Amazing Race, Family Edition. *Official DiscussionThread*

I couldn't stand the Paolo Family and am glad they are gone. They may love each other but they have no respect for each other IMO. I really can't take the Weavers either and was hoping it was a double elimination so both families could go, oh, well. The Weavers are just so hypocritical and nasty, don't like them at all. Go Linz family, at least they seem to be having a great time and enjoying themselves without getting too serious.

StaceyA said:
I remember her saying it too, but can't remember when....

I do believe it was when they were bailing out the boat. In fact I think they even put her words on the bottom of the screen. It wasn't as back a word as your possibly thinking that starts with f, but close.

skiwee1 said:
I don't see the need to put down those that happen to dislike the Paolas. Do you want to bring yourself down to Paola level? I really don't want to see this thread get closed because of your nasty post. Understand?

Woah, "Understand?"

Who died and made you president? If anyone's post was nasty I think it was yours.

corie161 said:
I do believe it was when they were bailing out the boat. In fact I think they even put her words on the bottom of the screen. It wasn't as back a word as your possibly thinking that starts with f, but close.

The Paolo's are always saying frickin. That is probably what she said.

ladycollector said:
Woah, "Understand?"

Who died and made you president? If anyone's post was nasty I think it was yours.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I didn't think any of your posts were nasty. YOu should see some of the heat way earlier in the thread.

And i do agree--I think they say freakin' or something close. And probably quite a bit. I didn't hear any bleeps...so it most definitely cannot be the bleepable word.

I can't say I grew to actually like the Paulos but I warmed up a little. I just have to say that the way a man treats his mother is usually the way he'll treat his wife. My daughter wouldn't be allowed to go NEAR those boys. :rotfl:

ladycollector said:
Woah, "Understand?"

His post was nasty whether you agree or not. It is a shame that no one can express a differing opinion without getting made snide remarks to. That is obviously what he did and I don't think it was called for.

Lisa loves Pooh said:
:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I didn't think any of your posts were nasty. YOu should see some of the heat way earlier in the thread.

And i do agree--I think they say freakin' or something close. And probably quite a bit. I didn't hear any bleeps...so it most definitely cannot be the bleepable word.

I never said the Ladycollector's post was nasty. I was saying it about Slacker. It just happens that Ladycollector had to put her 2 cents into it. And they didn't say freaking. It's obvious what is said whether some like it or not. The show never bleeps out freaking. The brothers have said freaking before and it went right on through. The mother was definitely saying the other word.

corie161 said:

The times I've heard her say it it was not going across the bottom of the screen. The times I've heard it it was bleeped out but you could tell it was the f word.

Skiwee - what do you think about the Weavers throwing things at the other car? How about calling people retards?

Just interested, since you are a Weaver supporter. I like to see how other people interpret things.

Karel said:
Skiwee - what do you think about the Weavers throwing things at the other car? How about calling people retards?

Just interested, since you are a Weaver supporter. I like to see how other people interpret things.

I don't think it was right that they threw apples at the other car. I think the mother should have stopped them. We are talking about kids though. Unlike some of the adults in the show that I expected more of. I really think the Weavers were hated because at the beginning of the show beause they didn't want to give anything away. The Linz brothers asked them about a flight or something early on and they didn't want to tell them what they knew. From that time on they hated them. I think the kids are acting out now because it isn't like they can go after the supposed adults.

robinb said:
I can't stand the Weavers. They are rude, crude and obnoxious but I do think they are playing a good game. They don't give up and the don't get lost. They are almost always in the middle of the pack, even though there are three kids on the team (hoochie shorts and all). I was impressed that the mom did the go-cart thing. It must have been very difficult for her family to do two race-track related tasks. I was also impressed on how smoothly Rolly did the airplane task. Unfortunately, I think they will be in the final three and they may even win.

I think I will root for the Pink Ladies, although I agree that they can also be annoying. I'm not sure I like the Linz Family because I don't like the dynamics between the 3 brothers and the sister. The boys seem to be pretty chauvinistic and the girl is stuck in that "giving 150%" to bring herself up to their perceived level. I'm also not all that happy with the Bransen Family. The father always seems to be trailing his daughters and they seem to push on without waiting for him. I'm not seeing a lot of love or respect.

ITA with every single thing you said. I was reading through the 10 pages since last night :earseek: and then I was going to post, but you said it all for me :teeth:

MAGICinMYHEART said:
OK I just found the YEILD time 15 minutes...I was watching the video from CBS.com and Linda Weaver was saying she was afraid that the Linz family would try and yeild them, she said "But it's only 15 minutes."

In a past AR, the yeild time has been 3 hours.

On a note other than the debate of the Weavers Christianity and the Paulos "different" way of showing their love to eachother... GO LINZ FAMILY! of course I love this team cuz they are hometown proud Cincinnatians!! The youngest is the roommate of one of my friends at a local University and they seem to be just alike... hilarious, outgoing and living life to have fun. Even if they weren't from Cinci I would be cheering for them. They are out there playing the game, but having fun in the mean time.

It doesn't hurt that they always sport the WHO DEY gear! GO BENGALS!! :cheer2:

we can end this discussion right now ;) , the mother said "frickin". I know this because the rest of the night my boyfriend and I kept repeating the phrase to each other. :rotfl:

I was just wondering, when and if the Weavers get eliminated---
What are you guys going to talk about???
:confused3

Because every page on this thread is full of Weaver-bashing.....

skiwee1 said:
I never said the Ladycollector's post was nasty. I was saying it about Slacker. It just happens that Ladycollector had to put her 2 cents into it. And they didn't say freaking. It's obvious what is said whether some like it or not. The show never bleeps out freaking. The brothers have said freaking before and it went right on through. The mother was definitely saying the other word.

I basically was saying nobody's post was nasty. That what you guys were saying was tame in comparison to some of the other discussions earlier.

After the Janet J' fiasco and a couple of choice f-words on some award shows, CBS is not going to risk a fine by allowing the f-word to be aired. Plain and simple.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter