• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amazing Nicelodeon Hotel Price!!!

piratepresleyrocks

Disney Addict, LMP Road Pirate Newbie
I called and booked Dec 1-3 2006 for the end of our 10 night trip starting Nov 22. We like to hotel hop a bit while we're down there each year and like the variety. To be honest its been YEARS since we've stayed off property and I'm a bit nervous but I saw this resort from the Magical Express bus on our trip just this past October, and I want to give it a try. So anyway back to the deal. When I called I booked a 2 bdrm kids suite for a price of $470.25 for the 2 nights. Which I was happy about since that was less than half the price of the Boardwalk Concierge room I had originally booked and decided I couldn't afford. So I called back just last night to see if we could have Thanksgiving dinner there if we weren't technically guests at that point yet. They told me no. But then this wonderful man informed me that there was a new discount for our room. I was happy and expecting him to come back with maybe $20-30 off. HE CUT OUR PRICE DOWN TO $234 FOR THE 2 NIGHTS!!! Same room, same days $235 cheaper!! I had to do nothing but give him the ok to change our rate in the computer. He sent me a new confirmation with the adjusted price that I'll be sure to have in my hand at check-in. lol! (paranoid) So if anyone else has a reservation for around this time I would call and check. I don't know if this is a normal/good price for this hotel or not. We laugh cause we're so used to just bellying up to Disney's prices we just don't know anymore. :rotfl:

I also wanted to ask if anyone had any suggestions for this resort like good room locations or anything else. Thanks!!

Did you actually call the hotel for this price? I am looking to go the first week in December also and if we could get a rate like that, we'd spend the whole stay there since there is nothing in Disney World open, DVC or non-DVC.

Give me the scoop! :)

Thanks!

No I didn't call about my price at all. Thats what confused me. He just out of the blue asked me if I knew of the discount when he pulled up my reservation. He then asked if I was AAA or any other discount(which I'm not) so at that point I figured the discount would be minimal. But boy was I wrong!! There was nothing else asked of me and the confirmation e-mail states the rate very clearly.

You're right about Disney. Theres nothing to be had for that week anymore. You should call Nickelodeon. 1-800-972-2590 is the number I called the other night and it goes right to their hotel. Some of the other #'s go into Holiday Inn's orlando based reservation line. Thats where I went the first time and I have a feeling my original rate reflected that. When you call I would just tell them that a "friend" of yours was given a rate of $104 a night(pre-tax) for a 2 bdrm kids suite and ask if you can get the same rate. All they can do is say no. I figure why not give it a try at that price. Its even cheaper than All-Stars and having a 2 bedroom is the cherry on top. To be honest, we don't even need that much space (theres only 3 of us) but the rate is so low, why not splurge? If this resort turns out to be as I expect, Disney may be losing out on some of my money. Though this does leave me with an extra $235 for the World of Disney. lol!! :woohoo:

Good luck!! I hope the rate works out for you too!! :thumbsup2

Let me know cause I'm really curious to see what happens :rolleyes1

Just an FYI, The Nick Hotel has FREE shuttles to ALL of the Disney parkss. No paying that exhorbitant parking fee of 9 or 10 dollars.

How do you say there is nothing to be had at DW for that week? I just checked the DW website, and every single hotel comes up with having availability. Is it supposed to be real crowded the first week of Dec? We have ressies for Dec 9-17 and are hoping for lite lite lite crowds.

dec 1-3 are sold out. the taping of parade is happening that weekend.

cheerleaders are arriving.

spiceycat said:

Thanks :thumbsup2 I'm not sure why it happened but I'm thrilled it did. Only 6 more days til we leave!! I have 6 nights @ All-star movies, then 3 nights in a cabin at fort wilderness and then the last 2 over at Nick. I can't wait!!! My christmas tree is already packed and ready to go!! lol!!

Hi! I read about the Nick Hotel's Fall Fun Special somewhere here on the boards. :cheer2: After checking the travel websites, the least expensive rate was $181 a night for 2 bed kidsuite.
You have to call the hotel directly. I was staying 5 nights and we got it at $169 for the 1st 3 nights and then FREE for the last 2 nights. This is during Thanksgiving week (Disney is booked). Apparently Nick Hotel does have more rooms available as I just called last night-Wednes, Nov. 15th.
We always stay at Disney but with 4 growing kids, we now have to get two rooms. We are saving so much money I don't see how I can ever go back to Disney, if this hotel is a good as it sounds. Wilderness Lodge would have been $400+ a night X 5 nights is $2000! I'm spending less than $600! :cool1:

Yep, call the hotel and tell them you want the FALL FUN SPECIAL.

I got three rooms, and the price is insane, in a good way!

THREE NIGHTS

1 King Suite = $258 plus tax
2 Kids Suites = $298 each plus tax

That's under $300 before tax for three nights!!!! I paid over $200 a night last time I went. We took a day off of our Disney stay because of the free night, couldn't pass it up.

Thats awesome!!! :thumbsup2 I'm so glad we found this! A friend of my mother has stayed there and had a great time. I'm expecting it to be wonderful (not Disney :guilty: ) but still wonderful. And the drive between doesn't seem that bad when you look at the map. Sooooo excited!! :woohoo:

Back in April or May I booked Nick from 12/16-12/26 2bdrm kidsuite for $1,700 plus taxes. Then I became worried about spending so much time in a hotel that I was unfamiliar with (and so much $$) , so, without cancelling the Nick, I booked Royal Pacific Resort from 12/16-12/22 at $149 per night and Doubletree at Universal from 12/22-12/26 at $113. DS was very disappointed : :sad1: Thanks to the info about the Fall Special, I just called Nick and booked that, cancelled DT, and will be surprising my DS! :thanks:

This hotel is about a 5 minute drive to Epcot or MGM. You can see DTD from the hotel. It really is so nice and close. You will have a great time, we won't stay anyplace else now, we love it so much! Enjoy!!!!

We are just back from our 4th trip to the Nick since it opened as Nick 2 years ago! WE LOVE THE PLACE!!!! We got the Fall Fun Special which was $149 for the first 2 nites, third nite FREEEEEEEEE. A great deal since when we originally booked this week it was $289 a nite! Nick does lower the rates as the dates get closer so they can sell out...so if you have a ressie, keep on checking. Having been there every six months I was very happy to see that the hotel is doing a FABULOUS job on the upkeep of the place. All suites have been renovated to include Flat screen TVs in the living room in just the last 6 months! Flooring around the pool has been replaced, everything newly painted. The safety staff around the pool is like non I have ever seen...AMAZINGLY on top of things and super friendly. My recommendation on a room would be building 6 or 7. My kids are 9 & 11 and so we like first floor so they can go to the pool area to play mini golf, basketball and pool (all freeeeeeee) easily. But any floor on 6 or 7 is great location as you are close to the "mall" and the main pool. Call in advance and they will note your request...also ask for pool view. You will want to have at least one full day at the pool without going to a park. There are waterslides like a waterpark in addition to the other things I mentioned. Also 3 or 4 "nickelodeon shows" daily at pool side where they pick kids out of the pool to participate and get slimed. There are also Family shows at nite for free, and karaoke. They pick the families for the shows at nite during the day before 2:30 p.m. The game room is VERY AWESOME no matter what the ages of your kids..have extra $ for that! LOL. The buffet dinner is very good quality, and reasonable. The breakfast is okay, nothing really great, but super cheap as kids eat free and you can get all the basics. The character breakfast is a step up, and more $ obviously. They do "dive in" movies poolside on friday nites..very fun! It is very self contained..you will not want to do a disney park unless you are here for multiple days...We always split our stay and dont leave the premises while here, then stay at Swan and do disney those days. The rooms are mini suites...not huge, but 3 separate rooms with 3 separate TVs LOL. Microwaver, refridgerator in the living room/kitchenette...also a pull out couch in addition to the master bedroom with bed, TV, Vanity and closet.
Kids room is mini size..bunk beds or twins, no door, just a curtain..but also a TV and table and chairs. We have been to Disney 2 times a year for the past 10 years, and the Swan is our place. We have also stayed Animal Kingdom (liked it), Wilderness Lodge (liked it), Carribean Beach (hated it). Nick is not anything like the Swan...but we love it just the same cuz its so FUN! Any questions...I would be happy to share! HAVE A GREAT TIME! :yay:

I'm transferring from RPR to Nick for 3 nights. What's a good time (not too busy) to check in to Nick? Should I go early, like 11 or 12 and use the pool while waiting for the room, or should I leave my luggage at RPR until the park closes at 6 and go then?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter