Which specialty did you apply for?

• Walt Disney World

• Disneyland

• runDisney

• Disney Vacation Club

• Disney Cruise Line

• ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm only nervous about the technical side of the video. I plan on filming on my iPhone, however, I have never uploaded a video from my iPhone to the computer. Someone please tell me this is easy! I am currently importing all of my pics and videos from my iPhone to my new laptop. After that is finished, I'm clueless!

This was the hardest part for me last year too. I ended up emailing it to myself from my phone, so it would tell me the size of the file. (I'm sure there is an easier way, but that's how I knew.) There is a limit to the size along with the time limit, so I had to remove the automatic HD filming, etc. to make it the right size. Again, someone more technical may know better ways to do it, but it worked.

Wow! After a busy Sunday (I work for a church, so it's a full day for me!) I had to read several pages to catch up with today's posts!

What and where is your church. My husband and I both work for first baptist concord in knoxville, tn. We understand the craziness of Sunday mornings. Ha ha ha

What and where is your church. My husband and I both work for first baptist concord in knoxville, tn. We understand the craziness of Sunday mornings. Ha ha ha

I work for Central United Methodist in Canton, NC. Not too far from you in the NC mountains! Hope you all had a great Sunday!

I just created a twitter account. Please don't laugh (too hard) at me as I attempt to navigate the foreign world of twitter, tweets and hashtags. :thumbsup2 @madame_carlotta.

I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

I feel the same way...I hope I know what I'm doing. :worried:

Is anyone else getting nervous about tomorrow? Maybe it is because this is my first time making it to round 2 but I am starting to get those butterflies again.

Yes!

...and is anyone nervous about the video? I'm not a front and center person - but I'd bark like a dog and hop on one leg for the chance to advance! :dogdance::rotfl:

This was the hardest part for me last year too. I ended up emailing it to myself from my phone, so it would tell me the size of the file. (I'm sure there is an easier way, but that's how I knew.) There is a limit to the size along with the time limit, so I had to remove the automatic HD filming, etc. to make it the right size. Again, someone more technical may know better ways to do it, but it worked.

I've been playing around with taking and emailing videos all weekend. My iphone won't let me email a 60 second video. I can only send a 54 second one. Maybe that's all I'll need?! I guess once the video has been emailed, I can open it on the laptop and save the file. Then once I log on to the round 2 site I guess you just browse and attach the file like any other attachment. Am I thinking correctly?:confused:

I've thought about becoming one but haven't taken the plunge just yet!

It's a big decision but WELL worth it. We can always use awesome new instructors!!!

Maybe we will get to Jazz together in Disney!!!

Third time's a charm for me! Made it to round 2 finally for WDW!!

My twitter handle is @MadScientistAmy :)

Good luck to everyone!!

I'm @GertieTheDino89 on Twitter!

When I have some time later this evening, I'll add everyone's Twitter handles next to their names in the first post. :goodvibes

Less than 24 hours until we know our next set of questions!
I'm @disneygals on twitter Thanks Gertie-so much fun discovering how many of you I've known from FB and/or here and now have finally connected the dots!

Hello all, I have been following this thread to this point and finally decided to contribute. I have made it to round two (yippee) and I applied for the WDW specialty. I am in Pensacola, Florida. I am an Army wife, my real name is Crystal and my twitter handle is cclcconnors. For those worried about the technical parts of the video, and are without help there are many programs on most computers that record, and then there are no worries in attempting to transfer or email a video. If this is not an option you can also take short clips with your phone and email them to yourself and use a program such as (imovie) to merge them together. If that is an option. I have tried to remain calm and not get too excited, but after I moved on to round 2, I cannot help it but to be excited. I cannot stop thinking about the real possibilities of becoming a Disney Mom’s Panelist and becoming a part of a company that I truly believe in. I know the odds are not in my favor, but of all the hats I wear, roles I play, jobs I perform (mom, army wife, psychologist, student, etc.) the one that I am confident I would be great at would be a Disney Mom’s Panelist. Wishing everyone luck tomorrow. Comcast club hang in there “even though you can’t see it, doesn’'t mean you can’t believe it” "A Nightmare before Christmas" Prayers for patience and peace as you continue to wait. Good luck everyone, thanks for all the wonderful support.

I'm only nervous about the technical side of the video. I plan on filming on my iPhone, however, I have never uploaded a video from my iPhone to the computer. Someone please tell me this is easy! I am currently importing all of my pics and videos from my iPhone to my new laptop. After that is finished, I'm clueless!

I did my video last year on my iPhone, and it was a breeze to transfer it to my computer. I will import just like your photos! And, if you you still need help, there are plenty of tutorials online, or you can PM me and I can try to step you through!

Good luck!

Today's the big day! Looking forward to getting a look at those questions and the video topic. Now the real work begins!

Ok now, don't laugh, but my Twitter handle is...@kathyk671. Yeah, yeah, same as my DIS username. Been on Twitter for years, actually, and I just joined DIS this weekend & couldn't come up with something better on the spot. Genius, right? :teacher:

Good luck gang!

uccats97 said:
I've been playing around with taking and emailing videos all weekend. My iphone won't let me email a 60 second video. I can only send a 54 second one. Maybe that's all I'll need?! I guess once the video has been emailed, I can open it on the laptop and save the file. Then once I log on to the round 2 site I guess you just browse and attach the file like any other attachment. Am I thinking correctly?:confused:

Yes. That's what I did last year. Good luck!

Now that its Monday I'm getting nervous about making a video. I don't think I will be able to look at the questions at 3. We have someone coming to fix our furnace at that time. It won't come on and the lows are supposed to be in the 30's later this week.

Adding people to my follows on twitter. If anyone wants to follow me, I'm @michigansahd

hey Guys, My first post on the boards. I am 140JustinC on twitter and am advancing to round 2 :) I am pretty nervous about the video but am very confident in my abilities producing it :) Good luck all!

DH works nights and I work days, so I guess my video will be a selfie. Pretty sure that it will come out OK using either my iPhone or my iPad.

On another note, the Disney Vera Bradley bags are at the Disney Store online today. I missed getting one at WDW when I was there a few weeks ago because they were all sold out. Ordered mine bright and early at 5:30 this morning. Did not want to miss out again.

I did my video last year on my iPhone, and it was a breeze to transfer it to my computer. I will import just like your photos! And, if you you still need help, there are plenty of tutorials online, or you can PM me and I can try to step you through!

Good luck!

I might take you up on that! I noticed the file size of the email clip of 54 seconds is less than 7mb in the email attachment. When I transferred the same video to the computer and looked at the file size under properties it was 60mb. How does that work? I'm gonna be a techie by the end of the week! :)

I might take you up on that! I noticed the file size of the email clip of 54 seconds is less than 7mb in the email attachment. When I transferred the same video to the computer and looked at the file size under properties it was 60mb. How does that work? I'm gonna be a techie by the end of the week! :)

When you email it, it gets compressed. My video file was too large last year, so I emailed it to myself and then downloaded it to the computer.

Updates from Gary:

To #DisneyMP applicant guests, if you did not receive an email b/c of the ISP block, we're still working on it. However, we may not get the emails unblocked by the ISP before 3 pm. You can try to login to the site if you like, but we're hoping for a resolution. We're still working hard on it, w/ 6 hours to countdown before #DisneyMP Rnd 2 site opens. Mickey is keeping 2 of his 4 fingers crossed.

Got my haircut today. Figured that I needed to look well groomed for my video. Anyone else cutting or coloring their hair in preparation of your moment on camera?

I went on Saturday. Told my husband that he couldn't complain, it was for my video. Glad I am not the only one thinking about my hair....:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter