Which specialty did you apply for?

• Walt Disney World

• Disneyland

• runDisney

• Disney Vacation Club

• Disney Cruise Line

• ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex

Results are only viewable after voting.
you are not alone! I'm glad it's done but just can't stop rethinking.... Luckily we can share that with each other. I am trying not to talk about it at home-- the kids and my husband think this is so cool an of course they will pick me. I know they don't realize how many tremendous disney moms and dads there are out there. Each of us should make it! Could you imagine that training trip with everyone we are getting to know on this board and on FB. I'm feeling lucky to be on this ride! :)

I know how you feel! I am trying to keep it low key at home, heck I didn't even tell them I was applying till I made R2! I'm not sure who will be more upset if I don't make R3, them or me... :scared:

I'm afraid to read everyone else's answers, for fear it will just get me freaking out about my own! lol
Do you think we could all post the questions we had to answer once midnight hits? Not with our answers, I'm just curious. I applied for DCL, so I know mine were different than WDW for example. And, share the word counts...I've been hearing a LOT about that, but am not in the "loop"! lol

I never got an email confirmation either, just the confirmation page, like you did.

Congrats on finishing!! Brief moment of breathing and now the waiting begins anew.

I'm confident that they received my round 2 answers because of the confirmation page. It's pretty much the same page that I saw after applying in round 1 and I made it through to the next round. :thumbsup2

While we are waiting let's resume the daily questions. (At least if I am typing I won't be chewing on my fingernails.;) I have promised myself a Minnie Mouse Manicure if I get on the Panel.)

I don't think it's inappropriate for everyone to post their answer to the question:

In 100 words or less, tell us a little about you.

I assume all specialties got this question. If you don't feel comfortable posting the answer until the application site has closed that is completely understandable.

I don't mind sharing since this is one question that will be uniquely my own! Lol. I will say it was probably one of, if not the, hardest question for me! :upsidedow I was worried I would sound too busy to take on the role of WDW Mom, and I didn't want to flood it with my love of Disney, so this is what I ended up with...

"First and foremost I am a mom, Navy wife, but I am known to wear other hats. My children are homeschooled, so on school days I put on my teacher hat, well it’s more like a helmet, and in the evening I can be found on my computer with my student hat on trying to earn my degree. I am a planner of just about anything and everything, and make lists like no other. "

I was worried I would sound too busy to take on the role of WDW Mom, and I didn't want to flood it with my love of Disney, so this is what I ended up with...

I feel the same way. Here's mine:

One word to describe me would be SPORTY. I was raised in Maine before moving to Indiana to major in Sport Management at Indiana State University. Whether it’s watching my 14-year-old daughter play volleyball, softball or basketball, being the pseudo-Mom to nine other equally rambunctious 14-year-olds or coaching softball in the local Little League, I am usually found at some type of athletic facility. When I am not being a team mom, I am the treasurer for the Little League, a Jazzercise instructor and I support my Disney habit as the Business Sales & Incentive Coordinator for a community bank.

It sounds like I don't have a minute to myself but I am really not as busy as this makes me sound. :confused3

I was cleaning out my emails today and found an e-mail from the Mom's Panel letting me know I made it to the second round!!!

But the deadline to complete the application and video is tonight. I need to get working on this. I never expected it since I have been applying since the first time this panel was created. I am beside myself right now.

I was cleaning out my emails today and found an e-mail from the Mom's Panel letting me know I made it to the second round!!!

But the deadline to complete the application and video is tonight. I need to get working on this. I never expected it since I have been applying since the first time this panel was created. I am beside myself right now.

Congratulations!!!! What specialty did you apply for?

Oh gosh, Misty! Just relax and breathe! lol
There are a few people who are in WDW this week who also got the R2 email, and they took their videos while on vacation. :)
Good luck~

Congrats!!!

Oh gosh, Misty! Just relax and breathe! lol
There are a few people who are in WDW this week who also got the R2 email, and they took their videos while on vacation. :)
Good luck~

That is good to know because I am completely freaking out right now. I have a toddler at home so I am waiting for her nap to try and focus on the application. Then hopefully I can get that portion done before my older kids get home from school. Then when they are all in bed I plan to film my video and hopefully get it all submitted before the deadline.

Congrats!!!

Thank you!!!!

I did it. I hit sibmit, saw the green dot and got my confirmation. Yay!!

Here's a question... On the application I got the red squggly lines under misspelled words. Is that how they find misspellings when they review? I ask because the words that were misspelled weren't wrong, they were Disney. IE: Adventureland, Monstropolous, Soarin', etc. Hope they don't hold it against me.

Happy Thursday, everyone!

That is good to know because I am completely freaking out right now. I have a toddler at home so I am waiting for her nap to try and focus on the application. Then hopefully I can get that portion done before my older kids get home from school. Then when they are all in bed I plan to film my video and hopefully get it all submitted before the deadline.

Thank you!!!!

You got this! Happy to see a fellow Central New Yorker here!

I did it. I hit sibmit, saw the green dot and got my confirmation. Yay!!

Here's a question... On the application I got the red squggly lines under misspelled words. Is that how they find misspellings when they review? I ask because the words that were misspelled weren't wrong, they were Disney. IE: Adventureland, Monstropolous, Soarin', etc. Hope they don't hold it against me.

Happy Thursday, everyone!

I thought that was strange too. When I saw that I purposely misspelled a common word and it corrected it!!!

Hi guys I was just posting (a bit late) to say I'm through to round 2!

I'm Danielle, from the UK, about to submit my application now but not holding out too much hope as I've got a really bad cold and so my video is awful! Never mind :)

Good luck to everyone though, I hope some of you guys get on to the panel :)

"First and foremost I am a mom, Navy wife, but I am known to wear other hats. My children are homeschooled, so on school days I put on my teacher hat, well it’s more like a helmet, and in the evening I can be found on my computer with my student hat on trying to earn my degree. I am a planner of just about anything and everything, and make lists like no other. "

I feel the same way. Here's mine:

One word to describe me would be SPORTY. I was raised in Maine before moving to Indiana to major in Sport Management at Indiana State University. Whether it’s watching my 14-year-old daughter play volleyball, softball or basketball, being the pseudo-Mom to nine other equally rambunctious 14-year-olds or coaching softball in the local Little League, I am usually found at some type of athletic facility. When I am not being a team mom, I am the treasurer for the Little League, a Jazzercise instructor and I support my Disney habit as the Business Sales & Incentive Coordinator for a community bank.

Those are great! :cool1:

It's not my day...

Saved video in quicktime. Thought it was mov format. It emailed as mov but in my documents it have m4v extension.

I tweeted Gary but I am freaking out!!!!!

Tech gurus? Thoughts.

TIA!

Same boat but less sleep! Lol. But the last question... Agggghhhh It will come. :)

I finally got mine. :-) now just need the video.

I only got about 4 hours sleep on Tues night so I was a wreck yesterday. But I got about 8 last night. Though I was still awake at 4:30am with questions running through my head.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter