christmas and had been unavailable here for weeks. Amazon was my last shot! For some reason you can find Red Sox hats in every size but 7 1/2!

Needless to say, I am irked!

June

Count me in on the less than thrilled with Amazon list. I ordered something last week...received notice that my card was charged and it was on the way. Tuesday I got an email saying...so sorry, it was out of stock and we didn't know it! Card will be refunded...sorry for inconvenience! ARRG!

Unfortunately, it was the ONLY thing my son had requested for Christmas and had been unavailable here for weeks. Amazon was my last shot! For some reason you can find Red Sox hats in every size but 7 1/2!

Needless to say, I am irked!

June

Lids.com has fitted Boston hats...I just looked, and they have a 7 1/2 in their Authentic Collection (dark blue with the red "B") for $32, $5 shipping, and per the web site its in stock.

I have been ordering form Amazon for years without a problem. All of this year's christmas stuff I ordered got here is less than a week. Have you checked the status in your my Amazon?

That's odd because my amazon orders have been shipping really fast recently and I used the free shipping. I hope you get your order in time

Usually I have no problems with Amazon. I always use their Super Saver Shipping and everything I've bought comes in less than 5 days. However, two weeks ago I purchased the new Dance Dance Revolution game for the Wii during one of Amazon's Goldbox specials. I received a notice that it was shipped on Dec. 9 (also when my credit card was charged). I still haven't received it... The latest USPS tracking info on it is from Dec. 10 and says it's in Delaware. It was supposed to arrive on Monday, but nothing yet. I contacted Amazon about it and they told me to give it until Friday to arrive. If it didn't arrive by then they would ship me another one. (However, I'm going out of town for the holidays and won't be home to get it!!)

This has been my only problem with Amazon.

Since they only charge during the shipping process, sounds like they did think there were more of whatever it was, but found out that the bin was empty, or there was a problem with the items in the bin, etc.

It's such a bummer when that sort of thing happens!

If it didn't arrive by then they would ship me another one. (However, I'm going out of town for the holidays and won't be home to get it!!)

If it doesn't arrive, contact them by using that "click here to have amazon call me" option, and when you talk with them, see if they can send it to the address where you will be. I don't know if they can still do that, but they could when I worked there!

And yes, they have some CS outsourced in India. Insanely smart people working there, but sometimes the idiomatic English skills fall short.

And for the record, when I worked there, I was an outsourcee, helping amazon.co.uk out when they were asleep, rather than paying the UK folks (in Belfast) overtime!

Therefore, I do not have issues with outsourcing at all (it was cheaper for the company's bottom line to pay me instead of the Belfast reps and that's a good thing!), but you just hope that everyone works hard to get the language right. I learned so much about British-English while doing that work!

I have also had problems with Amazon this year -- usually, everything would ship quickly and be here within one week. While my other packages have arrived, I am still waiting on one that I ordered the day after Thanksgiving!! It says it shipped, but it hasn't moved in ten days. I contacted amazon yesterday through email and received a reply back to wait until Friday and they would send another one (like the PP also). I don't know if it's amazon's fault or USPS's fault or what but it's very annoying to me --- 3 people's gifts were in that shipment. The person that emailed me was also from India, but it was easy to communicate bc it was all through email and it looked like it was a form letter.

I just received a package today, that seemed to take a week long US tour. :rotfl2:

December 18, 2008 12:48:00 PM RALEIGH NC US Delivered
December 18, 2008 06:20:00 AM RALEIGH NC US Arrival Scan
December 18, 2008 12:55:00 AM RALEIGH NC US Arrival Scan
December 17, 2008 11:24:00 PM GREENSBORO NC US Departure Scan
December 17, 2008 07:56:00 PM GREENSBORO NC US Arrival Scan
December 17, 2008 04:30:00 AM JACKSON MS US Departure Scan
December 17, 2008 02:05:00 AM JACKSON MS US Arrival Scan
December 16, 2008 05:43:00 PM MESQUITE TX US Departure Scan
December 16, 2008 02:17:00 PM MESQUITE TX US Arrival Scan
December 15, 2008 07:46:00 PM EL PASO TX US Departure Scan
December 15, 2008 05:17:00 PM EL PASO TX US Arrival Scan
December 15, 2008 08:07:00 AM PHOENIX AZ US Departure Scan
December 12, 2008 10:04:00 PM PHOENIX AZ US Arrival Scan
December 12, 2008 09:41:00 PM TEMPE AZ US Departure Scan
December 12, 2008 06:09:00 PM TEMPE AZ US Shipment received by carrier
December 12, 2008 04:58:21 PM US Shipment has left seller facility and is in trans

You may already be doing this but...

Pay attention to the expected ship dates when you purchase. I usually assume stuff will ship right away but I notice this holiday season that on the checkout page sometimes the expected ship date was the following week.

I wasn't too worried about ordering 'cause it kept saying at the top "5 more days to order with free shipping.." but when I put all free ship items in my cart I got a warning, "your items will not arrive until after Christmas. If this is a problem you need to pick a different shipping method." :confused3

So, I didn't order and I can't find the item I wanted locally.

I placed an order 3 days ago and received the auto-confirmation email with an order number, but when I log into my amazon account, the order isn't there! No listing of items, no click here to make a change, nothing at all! So I spent this morning driving around town, attempting to replace the items in the order (about 75% successful, thankfully). I will call later today to cancel--sure hope I don't run into language issues, trying to explain why I need to cancel an order that apparently went POOF sometime on Tuesday.

I guess I'm a lucky one! :goodvibes I've done most of my holiday shopping from Amazon. Living in my one horse town, this saves me. Not only would I not be able to find everything, but the big towns are about 1 1/2 hours away. Most things have arrived before a week is out... even when they say they won't ship until the 23rd of December. I luckily have never had a problem (knock on wood) and have always used free shipping! :goodvibes

I think I've placed 8 orders since Thanksgiving. Amazon messed up one. The USPS however has not been nice to me. I've had orders scan twice in the same city 3 days apart. :headache: And now I'm waiting for my last two boxes. One scanned with my town as the origination point, 2 days ago. Still no package. And the other scanned with an origination point as 'US', 2 days ago. Still no package. Thanks USPS, that's really helpful. :rolleyes:

I ordered some golf clubs and amazon said they may not get there before 12-24 unless you pay more shipping-$50 more! no way so I went with the standard. I cut and pasted the tracking number and went to UPS site and it said there was no delay and was on time to be delivered 12-18 and Amazon estimated date was 12-22 thru 26. I got the clubs yesterday on the 18th. Glad I didn't let them sucker me into more shipping.
Check out UPS tracking. More accurate.

I ordered some golf clubs and amazon said they may not get there before 12-24 unless you pay more shipping-$50 more! no way so I went with the standard. I cut and pasted the tracking number and went to UPS site and it said there was no delay and was on time to be delivered 12-18 and Amazon estimated date was 12-22 thru 26. I got the clubs yesterday on the 18th. Glad I didn't let them sucker me into more shipping.
Check out UPS tracking. More accurate.
When retailers estimate their shipping times, they typically use a padded estimate of when the item will go out the door and the shipper's 'slow estimate'. This is an obvious attempt to cut down on people complaining if their priority mail shipment didn't make it to their house in two days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter