• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amazing Adventures of the 2014 Disney Parks Moms Panel Search

Which specialty did you apply for?

• Walt Disney World

• Disneyland

• runDisney

• Disney Vacation Club

• Disney Cruise Line

• ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex

Results are only viewable after voting.
Answering these questions and making the video are a piece if cake! It's my new windows 8 that's giving me trouble! I haven't the slightest clue how to find my files and attach them to the application. Frustrating!

Video is done and questions are too, but I want to sleep on it:) I think the video is as good as it gets. I kinda wish I smiled a bit more, but smiling the entire time would make me look like a creepy cat lady, and that's no good either...:sad2:

I am so thankful for my hubby. He helped me film probably 25 takes, and kept me laughing. Even if this is the end of the road for me, I need to remember how truly blessed I am.

I finished all my written questions today and jotted down talking points for the video. Tomorrow I plan to record the video and type my questions in the form.

Anyone know from years past when the Round 3 emails go out?

I stayed up late and got up early to get my questions squared away. They're all now under the word limit and I'm happy with most of them. And sleep is overrated anyway.

My video script is still probably too long but I'll need to test it. Planning to film the video and upload everything tonight.

Finished my video and all but one of my essays yesterday afternoon. (Hoping the viewers excuse my kids noise in the background!)

Video is done and questions are too, but I want to sleep on it:) I think the video is as good as it gets. I kinda wish I smiled a bit more, but smiling the entire time would make me look like a creepy cat lady, and that's no good either...:sad2:

I am so thankful for my hubby. He helped me film probably 25 takes, and kept me laughing. Even if this is the end of the road for me, I need to remember how truly blessed I am.

In the same boat as you. I finally smiled at the end & wish I would have blinked more. I didn't know what to go with my hands either. Thank goodness for the hubby! I'll submit tonight when he can watch the baby.

I finished all my written questions today and jotted down talking points for the video. Tomorrow I plan to record the video and type my questions in the form. Anyone know from years past when the Round 3 emails go out?
I'm thinking it was much faster than first round. Like a week or two? Keep in mind they may still be trying to get in a third round by November 11.

Finally going to work on my Video today… But this week couldn't be more crazy for our family! Maybe that will work to my advantage, since I literally just don't have as much time to sit around and worry! :confused3

Finally going to work on my Video today… But this week couldn't be more crazy for our family! Maybe that will work to my advantage, since I literally just don't have as much time to sit around and worry! :confused3

Me too. DS's birthday is today among other things. And we finally got the rundown on our reorg.

I'm running on about four hours of actual sleep. I kept getting back up to tweak answers.

I'm determined to finish tonight so I can sleep. And pack. 8 days!!!

Time to get to it! Working on my essay questions now... I plan to have those done today and do 1 more take of the video tomorrow. I also think about two weeks or so until we all hear about Round 3. Personally, I think there are probably people going over the ones that have already been submitted right now! I can't see them waiting until they have them all to get started. Do you think a bunch of people go through a stack of entries and separate them into "No" "Maybe" and "Yes" to trim down the numbers even more, then all get together and go over the "Yes" and "Maybe" before finalizing R3?

The essays are written and mostly edited. The video is filmed and I somehow managed to time my wracking coughs between takes. All I have left is to put on the finishing touches and submit it. Whew, this is exhausing!

Good luck to everyone who is still in it with me. party:

mjaclyn said:
Time to get to it! Working on my essay questions now... I plan to have those done today and do 1 more take of the video tomorrow. I also think about two weeks or so until we all hear about Round 3. Personally, I think there are probably people going over the ones that have already been submitted right now! I can't see them waiting until they have them all to get started. Do you think a bunch of people go through a stack of entries and separate them into "No" "Maybe" and "Yes" to trim down the numbers even more, then all get together and go over the "Yes" and "Maybe" before finalizing R3?

I've been wondering that myself. I'm sure they have this process down to a science. They must have to pick out the ones they know for sure and then go over the "maybe" pile again at the end to get it to the number they want. If they take 50 to round 3, I'd hate to be the 51st best application. :(

As an English teacher and someone who evaluates writing daily, I would be so interested in the process they use to choose the panelists. That sounds like the best job ever...reading all of these entries. Compared to the stack of Of Mice and Men essays staring at me right now, reading these would be so fun!

Finished and submitted last night-- busy with choir tonight and kids tomorrow so had to get it done. Loved the questions, not thrilled with the video. I ended up just shooting a selfie on my iPad :). Really hoping they don't judge tech skills.
I'm glad it's done and hope the next couple weeks go quickly. Good luck to those still working. Have fun with it!

Seems like the thread traffic has slowed down! I guess everyone is busy working on their responses, and some discussion has moved over to facebook.

I submitted last night. I encountered a glitch in compressing my video but I was determined to get it done and submit so it will be behind me.

I'm trying to remind myself that this is the best kind of anxiety to have. I'm so fortunate that I am in the position to even apply!

I leave on Friday for a weekend at Food & Wine with DH! Super excited to attend Party for the Senses again on Saturday night!

Good luck to all!

This question was posted on the facebook page, and I thought it was such a great question for the Dis! :thumbsup2

Question: We've seen the Moms Panel add specialties over the last couple of years. What other specialties do you think would be an asset to the current panel?

This question was posted on the facebook page, and I thought it was such a great question for the Dis! :thumbsup2 Question: We've seen the Moms Panel add specialties over the last couple of years. What other specialties do you think would be an asset to the current panel?

Special situations (dietary, physical disabilities, large families, etc.)

I finished everything and submitted it all around midnight last night/this morning. It immediately showed me a Confirmation page. However, it mentions an email confirmation that I should be getting. I never got one (yes, spam checked). How long does that take to receive? I know some of you had gotten one very quickly. Stressing this last bit...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter