Amazing Race - Season 28

I didn't notice a prize for the first place winner either. And I have never seen a non elimination on the first leg, makes me think they decided to give the last place couple another chance. I also was shocked at the two girls willing to take a penalty right off the bat. It was like they had no idea what they signed up for and were willing to quit the challenge out of frustration. It should be interesting how they fair on the rest of the race.

No one annoyed me yet, so that's a good sign.

Yep, never saw a NEL on the first episode before, and no Express Pass, trip, or any other prize to the first place team

It was strange that the teams all started from different locations and (apparently) went right into the first leg. They never really explained the timing and how things were kept "fair." They all then got sort of equalized at the cave site, but maybe the strange start is part of the reason it was a NEL.

It was strange that the teams all started from different locations and (apparently) went right into the first leg. They never really explained the timing and how things were kept "fair." They all then got sort of equalized at the cave site, but maybe the strange start is part of the reason it was a NEL.

DH and I talked about that, we're wondering if they all flew in to larger airports and then left (it looked like 3 planes) at around the same time from those. I thought it was a good way to start, something different anyway. We were also surprised it was a non-elimination round, but I was glad as I hated to see the father/daughter have to leave right away. We like the guys that went to Michigan State, can't remember their names. As a PP mentioned, nobody really stood out as obnoxious or that you want to hate. Not sure I like how some of them kind of "know" each other from videos, etc.

I was a tad disappointed. Didn't like the start, most of the teams annoy me, and the firework detour took forever, it seemed.

The team from Alabama I want off NOW. Idiots. And, the girls....not sure on one's name, but the other is Jessica.

Rooting for the brothers (Cameron & Darius) or Burney and Ashley??

So happy they put Zach guy on. Saw his stuff once but didn't know his name and searching for it but could never find it.

I have never missed a season of AR, but after last night I think I may take a pass on this one. I really couldn't care less about "bloggers" etc. and found them painfully annoying. DH usually watches AR too, and after hearing about the cast wouldn't even watch episode 1!

I was surprised that the winning team didn't get a prize, is Travelocity still a sponsor?

I did notice that they changed things up this season, on the fence on whether I like it or not?

I liked the team that came in second and I also liked that the teams all seemed to root for each other. I'm not a fan of when the teams hate one team and then they are out for blood. (My poor afghanimals, one of my favorite teams, along with the cowboys) ;);)

Looking forward to it as well! 37 weeks pregnant so TV is keeping me company while we wait for baby

Staying inside more than venturing out best in our real Canadian Winters -20C here last night, and that was without figuring in wind chill. :D

Congrats on your pending precious delivery.

They all seem to ALWAYS be ON for the cameras...annoying. Didn't like the start and think it's dumb that it was a non elim. Found it difficult to get into the episode at all. Will watch next week and see if it's any better.

I also thought it was strange that the first team didn't win anything. I hope the teams eventually get so worn out that some of the annoying ones stop performing for the camera. I don't know who any of these people are, so the whole Youtube fame doesn't impress me. (Obviously, I'm not part of the demographic for this edition of the show.) I liked the first round being a non-elimination. It gives the contestants a little chance to get used to the race. I will be surprised if doctor dad/makeup girl daughter last long. Does anybody understand why she would need to leave home as a teenager to become a Youtube makeup star? Can't you shoot those videos anywhere?

Really don't like all the yelling they do. At one time or another they all seem to do it.

Especially the first guy to the band who kept yelling who is faking it , they are not going to tell you dude.

Did I miss it or did they not give a prize to the first couple to come in? First time I have seen a non elimination leg right off the bat.

Can't believe someone wanted to take a penality already too.

That was Brodie Smith. Yeah, not sure what he expected.

So far the only team that was getting on my nerves was the mother & son team. I mean, come on, she's already crying and telling her son how sorry she is for disappointing him? Give me a break lady, you just started, let's save the crying for a little later down the road.

So far the only team that was getting on my nerves was the mother & son team. I mean, come on, she's already crying and telling her son how sorry she is for disappointing him? Give me a break lady, you just started, let's save the crying for a little later down the road.
I would pay a good amount of cash to get rid of the weepy mother and son. They are already on my nerves.

DH started singing the Frito Bandito song while the mariachi musicians were playing.

So all these teams are You Tube or other social media "stars"? I've never of any of them. That might mean I'm hopelessly out of touch, but I prefer to think it means I actually have a life.

[QUOTE="RedAngie, post: 55170421, member: 562453"]DH started singing the Frito Bandito song while the mariachi musicians were playing.

So all these teams are You Tube or other social media "stars"? I've never of any of them. That might mean I'm hopelessly out of touch, but I prefer to think it means I actually have a life.[/QUOTE]

DW & I watched this and I said to her "Funny how long that Fritos jingle stays with you." That jingle started in 1967!:eek:

Tyler & Corey! :thumbsup2 First in tonight.. Marty & Hagen (Mother & Daughter) eliminated unfortunately because they didn't secure a cab :confused3 to get back to the last check point. Cameron & Darius were able to pass them on the road in a cab. They seemed humbled by that happening, and "MAY" not be so sure of themselves from here on in.

The mud.. yuck.. And, certainly helped if you knew the colour of Emerald.

Last edited:
It kills me how poor people are in geography. Have they never heard of Cartagena? The constant mispronounciation:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter