Amazon prime pantry delivery

happyleesh

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done the Amazon Pantry delivery to their resort? How early should I order if I want it there on arrival day? I was going to do garden grocer but we're already Amazon members. Thanks!

I ordered from Amazon Prime Pantry last year and this year. Our arrival date both years was/is October 12. I ordered October 1 for both trips. It arrived last year on October 8. When we checked in we just told the front desk we had a delivery sent to the resort and they had bell services bring the boxes to our room. It was super easy.

About a week should be good. When I ordered, it said expected delivery was 1-4 business days. I ordered 5 days before our arrival and it came the day after we arrived. No big deal--nothing we absolutely needed the first day! But I'm thinking next time I'll plan about a week.

Has anyone done the Amazon Pantry delivery to their resort? How early should I order if I want it there on arrival day? I was going to do garden grocer but we're already Amazon members. Thanks!
This is the first I heard of doing this! Genius! How does it work? Do you know if the resort charges a fee to receive the package?

This is the first I heard of doing this! Genius! How does it work? Do you know if the resort charges a fee to receive the package?
The only resorts that charge a fee are the convention center resorts. I know Coronado Springs does, and I think it's $10/box, but I'm not sure what the other convention center resorts are. The Amazon fee is only $5.99, you can get 3 12packs of water for around $11 shipped from Amazon!

The only resorts that charge a fee are the convention center resorts. I know Coronado Springs does, and I think it's $10/box, but I'm not sure what the other convention center resorts are. The Amazon fee is only $5.99, you can get 3 12packs of water for around $11 shipped from Amazon!
You go to the Amazon Pantry and the first thing you add will start a box. Every item in the pantry has a percentage that it takes up in the box, and you can't go over 100%. The 12 packs of water are 33% while a bag of starburst is like 2%. Then you checkout and put your name, care of your resort, direct resort address, and your arrival date. They say checkout about 10 days before you arrive. :)

You go to the Amazon Pantry and the first thing you add will start a box. Every item in the pantry has a percentage that it takes up in the box, and you can't go over 100%. The 12 packs of water are 33% while a bag of starburst is like 2%. Then you checkout and put your name, care of your resort, direct resort address, and your arrival date. They say checkout about 10 days before you arrive. :)
I am going to try this! Pretty much all I need is the water so it seems a waste (esp. when for only 2 people) when you have to place a minimum order I will check our resort. Thanks!

I got two boxes delivered in August at Pop Century - I ordered toiletries, laundry stuff, snacks, drinks, etc... It was great! Both boxes I ordered over a week before our trip.

Update. We placed our order last friday Oct 9th. Based on the info I read here I was nervous that we should have ordered a day or two earlier. It arrived at our resort on Monday Oct 13th and we don't arrive until Friday/Saturday. Our Hotel confirmed they were happy to hold our package until we arrive.

I placed my order today (99.8% full box!), and already received an email saying it shipped and is scheduled to arrive on Friday. We don't arrive til Wednesday, but everything I've read seems to say that shouldn't be an issue.

Did any of you use amazon prime for free 2 day shipping? I have not ordered pantry items before and this sounds like a great idea especially for some bottle water and juice and a few snack items
Bev

Prime Pantry items are priced much differently than Amazon Prime. It was very inexpensive to get Prime Pantry to deliver water and other things (the time I used it, they offered free shipping if you bought four qualifying items; six packs of Dasani were among them so my shipping was free anyway).

You can compare to see what works best for you!

So I just tracked my order, which was scheduled to arrive today, and it's in Jacksonville with a new delivery date of Monday. It's also 47 lbs, so I definitely hope that it can be delivered to my room by bell services!

I'm trying Amazon Prime Pantry for the first time to ship a box to AKL for our trip. I'll try to update on how it went once we're there and it arrives.

When I was adding items to my box, it told me when I needed to order by a certain amount of time (order within 20hrs, 10min, 33sec for example) in order for it to arrive on our arrival date of 10/21. I ordered yesterday 10/19 mid-morning because it said I still had plenty of time but I'm pretty sure it won't be there on 10/21. The order has not yet shipped as of the morning of 10/20 (still preparing for shipment) and it says the expected arrival date is between 10/20 - 10/23. I am okay if it arrives within that time frame, but I have to admit I'm a little upset because it originally said it would arrive on 10/21, not with a range of dates. Once I submitted the actual order it gave a range of dates. If we were doing a shorter trip I'd be pretty upset if it was delayed beyond that, but luckily we're staying 9 nights so even if it arrives on 10/23 we'll still have plenty of time to use the food & toiletry items I ordered.

If we're all keeping score (LOL!), I managed to fill my box to exactly 100%!!! :cool1: I have 24 items in my box ranging from hand soap, to Larabars, to Perrier. Haha! We're actually sharing the box with my folks who are traveling with us but staying at a different resort so once the box does arrive, we'll stuff our backpacks with their stuff and deliver their goodies to their room. I didn't want them to have to pay the package handling fee for their resort (Beach Club) and there was no way my husband and I needed a full box of stuff.

Our Amazon box arrives tomorrow & we arrive on 10/31.

We got a few cases of Nestle water for only $1.99 (12 bottles), along with some snacks. Garden Grocer's service is excellent, but we didn't need anything perishable & wouldn't have made the $40 minimum order either.

The resort confirmed that they are happy to hold packages for guests for up to two weeks. :)

Can someone tell me what is the package handling fee that the resorts are charging?

I just sent mine for 10/31 as well, and it should be there tomorrow. No waters though! Luckily I have a friend who's going to pick up a case of water for us when we get there.

I am glad to know about the two week thing, I was a little paranoid about sending too early!

Can someone tell me what is the package handling fee that the resorts are charging?

This is from the Shipping thread here on the Dis:

Will Disney charge me for receiving a package?

If the package is being delivered to a resort with a convention center, yes. For all other resorts, no. Disney has outsourced the handling of package deliveries at resort convention centers to outside companies, and all packages delivered to those resorts go to the convention center.

Resorts with convention centers are: Grand Floridian, Yacht Club/Beach Club/Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Inn/Boardwalk Villas, Contemporary/Bay Lake Tower, and Coronado Springs.

You will be charged a handling fee for each package you receive. The fee is based on weight. For packages that are less than 5 pounds, it’s $3. For packages from 5 pounds to 20 pounds, it’s $5. Packages heavier than 20 pounds have a $10 charge.

Note: it’s been said that packages shipped via the post office do not go to the convention center, and therefore there is no handling fee. I have not been able to confirm this, though, so please don’t come back and yell at me if you get charged for your USPS delivery. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter