Which specialty did you apply for?

• Walt Disney World

• Disneyland

• runDisney

• Disney Vacation Club

• Disney Cruise Line

• ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex

Results are only viewable after voting.
I finished everything and submitted it all around midnight last night/this morning. It immediately showed me a Confirmation page. However, it mentions an email confirmation that I should be getting. I never got one (yes, spam checked). How long does that take to receive? I know some of you had gotten one very quickly. Stressing this last bit...

In round 1 I got it immediately. I haven't submitted round 2 yet but I'm assuming the same. Some people that had gmail mentioned looking in a promotions folder. Hope that helps.

MDennis2 another thing you could do is tweet @Gary_jerry & confirm that he received it. :)

I finished everything and submitted it all around midnight last night/this morning. It immediately showed me a Confirmation page. However, it mentions an email confirmation that I should be getting. I never got one (yes, spam checked). How long does that take to receive? I know some of you had gotten one very quickly. Stressing this last bit...

I got mine before I even had a chance to take a screen shot of the confirmation page. You could try what PP said and tweet @Gary_Jerry...

Does anyone have any idea what Round 3 is like? I know it is a phone interview, but any other details? I'm being optimistic!!

The other thing you could try is logging into the site again. If it took your application it will tell you something along the lines of "our records indicate you have already applied." I didn't get a confirmation for round 1. When I tried to log in again I got the message I had already applied. My situation was a bit strange. It turned out my husband checked something on our DVC account earlier in the day and when I went to the Moms Panel site it automatically logged me in under HIS information and account. He wound up getting the confirmation email. oops...

Just wanted to wish everyone good luck with round 2...hope to be joining in the R2 fun next year.

I'd also like the link to the fb page if possible.

I made it to round 2 and was doing some research on the web. I found a blog of a former person on the panel. They said not to use a word processor to cut and paste answers into the form because coding etc. can get messed up. It may not be readable. Did anyone do this? I typed all of my answers into the actual form to make sure I had the right number of words. Then I cut them out and put them in a word document until I was finished all of them. I went back in and placed them into the form. Hope Disney can read them....

I made it to round 2 and was doing some research on the web. I found a blog of a former person on the panel. They said not to use a word processor to cut and paste answers into the form because coding etc. can get messed up. It may not be readable. Did anyone do this? I typed all of my answers into the actual form to make sure I had the right number of words. Then I cut them out and put them in a word document until I was finished all of them. I went back in and placed them into the form. Hope Disney can read them....

You cut and pasted them from word to the MP form? I hope it all works out for you, but it did say on the top of the form not to cut/copy and paste your answers. :worried: Not sure how if it makes a big difference...

I always work on my answers in word so I can save them and come back to them. Then when I'm ready to submit I re-type the answers into the form.

MDennis2 another thing you could do is tweet @Gary_jerry & confirm that he received it. :)

Is there another way to contact him? I don't tweet. ;-) Thank you so much for your help and encouragement! (Just checked and still no email...).

I've read that and heard that. It also says that at the start of the application. It supposedly scrambles and parses it so it is literally illegible gibberish.
I don't know.
Has anyone gotten to round two after copying and pasting their round one answers?

You cut and pasted them from word to the MP form? I hope it all works out for you, but it did say on the top of the form not to cut/copy and paste your answers. :worried: Not sure how if it makes a big difference...

I did. I guess I'll know in a few days.

I've read that and heard that. It also says that at the start of the application. It supposedly scrambles and parses it so it is literally illegible gibberish.
I don't know.
Has anyone gotten to round two after copying and pasting their round one answers?

That doesn't sound good. :sad2:

I did. I guess I'll know in a few days.

Hopefully it will all work out for you! pixiedust:

I did. I copied and pasted from MS Word 2010 directly into the form. However, I am not going to press my luck again. I will retype them in the form, copy and paste it back out to Word to make sure I didn't type something wrong, make any corrections in the form then submit.

Time to get to it! Working on my essay questions now... I plan to have those done today and do 1 more take of the video tomorrow. I also think about two weeks or so until we all hear about Round 3. Personally, I think there are probably people going over the ones that have already been submitted right now! I can't see them waiting until they have them all to get started. Do you think a bunch of people go through a stack of entries and separate them into "No" "Maybe" and "Yes" to trim down the numbers even more, then all get together and go over the "Yes" and "Maybe" before finalizing R3?

Yes, that's exactly how I envision it.

Finished and submitted last night-- busy with choir tonight and kids tomorrow so had to get it done. Loved the questions, not thrilled with the video. I ended up just shooting a selfie on my iPad :). Really hoping they don't judge tech skills. I'm glad it's done and hope the next couple weeks go quickly. Good luck to those still working. Have fun with it!

I watched the list of old videos someone posted here. The one that made it on the panel had low volume and wind noise. But she just screamed authenticity. They're totally not looking at our video tech skills.

Unfortunately Word has embedded characters that you can't see. If you cut and paste from word those invisible characters can end up in your answers. Those characters will wreak havoc with a web form like this one and can make your answers unreadable.

Also for the record it us fine to cut and paste if you're using an editor with no embedded symbols. But then, if you're techie enough to have one of those handy, you probably already know that.

I've been using Evernote for my Word counts and edits. It's probably save but I'm still going to type manually. Not taking any chances.

Went ahead and emailed Gary. Hoping to get a response soon. If I need to fix something, I am happy to do it. Just don't want to be out due to a technicality!

Can I just say, this group is the best! We all want the same few slots and yet everyone is so kind, thoughtful and encouraging. Disney brings the best people together!! Pixie Dust to us all!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter