Amazon Fire TV Stick $24.99

Marionnette

Children see magic because they look for it
For those of you who missed out on getting one from Amazon Prime last month, both Staples and Bestbuy have the stick for $24.99 + tax and shipping this week. Limit 2 per customer.

I purchased one for my daughter for Christmas and I tested it when it arrived on Friday. It was a little quirky at first (needed to download and install a software update) and then it had to be disconnected and restarted in order to re-connect to my wi-fi. But the Netflix streaming is very good and the music app is a nice way to access your library through your TV.

For those of you who missed out on getting one from Amazon Prime last month, both Staples and Bestbuy have the stick for $24.99 + tax and shipping this week. Limit 2 per customer.

I purchased one for my daughter for Christmas and I tested it when it arrived on Friday. It was a little quirky at first (needed to download and install a software update) and then it had to be disconnected and restarted in order to re-connect to my wi-fi. But the Netflix streaming is very good and the music app is a nice way to access your library through your TV.

nice to hear your report on how the Stick works, mine will be here tomorrow, can't wait to try it out

Thanks for the review! I ordered one from Amazon but it's not here yet. I think I will probably give it to DD20 for Christmas.

Is it available in the stores as well? We will be by Staples tonight.

That said, I wouldn't know where to install the stick on our TV (or even if our TV is compatable with the Stick). No USB port on our TV (if that's where the Stick goes into). Our TV is ten years old, and we aren't looking to upgrade in the near future. We were streaming Netflix on the Wii, but we want a separate streaming device. If necessary, we'll get a Roku; however the Amazon Stick looks tempting.

Is it available in the stores as well? We will be by Staples tonight.

That said, I wouldn't know where to install the stick on our TV (or even if our TV is compatable with the Stick). No USB port on our TV (if that's where the Stick goes into). Our TV is ten years old, and we aren't looking to upgrade in the near future. We were streaming Netflix on the Wii, but we want a separate streaming device. If necessary, we'll get a Roku; however the Amazon Stick looks tempting.
It needs an HDMI port and also must be plug into a power outlet. It's similar to Chromecast but with fewer available apps. It works well for what I purchased it to do: stream Netflix and Amazon Prime video and Amazon Prime music. My daighter doesn't use the other apps that are available (like Huluplus), but I'm sure that there are reviews on Amazon now that the first wave of orders has been delivered.

ETA: It looks like Staples is out of stock online but you can order for pick up at your local store if they have them. You might want to do that instead.

Thanks for posting this my daughter asked for one last night and amazon is saying Jan 15. I can pick up mine in 2 hours.

I know it was explained above what this is but I still don't understand?
This may be something I get my dd, who is in college and I know watches TV and movies on her computer through Netflix and maybe some other way.
She also has a TV but what is this maybe I should get LOL

I know it was explained above what this is but I still don't understand?
This may be something I get my dd, who is in college and I know watches TV and movies on her computer through Netflix and maybe some other way.
She also has a TV but what is this maybe I should get LOL
It looks like a flash drive but slightly larger and with a HDMI connection instead of a USB connection.

You plug it into one of the HDMI ports on your TV and choose that input port on your television.

The setup walks you through what you need to do to connect to your wi fi and there's a video tutorial on how to work it. You use the provided remote to navigate the screens.

It has apps, somewhat like any smartphone or tablet would have but the menu of apps is not as extensive. Some apps are already loaded while others can be added by going to amazon.com on your computer and "sending" them to the Fire TV Stick linked to your account. Among the apps that are pre-loaded are: Amazon Music, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, HuluPlus and Pandora.

The stick basically turns a "dumb" TV into a "smart" TV with very little in the way of technical know-how. It does have its limitations. For instance, HBO Go is not a supported app. Nor is the Xfinity TV Go app or Dish Anywhere or FIOS Mobile.

Thank you budget board! After reading about this yesterday I checked the in store stock according to Best Buy’s website. It said the only store that still had them was about an hour away. But I had some time to kill while out last night so I swung by a local store and there were about twelve on the shelves at $24.99. Score!

I have found that with major, national retailers their quoted number of in stock in actual stores on their website is often wrong. Their point-of-sale systems do not seem to keep up with the stock numbers on the website very well. So, lessons learned, still check the stores if it is not an inconvenience for you!

got mine yesterday, pretty easy to set up; easier for me to navigate on my Kindle Fire to videos on Prime or Netflix and press the TV screen icon to watch on the TV. I have an Android phone, downloaded the Fire TV Remote app and was using that; you can do some voice commands, pretty cool

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter