Which specialty did you apply for?

• Walt Disney World

• Disneyland

• runDisney

• Disney Vacation Club

• Disney Cruise Line

• ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think this year I'm the most excited I've ever been to see who makes it into the panel. After being around the boards, twitter and Facebook I feel like I "know" a lot more of the Round 2ers than I have in the past. It makes it super exciting to be sharing this with (and also rooting for) people you know. :-)

This whole process is also really special to me in particular because it is what created our podcast. It's made up of fellow hopefuls and it's been so much fun to get to know those of you who have volunteered your time and talents in getting that going. Now it's almost been an entire year!! Craziness!

I'm so happy that you moved on, Marcy! I'm crossing my fingers that this is your year! I think you have your own chEARing section with those of us you've given the honor of being guests on the podcast. Thank you!

I also noticed the demographics are mostly from the South, maybe a few from the Midwest, so also wondering why not a larger representation from the Midwest (where I'm from.)

I have never been able to figure out the ryhme or reason for what the Mom's Panel is looking for. I know that everyone on this board is qualified and deserving, yet a majority do not make it through. :confused3

I've wondered about the demographics too. While there have been a few panelists from the New England area, I agree that a majority seem to be from the South. I wonder if it could be that they have more experience helping others with planning since it's easier to travel to Orlando for those people. When I talk to people who are planning trips, it's usually once in a lifetime or once every few years since it's so expensive and/or it takes a couple of days to drive down to Florida.

I'm really hoping that the Comcast issue gets resolved for you all still waiting! :grouphug:

arbolita, could you please add that my specialty is WDW? Thank you for making the list!

Kelly

I sincerely hope they get the Comcast issue resolved today. Otherwise, I hope they have a separate way to notify those who have made it to Round 2. If they don't get it resolved, they may need to delay the process to be fair, so it affects all of us.

Does anyone know if anyone with a Comcast email received their notice? 250 seemed like a small number if they had over 10K submitting to Round 1. I use gmail but it seems like a lot more folks would have a Comcast address.

I have been pondering this too. There are also likely applicants who are not as obsessed or that do not follow a lot of social media. They might not even know their email is delayed, and therefore will not log in on Monday. I am hoping they can send individual messages to those that made R2? Otherwise they may put the rest of us on hold too.

Hi Everyone !!!! I am really excited about making it to round 2 !!! It is my first time entering and trying - so I am feeling really honored :angel:
I feel bad, though, too, because my mom had also entered for this year & was sent a 'Thank you, but no thank you' letter ... and she is the one that called me at work to tell me to enter.

I read these posts and I am in awe of the knowledge and passion that you all posses, and I hope that the judging panel can see that I, too, have a 'gift' for sharing my Disney knowledge, passion, and love of the Mouse! :thumbsup2

Wishing everyone who has made it thru to round 2 the best of luck !!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Cheering us all on as we progress to the next round !!!

I believe the plan is to extend the deadline for those comcast guests who have not received their email. Which is perfectly fair.

I believe the plan is to extend the deadline for those comcast guests who have not received their email. Which is perfectly fair.

I agree. I would hate it if I was relying on the email & never received it. Gary & his crew are doing the best they can to treat everyone fairly.
Btw...I'm @clarky1985 :)

Has anyone heard how many applicants they've put through to round 2 ? (it would be amazing to know how many applied to begin with, too!!)

Just curious !! :yay::yay::yay:

Has anyone heard how many applicants they've put through to round 2 ? (it would be amazing to know how many applied to begin with, too!!)

Just curious !! :yay::yay::yay:

No one knows! It's fun to speculate though!

I'm HeatherKeck14 (I think) on Twitter. Just rejoined...got hacked before and just shut down the whole thing.

From what I've read this morning on this thread, it seems like many of us are part of the twitterverse - please share your twitter handle and I will follow you! Keep smiling! It is almost Monday! :faint:
I'm tltorrez on Twitter.

I should add that I tweet a lot mostly about Disney or scrapbooking.

I'm @pixiedustmama on twitter! See you there. I'm still waiting. Comcast. I wish there was an alternate way for them to contact us. Oh well it will all get resolved soon enough. Have a great Sunday!

Hmmmm... my moms email address is a 'comcast' email and her 'rejection' letter made it to her on Friday at @3pm EST.

I hope they are able to resolve this for all involved - that didn't receive anything to their 'Comcast' accounts.

Much 'Disney' Love,

I am @AlohaStitch on twitter! Very excited to apart of this next journey. Good luck and sending loads of pixie dust!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter