• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amazing Adventures of the 2014 Disney Parks Moms Panel Search

Which specialty did you apply for?

• Walt Disney World

• Disneyland

• runDisney

• Disney Vacation Club

• Disney Cruise Line

• ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex

Results are only viewable after voting.
I *just* managed to get my application in last night. I got back from the World late on Thursday and totally forgot about the Mom's Panel until about 11pm last night :faint:

When I was lucky enough to move to Round 2 in 2011 (for the 2012 panel) my application had been last minute just like this one. Sometimes I think the spontaneous, unplanned answers are better than the planned ones :rotfl:

Anyways....time for the waiting game to begin! Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone!

Hi Everyone! This is my first go round with the Mom's Panel so I am trying REALLY hard not to get my hopes up! Hopefully they will like my take on things. It's so hard to answer those questions in less than 100 words! Does anyone have any idea what kind of questions they ask if you make it to round 2?

I've only made it to round 2 once (last year) and they had requested people to submit a 1 minute video of their favorite Disney memory. There were a lot of people who posted them on here and it was such a treat to see them! There were questions too that got a bit more specific but followed the same 100 word (or so) guidelines. Fingers crossed for you! I'm sure you did great! So excited about all of this!

In case anyone is interested.. Our podcast just put out an episode about what the Moms Panel Application process is like for rounds 1, 2 and 3. You can find it at MouseQuestPodcast.com under Podcast or download it from iTunes for free. Just look for MouseQuest Podcast.

In case anyone is interested.. Our podcast just put out an episode about what the Moms Panel Application process is like for rounds 1, 2 and 3. You can find it at MouseQuestPodcast.com under Podcast or download it from iTunes for free. Just look for MouseQuest Podcast.

Great podcast!!! Thank you for sharing!!

NICE!!! I'm listening right now! Thank you!

Good luck to everyone who applied!!!

I've applied several times and never made it past Round 1. I have a successful career, a wonderful husband, 3 amazing children, and a great life. I've been to Disney 4 times in 2013 and recently became a DVC owner. While I think it would be totally awesome to be on the Moms Panel, I hope everyone remembers that being rejected is not personal! Every year I see people devastated by rejection. I know it's disappointing but it's truly not a commentary on your Disney knowledge or love nor does it reflect poorly on all of your good personal qualities. Most of us will be rejected. I've not saying that we shouldn't all get excited to apply this year but I hope we all keep this in perspective. (And, yes, I'm always a little disappointed when I get that rejection email but I try to keep it in perspective.)

:love:
Amanda

Since we are all going to be anxiously waiting here for the next few weeks, let's get to know each other!

Here are some basic questions:
1. Where do you live?
2. What's your favorite Disney character?
3. If you could meet Walt and ask him one question, what would it be?
4. What special talents you think the Moms Panel could benefit from by having you as a panelist?

1 My name is Mary and I live in Chicago. As a matter of fact, I've lived in the same neighborhood of Chicago for my entire life!
2 My favorite Disney character is Mickey!
3 I would ask Walt what he thinks of his legacy - what is he pleased with, what is he not happy with.
4 Special talent? Well, I've traveled with all age groups. My son is 11 and we took him to WDW at 6 weeks old. I've traveled with a large family group (19 of us!), with my mother-in-law (older), my stepsons and their kids. So I'd like to think I have a perspective for all ages! :)

Since we are all going to be anxiously waiting here for the next few weeks, let's get to know each other!

1. Where do you live?
4. What special talents you think the Moms Panel could benefit from by having you as a panelist?

Hey y'all! I'm joining in here for the first time. Anxiously waiting to hear something, but I couldn't imagine a better bunch to be waiting with!

1. I'm Jennifer and I live in central Alabama (about 11 hours from WDW).
2. My favorite Disney character is Goofy - because that is who I am most like!
3. I would ask Walt what he thinks about the new expansions and what else he would plan for the future.
4. I am an extensive planner. I constantly research all aspects of a Disney vacation from dining ressies, resorts, tickets, and packages. I love to plan for a Disney trip, even if it is a couple of years before we go. I have planned trips for not only us, but for friends as well.

I've applied several times and never made it past Round 1. I have a successful career, a wonderful husband, 3 amazing children, and a great life. I've been to Disney 4 times in 2013 and recently became a DVC owner. While I think it would be totally awesome to be on the Moms Panel, I hope everyone remembers that being rejected is not personal! Every year I see people devastated by rejection. I know it's disappointing but it's truly not a commentary on your Disney knowledge or love nor does it reflect poorly on all of your good personal qualities. Most of us will be rejected. I've not saying that we shouldn't all get excited to apply this year but I hope we all keep this in perspective. (And, yes, I'm always a little disappointed when I get that rejection email but I try to keep it in perspective.)

Amanda

Great reminder! :-)

Wow, this was a close call for me. Just got off the Disney Wonder and the whole window was while we were cruising. I had to try to connect via satellite wifi and had so much trouble connecting, I must have tried like 10 times. Then I get an email saying my entry was received and I just hope it was one of the ones where I answered all the questions! :confused3

1. Where do you live?

1. I live in lovely Anaheim, California!!! About 4 miles away from DLR and we can see the fireworks from our backyard :).
2. Mulan. She kicks butt.
3. Honestly I'd probably just burst into tears and give him a giant hug and he'd be like "who is this crazy lady?"
4. As a local, I know the ins and outs of the parks like the back of my hand. Plus I used to have a DLR blog and I'm a former cast member. Nobody knows how to navigate DLR like me :cool2:

1. Where do you live?

I am so excited to apply for my 2nd year. Last year I was just so excited, that I'm sure my thoughts bounced all over the place. I write much better starting with pen and paper rather than typing it on the computer first. So, this year I think my answers sounded much better.

1. My name is Amanda and I live in Wisconsin.
2. I have a love of many characters. Growing up my favorite was always Eeyore, but I have added to my favorite list. Jiminy Cricket, Ariel, Flounder, and Merida for example.
3. I would ask Walt for plans for the future. I am sure he watches down every day and comes up with more brilliant ideas that we could never imagine.
4. I think the panel could benefit from me, because I did the Disney college program for 7 1/2 months. I lived and breathed Disney every day, and for me was one of the best experiences of my life. pixiedust:

Just wanted to stop by and wish all applicants to the Disney Parks Moms Panel luck and extra pixie dust! :wizard: It's an amazing, once-in-a-lifetime experience. Can't wait to see who will be joining the Moms Panel family in 2014!!! :goodvibes

Jill

Just wanted to stop by and wish all applicants to the Disney Parks Moms Panel luck and extra pixie dust! :wizard: It's an amazing, once-in-a-lifetime experience. Can't wait to see who will be joining the Moms Panel family in 2014!!! :goodvibes

Jill

Thanks Jill!!!

So if my reading is correct, Round 1 submissions are in, so now we start a play I like to call;

THE WAITING GAME!

We are in Act 1. Lots of fun. I get excited for you guys, so I hope you are having fun with it too.

Lots of luck to all!

Doug

Super Cheers!

We have set the stage and it's time to get to know the characters. Who will be the leading man and the leading lady?

Thank you for your well wishes! I am a first time applicant and super excited to meet all the other hopefuls.

Pixie Dust Away!

I'm Amanda and have 3 children.

1. Where do you live? Just outside of NYC.
2. What's your favorite Disney character? Belle.
3. If you could meet Walt and ask him one question, what would it be? What direction should the Disney company go next?
4. What special talents you think the Moms Panel could benefit from by having you as a panelist? I don't know about talent but... I work with a very diverse population at my job so I think I bring cultural sensitivity. I'm good at multi-tasking. My youngest son has some physical disabilities so I'm very familiar with traveling with a special needs child and when my mom was still alive, she required an ECV due to emphysema so I know about a special needs adult, too. ;) I've been to Disney alone, with just my husband, as a solo adult with 3 children, as a family of 5, as a multi-family reunion group, etc.

Amanda

Thanks for sharing! Quite helpful and fun to hear your experiences.

Amanda

The pick what? 20 people out of about 5,000 applicants? That is like 1/2% chance of getting in. You probably have better odds at getting struck by lightening.

The pick what? 20 people out of about 5,000 applicants? That is like 1/2% chance of getting in. You probably have better odds at getting struck by lightening.

20 people out if 14000-20000 applicants. It's crazy pixie dust that gets you on the panel!

20 people out if 14000-20000 applicants. It's crazy pixie dust that gets you on the panel!

Exactly. :thumbsup2
But it breaks my heart every year when people are devastated by the rejection email and start to question their self-worth. :sad1:

Amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter