Amazing Experience with DL Cast Member!!!

LeilahandAidanMom

Earning My Ears
So, I'm not sure how often this happens, but thought I would share...

On our first full day/night at DLR, we were waiting in line at the Storybook Canals when my very social and chatty 5 yr old son struck up a conversation with the Cast Member managing the line up. After about 5 or 6 minutes of chatting, the Cast Member (her name was Amber) told our son that when we were finished on the Storybook Canal ride, she would take us to any ride in Fantasyland that we wanted and get us on without having to wait in line.

At first I wasn't sure she was serious, but sure enough, after our ride, she asked our son where he wanted to go and took us through the exits to Dumbo, Peter Pan, Teacups, and Casey Jr., which was our last ride b/c the park was closing in 10 minutes. After the rides she gave our son an "Honorary Citizen of Disneyland" pin.

What an amazing end to our first day in DL! Has this happened to anyone else before? Does this happen often?

Just thought I would share our truly magical experience! :)

Wow, that's pretty good!

Amber must have taken a shine to your little one! :goodvibes

Points to tag, I know as each time I go I see and feel the magic.

Thank you so very very much as it shows the truth about cast members and how the magic of Disney lies in the hearts of the CMs.:thumbsup2:wizard::grouphug:

This is so wonderful! I hadn't actually heard any stories like this since the Year of a Million Dreams ended. :goodvibes

My 3 yr old at the time had a birthday button on we got done with snow white the CM at the exit asked what we wanted to do next.

My daughter said she wanted to ride peter pan so the cm took us to the exit of peter pan and we got right on.

It really only takes something so small to make the trip magical :)

I always make a note of who, where and when and then stop by City Hall to let them know how special that CM is. It only takes a few minutes.

Jack

What a wonderful moment for you and your family. Fun! Thanks for sharing - always nice to hear about the special things cast members spring on others!

I always make a note of who, where and when and then stop by City Hall to let them know how special that CM is. It only takes a few minutes.

Jack

That would have been a great idea.

I told my husband the other day that I wanted to send an email or letter to someone at Disneyland about Amber. I wish I would've thought to stop at City Hall.

Does anyone know another way to send my appreciation message, and know that it will get to the right people and not into an email black hole to nowhere?

That would have been a great idea.

I told my husband the other day that I wanted to send an email or letter to someone at Disneyland about Amber. I wish I would've thought to stop at City Hall.

Does anyone know another way to send my appreciation message, and know that it will get to the right people and not into an email black hole to nowhere?

Its hard to get things through CMs now and days, but you may try to mail in a personally written letter, and after going through many hands, it MIGHT just reach the CM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter