• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amazon prime why is it taking so long?

java

<font color=darkorchid>I am embracing the Turkey B
What happened to 2 day shipping? Most of my recents (that are all sold direct from Amazon) are taking 4-5 days to get here! Am I the only one? Or are others having issues?

I placed an order on Dec 2 (prime) and I got some things on the 4th and some on the 5th. So 2-3 days. There were a couple things that didn't qualify for prime so those took a couple extra days.

I have done okay with Prime. I've had some things take 3 days.

What I've noticed, recently, is that regular shipping is definitely slower. I ordered something around Thanksgiving. The latest arrival date was Dec 10. I've rarely had anything take as long as the latest date. This thing didn't come until Dec 13. However, I am on the east coast and we did get snow (as did most of the U.S. from the midwest over to the coast). So I think that may have definitely impacted shipping times.

Yes I am on the east coast too. I order The little mermaid(sold by amazon) on Wed. morning. It's scheduled to arrive Monday.

Funny things I picked economy shipping from newegg and got it the next day. I guess I live near their distribution center.

I will still order from Amazon just wondering if shipping timeframes have changed.

There has been a lot of bad weather around the country and that impacts shipping. If the Fed Ex, UPS, etc. planes can't take off or land that slows things down.

Yes I am on the east coast too. I order The little mermaid(sold by amazon) on Wed. morning. It's scheduled to arrive Monday.

Funny things I picked economy shipping from newegg and got it the next day. I guess I live near their distribution center.

I will still order from Amazon just wondering if shipping timeframes have changed.

I ordered something from Newegg about a month ago and it came SUPER fast also! It was great.

I do think last week's weather may have impacted shipping of things, depending on where they originated.

There was one thing we ordered through Amazon Prime recently that did not arrive in the two day window. It was scheduled to do so. But it went through Smart Post (which I hate) and that seemed to hang it up. I think it was 4 days before it arrived. Everything else has been fine.

Make sure you are choosing items that are Amazon Prime eligible. Amazon sells a lot of things for second parties, which are not eligible.

Guessing it is just the weather as of late...everything has been on time for us. We even received a couple of items from UPS on Sunday, which I didn't think was possible.

For me, smartpost and surepost stuff comes within two days, but traditional UPS is coming much slower. I want to blame it on the weather, but the smart/sure post stuff is unaffected so it seems to be something more than that. I've ordered a lot of stuff from Amazon this Christmas and receive a new package almost daily (dang those daily deals, lol). I have one package I ordered last weekend, was schedule to arrive last Tuesday and I still haven't seen it. I got an email yesterday from Amazon that my package would be late (duh) but when reviewing the tracking the estimated delivery date has never updated so I really have no clue when I should expect to receive it. Unfortunately it had a gift I need this week and thought I had ordered in time to receive, so I hope it makes it's way to me soon!

Also, I've done prime for years now and this is the first year I've noticed lags in deliveries...

Make sure you are choosing items that are Amazon Prime eligible. Amazon sells a lot of things for second parties, which are not eligible.

Guessing it is just the weather as of late...everything has been on time for us. We even received a couple of items from UPS on Sunday, which I didn't think was possible.

Mine was definitely Prime. Just checked - it was due here on a Monday (which would have been correct with the 2 day Prime) and it did not arrive until Wednesday.

I just ordered something from Prime. Was due to get here Wednesday and arrived Friday. It was held up by the Post Office. They literally had on the tracking something to the extent of "due to unforeseen circumstances, the packages were not unloaded from the truck."

I have noticed, though, that other marketplace seller purchases I've made recently give a huge 3 week time span as to when it will arrive. I feel they're covering all bases.

I am picking Prime only. I emailed to ask what is up. I'll report back.

I ordered something from Newegg about a month ago and it came SUPER fast also! It was great.

I do think last week's weather may have impacted shipping of things, depending on where they originated.

Newegg's distribution center is in Edison NJ...I've received things ordered at 10pm, by 5pm the next day...crazy fast!

I have Prime, the earlier items I ordered came in really quick. I do have one order that was due in Fri but says due to the weather up north there is a delay. Maybe that is what is holding up yours.

We had a delay in something we ordered via Amazon Prime recently. When we called to inquire, they said they would send out another item, then we found out later it was because of an ice storm, either on the East Coast or in Dallas, I can't remember. Anyway, now we will probably get 2, and will have to send one back!

Mine was definitely Prime. Just checked - it was due here on a Monday (which would have been correct with the 2 day Prime) and it did not arrive until Wednesday.

I've noticed in the last year that the two days don't always include weekends like they used to :(

i notice a sign by the prime elgible that it says it takes 1-2 days to ship + the 2 day shipping... so my guess is probably a really busy shipping season. hopefully when jan comes around, it would be back to normal... really hoping its not cuz of them now switching to USPS...

I agree with others - the bad weather in parts of the country really screw things up in other parts of the country.

Let's not forget - that there is most likely an increase in Amazon shopping that taxes the system that could add to the delays. In addition to any delivery service - i.e. USPS, UPS, FedEx etc.

Our DD wanted to get her boyfriend something last week from Amazon - I advised her that if she did not order it that night - that she should not do it. They are at college - and the delivery would "have" to be there by Tuesday. I was not optimistic about that at all - so we sent DD a "pic" of our 30% off coupon for Kohl's.

I have had things later lately, but mine have been because of UPS. I get the email in the morning saying its on the truck, then another one the next morning saying its on the truck and then the 3rd day it finally comes. Still loving Amazon prime!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter