• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amazing Adventures of the 2013 Disney Moms Panel Search

Holy cow - that's a lot of stuff going on right there! Hope everyone gets better soon, and that the camping trip goes well.

Have fun training for the Princess. (Since I applied for the runDisney spot, if you have questions about training, I am more than happy to answer them!)

I don't have a question- but a comment. I'd look for a Dad to join the Run Disney mom this year. Just a hunch- maybe they add 2 positions, and one goes to a Dad? :thumbsup2 I could be WAY off but I heard that Lori was getting a TON of questions so thinking RunDisney might be up for expansion this go around! Good Luck!

Remember I complained my parents were at WDW without me last week? Guess where they are going tomorrow for 2 nights?!? Back to WDW for f&w! Must be nice to be retired lol!

So, lets pass the time. Tell about your most memorable experience with a CM!

I'll start with the most memorable experience with a CM: It was out first trip to WDW with the kids (DS3 and DD5). We had breakfast at Cinderella's castle the day before and we were in EPCOT in France to get a picture with the Beast. We had met Belle the previous day at the castle and wanted to see if we could get the both of them together. We were in the little room just off the walkway waiting for them to arrive. When Belle and the Beast came down the stairs, my DS took a few steps back behind me as Beast was a bit overwhelming. My DD went right up and was ready to pose, but my DS was not about to get any closer.

Belle comes over, squats down eye level with him and tells him she remember's meeting him yesterday at Cinderella's Castle and that it would be great if he would come get his picture taken with her friend. She stands up, he grabs her hand and the two of them walk over to pose for the picture!:thumbsup2

I was in awe that she not only remembered us, but where it was she met us. To this day Belle is my favorite princess because of what that CM did that morning. pixiedust:

Remember I complained my parents were at WDW without me last week? Guess where they are going tomorrow for 2 nights?!? Back to WDW for f&w! Must be nice to be retired lol!

So, lets pass the time. Tell about your most memorable experience with a CM!

I am SO sad! I just typed up a story I wanted to share with y'all about a special moment I had as a CM with a special guest - I somehow deleted it and it's nowhere to be found! Bummer! I will have to type it again sometime because it's a story I love to tell (maybe I can tell it in person with y'all one day)

Anyway, shorter story for this evening: As a member of the 2008 Magic Kingdom Dream Squad, I was lucky enough to be the CM to tell a guest that was exiting Buzz Lightyear's Spaceranger Spin that she had won a night in Cinderella Castle! It was truly an amazing moment - the woman was a young mother and had been aboard the ride with her husband and adorable toddler twin boys! When we revealed her prize, she burst into tears and her boys said, "Hooray, mommy gets to be a princess." I almost died!! :cloud9:

I don't have a question- but a comment. I'd look for a Dad to join the Run Disney mom this year. Just a hunch- maybe they add 2 positions, and one goes to a Dad? :thumbsup2 I could be WAY off but I heard that Lori was getting a TON of questions so thinking RunDisney might be up for expansion this go around! Good Luck!

I agree! I think Lori needs a hand with the growing popularity of runDisney events.

Obviously, I would love for that to be the case. ;) But, I am doubtful that a second addition will be a guy. My reasoning (though admittedly cynical) is that, if you look at the run Disney FB page, most of the pics are of women. And the ToT race the other day was apparently about 65% women, unless the numbers got updated. run Disney seems to be content with women being the primary runner for all of their races - I've actually had a couple of runners ask me if men can run Disney races - not the Princess or the Tink, but the marathon weekend ones! :sad2:

Obviously, I would love for that to be the case. ;) But, I am doubtful that a second addition will be a guy. My reasoning (though admittedly cynical) is that, if you look at the run Disney FB page, most of the pics are of women. And the ToT race the other day was apparently about 65% women, unless the numbers got updated. run Disney seems to be content with women being the primary runner for all of their races - I've actually had a couple of runners ask me if men can run Disney races - not the Princess or the Tink, but the marathon weekend ones! :sad2:

On the other hand, having a dad panelist could give the men confidence in knowing that runDisney events are not gender biased. It might even increase the number of participants which equals more $ in Mickey's pocket. Fingers are crossed for you!

On the other hand, having a dad panelist could give the men confidence in knowing that runDisney events are not gender biased. It might even increase the number of participants which equals more $ in Mickey's pocket. Fingers are crossed for you!

Nah, they can simply sell more of the run Disney-themed purses. :rotfl2: (I swear, for some of the prices, those things had better be made out of platinum or something!)

run Disney really just needs to come up with some marketing plan for the men - probably involving alcohol and bacon. :drinking1 :cool1:

Sorry I have not been contributing much to the conversation! It's a bit of a crazy time here at work with certain events happening. I also interviewed last week for a position at one of the top 3 companies for whom I want to work, and the anxiety over waiting to hear back from them has topped my wondering about the Mom's Panel!

Anyway, shorter story for this evening: As a member of the 2008 Magic Kingdom Dream Squad, I was lucky enough to be the CM to tell a guest that was exiting Buzz Lightyear's Spaceranger Spin that she had won a night in Cinderella Castle! It was truly an amazing moment - the woman was a young mother and had been aboard the ride with her husband and adorable toddler twin boys! When we revealed her prize, she burst into tears and her boys said, "Hooray, mommy gets to be a princess." I almost died!! :cloud9:

I would have burst into tears with her for sure! I was tearing up reading your story...can't wait to hear your other story!

run Disney really just needs to come up with some marketing plan for the men - probably involving alcohol and bacon. :drinking1 :cool1:
...or make some murses that smell like bacon and have drink reservoirs?! ;)

I also interviewed last week for a position at one of the top 3 companies for whom I want to work, and the anxiety over waiting to hear back from them has topped my wondering about the Mom's Panel!
I hope you get some news on the work front so that you can enjoy the Mom's anticipation, too. Good Luck!!!

I've been real busy as well. This past weekend was the annual Grape & Wine Festival final weekend in our area, so we were busy with parade watching and food and wine tastings and house parties. Very fun and we always get to see people we haven't seen since the prior year or from many years prior...nice to catch up 'cause life gets so busy that without these types of events we might never see some of our old friends!

I'm still betting on Saturday for Mom's Panel news. I haven't had time to be anxious at all, so I'm glad for that.

One of my favourite CM interactions was at Innoventions West in Slapstick Studios. My sister and I had travelled together for my milestone birthday and it was her actual birthday that day. My birthday button had 'Pod' on it (my childhood nickname) and my sister's had 'Jeb-Jeb' on hers (for Jill-E-Bean). We were picked to play this hysterical game where you have to diaper cabbage patch dolls on a conveyor belt, but prior to playing the CM gives out team names. The CM wishes me 'Happy Birthday' and then asks if that day was my actual birthday and I had to say 'no', because it wasn't but I did say it was my sister's actual birthday. He then makes a really big deal about our button names and asked were these our actual names...we say 'No' and he then asks us 'what else are you hiding about yourselves???' This guy was so funny and by that point everyone was laughing pretty hard at the antics. Well, we almost bust our guts laughing and the audience roared when he named us 'Team Liarface'! :lmao: This guy was so funny, and we still laugh about that interaction and the chaos that ensued playing that game. We had such a great trip that we've decided that we are returning for her next milestone birthday for more of this: pixiedust:!

I would have burst into tears with her for sure! I was tearing up reading your story...can't wait to hear your other story!

Thanks, girl! I didn't feel like going out to lunch in the rain today so I took a moment and wrote out this Magical Moment on a Word doc to save :) Hope y'all enjoy :)

It was just another ‘day in the life’ of working a greeter shift – as the CM assigned to the far reaches of Fantasyland that afternoon, I was headed onto the old ‘express walkway’ the connected Mickey’s Toontown Fair with Tomorrowland when I came upon a family that looked a little turned around.

I walked up to them – mom, dad and an adorable 8 or 9 year old daughter - and asked if they needed help. They looked relieved at my offer of assistance and let me know that they were trying to find the way out of the park. I let them know that I’d be happy to assist them!

As we started our walk, I noticed that the little girl was wearing a lanyard adorned with many carefully chosen pins, so I struck up a little conversation with her. She seemed kind of shy, so I was sure to stick with simple questions that could be answered in yes or no head nods. We were walking a little ahead of her parents and she seemed pretty peppy to be the “leader.”

Before long, we reached the end of the path and the parents remarked that they knew where they were then. We were right near the Space Mountain Arcade are when I noticed the little girl intently staring at my hip lanyard so I asked her if she’d like to take a look at the pins up close.

She nodded, took a step closer, held my lanyard in her hand and looked up, then asked, slowly, “Would you like to trade with me?”
“Of course,” I smiled, “which one would you like to trade?”

We made the exchange and she confidently exclaimed, “THANK YOU!” before skipping off, causing her dad to jog up to catch up with her. I stopped to ask her mom if they needed anything else when I realized she was covering her mouth and shaking her head back and forth.

“Is everything alright?” I asked, concerned.

Her mom stopped, breathed in and said, “Oh yes, it definitely is….you see…our daughter has never spoken to anyone in public before and her doctors were worried that she never would….we just…thaink you. Thank you so much. You don’t know what this means to her – and to us.”

My jaw almost hit the floor. I felt like I was in a movie, a scripted scene…something unreal…but then I realized that I kind of was – in the best way possible.

At Disney, dreams really do come true. Sometimes they don’t seem as big as the castle, or as loud as the fireworks, but those were the moments that made everything matter.

P.S.
I had no idea what to say after the little girl’s mom spoke to me. But I am sure she understood why :goodvibes

Thanks, girl! I didn't feel like going out to lunch in the rain today so I took a moment and wrote out this Magical Moment on a Word doc to save :) Hope y'all enjoy :)

It was just another ‘day in the life’ of working a greeter shift – as the CM assigned to the far reaches of Fantasyland that afternoon, I was headed onto the old ‘express walkway’ the connected Mickey’s Toontown Fair with Tomorrowland when I came upon a family that looked a little turned around.

I walked up to them – mom, dad and an adorable 8 or 9 year old daughter - and asked if they needed help. They looked relieved at my offer of assistance and let me know that they were trying to find the way out of the park. I let them know that I’d be happy to assist them!

As we started our walk, I noticed that the little girl was wearing a lanyard adorned with many carefully chosen pins, so I struck up a little conversation with her. She seemed kind of shy, so I was sure to stick with simple questions that could be answered in yes or no head nods. We were walking a little ahead of her parents and she seemed pretty peppy to be the “leader.”

Before long, we reached the end of the path and the parents remarked that they knew where they were then. We were right near the Space Mountain Arcade are when I noticed the little girl intently staring at my hip lanyard so I asked her if she’d like to take a look at the pins up close.

She nodded, took a step closer, held my lanyard in her hand and looked up, then asked, slowly, “Would you like to trade with me?”

We made the exchange and she confidently exclaimed, “THANK YOU!” before skipping off, causing her dad to jog up to catch up with her. I stopped to ask her mom if they needed anything else when I realized she was covering her mouth and shaking her head back and forth.

Her mom stopped, breathed in and said, “Oh yes, it definitely is….you see…our daughter has never spoken to anyone in public before and her doctors were worried that she never would….we just…thaink you. Thank you so much. You don’t know what this means to her – and to us.”

My jaw almost hit the floor. I felt like I was in a movie, a scripted scene…something unreal…but then I realized that I kind of was – in the best way possible.

At Disney, dreams really do come true. Sometimes they don’t seem as big as the castle, or as loud as the fireworks, but those were the moments that made everything matter.

P.S.
I had no idea what to say after the little girl’s mom spoke to me. But I am sure she understood why :goodvibes

That is a wonderful experience. I have a son who is autistic, so in a way I understand the mom's reply to you. Any time, you see a child with a social disability coming out of their own world to interact with someone else means the world to that parent. It is almost like seeing them break down the walls in their own brains, overcoming theses issues that keep them to themselves. Giving us a chance to see the persons they really are. You gave that mom that moment. A great story to share, thanks.

P.S.

That is a beautiful story. I am literally choked up right now.

P.S.

You have to stop posting these tear-jerker stories! Just kidding! It is awesome knowing how you have been able to change lives just by doing your job! What a privilege!

That is a wonderful experience. I have a son who is autistic, so in a way I understand the mom's reply to you. Any time, you see a child with a social disability coming out of their own world to interact with someone else means the world to that parent. It is almost like seeing them break down the walls in their own brains, overcoming theses issues that keep them to themselves. Giving us a chance to see the persons they really are. You gave that mom that moment. A great story to share, thanks.

That is a beautiful story. I am literally choked up right now.

khiguchi's story is very touching. Thanks for sharing your magical moment!

You have to stop posting these tear-jerker stories! Just kidding! It is awesome knowing how you have been able to change lives just by doing your job! What a privilege!

:flower3:I am glad to share these stories with y'all because I know that you all truly "get" the Disney sentimentality! Sometimes when I am missing Disney, I get into reminiscing and my ever-practical hubs will make some sort of comment like, "but remember your crappy hours? I bet you don't miss that lowly paycheck." Le sigh! What can ya do?:confused3

Anywho, I look forward to reading some of y'alls great CM interactions. The ones so far have been great - Slapstick studios! Character greetings! Oh, I love it all :) Besides, I think it really does help pass the time as we wait to hear more news...until then, we'll just keep on truckin' :drive:

DH thinks I'm back here planning for a class, but these stories are side tracking me :upsidedow. Wish I could teach a Disney World class :rotfl:.

Thanks so much for thinking of me, I have not interviewed yet I spoke with hr, and they said a recruiter would be calling but I haven't been called yet. I'm afraid I might be overqualified with a bachelors degree to be a teller. I talked to the girl who recommended me said not to give up hope yet but I live with a glass half empty unfortunately. I guess we will see, I'm hoping something opens up somewhere I am so miserable at my job and frustrated with the little pay I get and crappy benefits. Being a single mom is so tough.

I hope something opens up for you - it sounds like you are ready for a new opportunity and I am sure you will be a great asset for the company lucky enough to have you!

In case anyone is interested in hearing about the luncheon yesterday, I just did a small write up about it on my blog.
Http://thefloridafamily.com
The luncheon was fun. Now I really want to make the panel!

Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience! It looks like a great time was had by all :)

I agree! Life has been chaotic this past week or so. I haven't had time to think about the panel except in a dream one night. Of course, I knew the perfect answer to describe my favorite memory and then woke up and thought "which memory was it?".

It's all about injuries and doctor's appts this week for us. My son got a concussion in football practice which has resulted in 2 appts. One daughter fell off her bike and has a possible fractured humerus, 2 more appts. Another daughter has a scheduled dr appt Weds. Hubby saw the chiropractor today and goes again Weds. And Girl Scouts has started up with a camping trip over the weekend and a meeting on...Weds of course! Too busy to think! Here's hoping it's all good news so the family can get on the recovery track!

Oh yeah, tomorrow starts my official training program for the Princess half in Feb. Guess I won't be short on thoughts to occupy my time!

Yikes - you have had a lot to contend with!! I hope everyone is recovering and that the worst is behind you! Yay for Princess training - lots of us runDisney veterans here willing to help if you have any questions :)

I'll start with the most memorable experience with a CM: It was out first trip to WDW with the kids (DS3 and DD5). We had breakfast at Cinderella's castle the day before and we were in EPCOT in France to get a picture with the Beast. We had met Belle the previous day at the castle and wanted to see if we could get the both of them together. We were in the little room just off the walkway waiting for them to arrive. When Belle and the Beast came down the stairs, my DS took a few steps back behind me as Beast was a bit overwhelming. My DD went right up and was ready to pose, but my DS was not about to get any closer.

Belle comes over, squats down eye level with him and tells him she remembers meeting him yesterday at Cinderella's Castle and that it would be great if he would come get his picture taken with her friend. She stands up, he grabs her hand and the two of them walk over to pose for the picture!:thumbsup2

I was in awe that she not only remembered us, but where it was she met us. To this day Belle is my favorite princess because of what that CM did that morning. pixiedust:

What a sweet story!!

As a member of the 2008 Magic Kingdom Dream Squad, I was lucky enough to be the CM to tell a guest that was exiting Buzz Lightyear's Spaceranger Spin that she had won a night in Cinderella Castle! It was truly an amazing moment - the woman was a young mother and had been aboard the ride with her husband and adorable toddler twin boys! When we revealed her prize, she burst into tears and her boys said, "Hooray, mommy gets to be a princess." I almost died!! :cloud9:

How awesome it must have been to deliver that message - so wanted to win a stay in that suite!!!

It does seem that runDisney has increased their focus on women participants over the last few years. It is well-known that women are making up more and more of the endurance market and that they are more likely to travel to a destination (like WDW or DLR) with a group of friends for a race than men in general. Therefore, Disney, as a business, has targeted this audience and the result is a current focus on women. I hope, despite this focus, that runDisney events continue to be full of participants of both genders, all ages, and at all speeds as this is one of my favorite aspects of running with Disney!

Sorry I have not been contributing much to the conversation! It's a bit of a crazy time here at work with certain events happening. I also interviewed last week for a position at one of the top 3 companies for whom I want to work, and the anxiety over waiting to hear back from them has topped my wondering about the Mom's Panel!

I hope you receive great news from your interview - I can certainly see why thoughts of a new job would trump worrying about the Mom's Panel :)

One of my favourite CM interactions was at Innoventions West in Slapstick Studios. My sister and I had travelled together for my milestone birthday and it was her actual birthday that day. My birthday button had 'Pod' on it (my childhood nickname) and my sister's had 'Jeb-Jeb' on hers (for Jill-E-Bean). We were picked to play this hysterical game where you have to diaper cabbage patch dolls on a conveyor belt, but prior to playing the CM gives out team names. The CM wishes me 'Happy Birthday' and then asks if that day was my actual birthday and I had to say 'no', because it wasn't but I did say it was my sister's actual birthday. He then makes a really big deal about our button names and asked were these our actual names...we say 'No' and he then asks us 'what else are you hiding about yourselves???' This guy was so funny and by that point everyone was laughing pretty hard at the antics. Well, we almost bust our guts laughing and the audience roared when he named us 'Team Liarface'! :lmao: This guy was so funny, and we still laugh about that interaction and the chaos that ensued playing that game. We had such a great trip that we've decided that we are returning for her next milestone birthday for more of this: pixiedust:!

That must have been hysterical and what a fun memory to share with your sister!

P.S.

That is a very magical story - I am so glad you shared it with us! I imagine that family includes this moment in their own special memories and thinks of you as a great blessing in their daughter's life!

DH thinks I'm back here planning for a class, but these stories are side tracking me :upsidedow. Wish I could teach a Disney World class :rotfl:.

I'd love to teach a class on Disney too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter