• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amazing Adventures of the 2014 Disney Parks Moms Panel Search

Which specialty did you apply for?

• Walt Disney World

• Disneyland

• runDisney

• Disney Vacation Club

• Disney Cruise Line

• ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex

Results are only viewable after voting.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am in tears!!! For the first time, after 4 years of applying, I have finally made it to Round 2! Total and utter shock after logging in on Monday and not seeing anything. Best wishes to the rest of you still waiting!!!

Me too! I'm Brenda from Missouri and it's my first time making it to round 2! I applied for WDW.

I saw my email yesterday after waking up from Anesthesia after a "routine scope". Boy did I have the most pleasant dreams all afternoon and night!

I'm so excited for Monday!!! Good lucky everyone who made Round 2, and hugs for the rest of us.

Brenda

I'm so happy to have found this board. Even though I didn't make it this year, I'm already thinking about next year (and I know I'm not the only one). ;)

I'm sitting here thinking about how I answered the questions, and I'm realizing that I tried too hard to be what I 'thought' they were looking for. Sometimes I think we innately change who we are, thinking that we'll have a better chance if we sound or look a different way. Maybe just being ourselves is what we need to do in the future, not trying to be someone that we think we should be. Maybe if I had been short and sweet with my answers instead of elaborating so much I would have had a better chance. Who knows? What I'm trying to say is be yourself. Maybe YOU are exactly what they are looking for - not the version of you that you think they want. :)

Best of luck to those of you moving forward!!!

THANK YOU!!!!! I checked the promotions tab & I made it!!!!!!!!! This is my first time applying so I can't believe I got it!!!!!!!!! I am so freaking out right now:cool1:

Congratulations! Pixie dust delayed is even more special! pixiedust: Worth waiting for! Glad DIS friends were able to help you find your magical news!:banana:

I officially had my first weird Moms Panel dream!

I went to work and told one of the managers about the panel and that I'd made it to round 2. He said he knew what the panel was, and that, several years ago, the company had been offered a "corporate membership" to be in the panel, but no one had ever been interested in it, so they never used it. He said it was probably still good, and that if I didn't make it on my own I could still be on the panel by using the corporate membership. He then gave me a "Moms Panel" shirt that had a serial number printed on it, and said that all I had to do was show up at MP training with the shirt on, they'd enter the serial number, and I'd be allowed to participate. I got very excited and took the shirt, but then realized it was WAAAYYY too small, so I put my hopes back to making it on my own, since I didn't want to show up at training in that tiny little shirt.

Then I looked at the R2 instructions, and they said they were doing something different this time, and that the questions would be answered live, in a room with the other applicants. I reported to the room, and then realized that everyone else had brought vacation photos with them, and that instead of a video, all applicants had to make and present a collage of vacation photos. I looked at the instructions again and realized I had completely missed the part that said I needed to bring photos and scrapbooking materials. Gary was there, and I asked him if I could run back home to get these things. He said I couldn't and I'd just have to use whatever photos I could print off my phone. Then the realization hit that I was out, and my only hope to be on the panel would be to show up at training in the tiny shirt and hope that the "corporate membership" would work.

Sooo...anyone want to analyze that for me? :lmao:

Question for last year - did they ask about a favorite memory in round 1? I'm thinking the video would need to be slightly different since they already asked us that question.

Also, can someone do me a favor and post the Round 1 questions for WDW? I kind of applied on a whim (I was on the website and saw that it was open so I clicked through to see the questions and the next thing I knew, I had applied) and didn't save the questions or answers. Though obviously not overthinking it was the right thing to do.

Good morning everyone!

The video topic last year (for WDW) was a favourite Disney memory. I don't have the exact wording. There was also an essay question with the same topic and I believe you could use the same memory in both. I chose separate memories.

Keeping it to 60 seconds IS a challenge!!:scared:

I'm still trying to puzzle out what other topics may be suggested this year! :confused3

Having been WAY too excited to sleep last night, I was in bed with my iPad searching everything I could find out about the Mom's panel. I looked at the current Panel and couldn't help but notice that most (if not, all) are younger; 30's and 40's. I was hoping to see maybe a Grandmother or two, but I didn't. Being in my 50's, I hope that I have a chance. I can't imagine why the Mom's panel would not want to diversify to ALL age groups.

I also noticed the demographics are mostly from the South, maybe a few from the Midwest, so also wondering why not a larger representation from the Midwest (where I'm from.)

I have never been able to figure out the ryhme or reason for what the Mom's Panel is looking for. I know that everyone on this board is qualified and deserving, yet a majority do not make it through. :confused3

Just a few musings as I wait until Monday afternoon for the questions...

I'm almost 50! I don't think one is ever too old to be full of Disney magic!:cheer2: I'll always be a big kid at heart :goodvibes

I don't think we'll ever know the magic formula, but the important thing to remember is that even if you don't get through (this is my 3rd time trying and 3rd time to R2), it doesn't detract from your deep passion for Disney. We'll never know the exact numbers the Panel needs for each speciality or what particular focuses they are looking for. There are a lot of passionate people applying for a tiny handful of spots - it must be such a difficult job for the judges to choose! We are all Disney Parks Moms Panelists at heart! :cool1:

Sending :grouphug: to all who have yet to hear news. Hang in there!!

Laura

.#DisneyMP update: No luck w/ 250 blocked emails. Our IT team still working to request an unblock. No ETA tho-Next step: Unleashing Villains

Gary's latest tweet

Still waiting here

Laura, I agree. There IS no age limit for Disney and I don't consider myself too old for the Magic, so why aren't there more older panelists? Rhetorical question, I know and that only the powers that be could answer that.

.#DisneyMP update: No luck w/ 250 blocked emails. Our IT team still working to request an unblock. No ETA tho-Next step: Unleashing Villains Gary's latest tweet Still waiting here

Oh, that is hilarious! Disney Villains taking on Comcast!!

Laura, I agree. There IS no age limit for Disney and I don't consider myself too old for the Magic, so why aren't there more older panelists? Rhetorical question, I know and that only the powers that be could answer that.

So true! Perhaps we will help with those demographics this year!! :goodvibes Faith, trust and pixie dust!! pixiedust:

Oh, that is hilarious! Disney Villains taking on Comcast!!

Love it - I have this vision of all of the villains hacking away at computer cables and green and purple laser beams flying all around... :maleficen:ccat:

"creepies and crawlies from last hallowe'en - awaken my email with your tambourine!!!" :lmao:

:grouphug:

Laura

I have a thought....perhaps there are older panelists who don't look that old, or perhaps some panelists are people who had children and grandchildren at a very young age, and have had many life experiences in that time. :)

Love it - I have this vision of all of the villains hacking away at computer cables and green and purple laser beams flying all around... :maleficen:ccat: "creepies and crawlies from last hallowe'en - awaken my email with your tambourine!!!" :lmao: :grouphug: Laura

Reminds me of the book Kingdom Keepers, when Malificents crew attacks the generators!

I think a lot of the panelists are probably 50, 60, or 70 (which by the way is not old). It is just that Disney keeps them acting and looking young....pixiedust:

Still waiting.

I have a thought....perhaps there are older panelists who don't look that old, or perhaps some panelists are people who had children and grandchildren at a very young age, and have had many life experiences in that time. :)

I think a lot of the panelists are probably 50, 60, or 70 (which by the way is not old). It is just that Disney keeps them acting and looking young....pixiedust:

Still waiting.

Agree on all counts! I know Disney keeps me young at heart :goodvibes

I don't think there are any "quotas" in choosing the panelists. I think the judges have an incredibly tough job of looking at a group of amazing applicants in each round and they choose the ones among those that stand out. I can only imagine how agonizing it must be to make those selections. I am sure they don't say "well this person is 40 and we already have a 40 year-old, or this person is from this area and we already have 2 from there..." In the end they have a group of finalists, regardless of demographics, geography, etc. So I am confident we all start from a level playing field.

Every single person who applies is full of Disney passion and knowledge and deserves to be a panelist. If only the panel could number in the thousands!

And with that note, I send pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: to everyone, especially those still anxiously waiting!!

Laura

I think this year I'm the most excited I've ever been to see who makes it into the panel. After being around the boards, twitter and Facebook I feel like I "know" a lot more of the Round 2ers than I have in the past. It makes it super exciting to be sharing this with (and also rooting for) people you know. :-)

This whole process is also really special to me in particular because it is what created our podcast. It's made up of fellow hopefuls and it's been so much fun to get to know those of you who have volunteered your time and talents in getting that going. Now it's almost been an entire year!! Craziness!

I think this year I'm the most excited I've ever been to see who makes it into the panel. After being around the boards, twitter and Facebook I feel like I "know" a lot more of the Round 2ers than I have in the past. It makes it super exciting to be sharing this with (and also rooting for) people you know. :-)

This whole process is also really special to me in particular because it is what created our podcast. It's made up of fellow hopefuls and it's been so much fun to get to know those of you who have volunteered your time and talents in getting that going. Now it's almost been an entire year!! Craziness!

You are one of my favorites!!

I was so surprised last year when you didn't make it to Round 3 because you had a fabulous video.

Good luck this year!! :thumbsup2

You are one of my favorites!! I was so surprised last year when you didn't make it to Round 3 because you had a fabulous video. Good luck this year!! :thumbsup2

Thanks ticofan!! And I hope your email craziness get sorted out soon. How frustrating!

Thanks ticofan!! And I hope your email craziness get sorted out soon. How frustrating!

Thank you.

I am not really worried because I think Disney tries to do everything right. (And it helps that I had a "good" sneak peek on Monday!)

:cool1:

Still waiting....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter