• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amazing Adventures of the 2013 Disney Moms Panel Search

Mahorn said:
Evening everyone I just wanted to say its so nice to sit here in the evening and read what went on during the day. I am having a tough time lately (isn't everyone) but this place is my refuge. I am desperately looking for a new job but grateful I have one but it's too much for too little pay no retirement nothing and trying to feed three kids myself help my boyfriend and his two boysis draining me. So thanks for being a place I can come breathe a sigh of relief and relax.

Sorry for the ot rant.

I hear ya! I like checking in here too, makes my day end on a pleasant note. Hope things improve for both of us!

Evening everyone I just wanted to say its so nice to sit here in the evening and read what went on during the day. I am having a tough time lately (isn't everyone) but this place is my refuge. I am desperately looking for a new job but grateful I have one but it's too much for too little pay no retirement nothing and trying to feed three kids myself help my boyfriend and his two boysis draining me. So thanks for being a place I can come breathe a sigh of relief and relax.

Sorry for the ot rant.

No need to apologize! We all bear the weight of our own burdens, but sharing our love of Disney seems to lighten them a bit-- even if it's just for a while. I was having a particularly frustrating day at work today and walked outside at lunch. I crossed a path near a fountain, and I immediately stopped because the faint smell of chlorine and the sound of the water transported me to the fountains at Epcot. I couldn't help but smile and somehow the load wasn't quite so heavy for the rest of the day! Disney is so much more than a theme park! :lovestruc

Its true Disney is definitely more than a place for me its like a refuge. Somewhere I can go and not worry about anything whether I'm planning a trip for myself or someone else or just talking about it. I'm glad I joined this group this year i usually just wait alone for the results but this is so much better

:wave2:

Just a quick note -- if you were one of the last few to add yourself to the spreadsheet, you may want to go double-check that you're still there. I went and added myself a few minutes ago and it seemed someone else was editing at the same time -- I stopped to wait so as not to mess up the database writing and as I watched a few of the lines went MIA! Not sure if it was a fluke or what, but there are definitely three or four names that disappeared off of the list, so if you added yourself recently, make sure it wasn't you! :)

And on another note, I am so glad to see some other runDisney folk here. I did not apply for that speciality, as I am not a runner, but with the help of Jeff Galloway and God (not in that order, lol) I am going to finish the half marathon in January if it kills me! LOL!!!!

CarrieR said:
And on another note, I am so glad to see some other runDisney folk here. I did not apply for that speciality, as I am not a runner, but with the help of Jeff Galloway and God (not in that order, lol) I am going to finish the half marathon in January if it kills me! LOL!!!!

I'm following Jeff Galloway too. I think he's a genius!

Hello, everyone! :wave2:
Well - I applied again this year (after making it to round 2 last year) and am happy to join this years waiting room on the disboards! I posted my name to the spreadsheet and am hopeful that this year's ride on the Moms Panel Search express will make it's final stop right onto the panel! It's so nice to wait with the rest of you. Good Luck to everyone! :grouphug: :cheer2:

Always glad to help! And yes, it could be weird to plan a kid-less trip, but maybe you could get some fellow moms/friends to do the 5K with you! And imagine how proud you'll be and what a great role model you'll be to your kids for accomplishing such an awesome goal! :thumbsup2

You know you have all of our support here!
My kids are furious at the thought of me going without them, but the more they gripe --the better I feel about it!!:cool1:

I just love what gets shared on this thread...and how we can all relate to your reaction!
Glad I dropped in on my lunch break. Hope everyone is having a great day!
Similar thoughts & feelings that only Disney freaks can understand....

They don't quiz you on history or anything like that. Just Disney fans talking to other Disney fans and wanting to hear your passion. :) There were 3 of them on the phone with me (maybe 4, I can't remember now! I was pregnant too- so I have a little bit of reason for feeling scattered! lol) but only one of them did the questions until the end. (Laura interviewed me)
15 minutes on the dot.

Wonderful insider info, thx for sharing!:flower3:

It's so exciting to read about everyone's experiences with runDisney. DH, DD, and I are doing our first runDisney 5K next weekend (and it will be my first 5K ever)! I am really looking forward to it!
I'm glad I will be running the 5K also, I will help cheer your family on!! Run Diva's run!:tiptoe:

I'll be there the 28th through the 1st! I'm going with my cousin-- she's running the TOT 10 miler and I'm running the 5K! MNSSHP Sun. the 30th. SO can't wait!
I'm excited for you & your cousin, what a great way to bond (accomplishment). Good luck to both of you. I'm actually meeting "in person" for the 1st time & running with two Disboard friends that I've talked to for years (on this site & other Disney fan sites) ----we all share a common bond--LOVE of Disney, so cool... :offtopic: Are you dressing up at MNSSHP?

Seriously????? I'm going to be there then! I hated missing last year...
This is not the Mom's Panel Meet & Greet--- just some Disney Facebook, Disboards, & Moms Panel Hopefuls meeting up in person & sharing fellowship--(Disney Diva's)

Someone may have already mentioned this- but the Solarium will not be available for use on that date. It's been temporarily transformed into the fitness center until December. Maybe you can use Martha's Vineyard, a lounge area just around the corner through the lobby....
Very sweet, yes we did find out, thank you! They are making alternate plans for the meet & greet,:thumb:

I hope everyone on the DIS has a lots of pixiedust:coming their way!!!

Hi everyone,
It's great to have this site to share the fun and excitement. This is my second year applying - made it to round 2 last year. I agree, the waiting is the hard part, but as it's been said before, dreams do come true.

Just a quick note -- if you were one of the last few to add yourself to the spreadsheet, you may want to go double-check that you're still there. I went and added myself a few minutes ago and it seemed someone else was editing at the same time -- I stopped to wait so as not to mess up the database writing and as I watched a few of the lines went MIA! Not sure if it was a fluke or what, but there are definitely three or four names that disappeared off of the list, so if you added yourself recently, make sure it wasn't you! :)

Thanks Carrie... for the note. I went ahead and locked the spreadsheet, so I am the only one who can edit the cells. If your info was changed or is missing, or if want your info added please send me a quick PM, and I will be happy to add you to our list of Hopefuls.

Here is the link! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhlonQpFn9fpdGdUSEVSeFN2V3hibEQ3d1lDS2JMRlE
princess:princess:princess:

This meet and greet is a group of Disney fans from the Mickey Moms Club Super Group and Social Media that will be in WDW for a Disney Divas Girls Weekend - this is not a panel meet and greet. It is just Disney fans that interact regularly meeting up since we will all be there at the same time. :wizard:

I am so sorry to miss it, I just got back last week from a long weekend to see the Night of Joy concerts with my husband or would have tried to squeeze in another trip.... I have been following the conversations on DIS and FB and would love to actually meet everyone to put faces with the names- maybe next year?! The MNSSHP sounds like sooo much fun. When I go with friends and family I have to tone down my inner Disney geek, as much as they like Disney they do not LOVE:lovestruc it in the same way I do- It would be amazing to be there and be in like company, letting my inner Disney geek SHINE:cool1:

Yesterday's discussion has me inspired to revamp my iTunes playlist... What are your favorite upbeat, inspirational and just plain fun Disney Tunes??? I have a house to clean, and some good music helps... whistle while we work, y'know! ;):);):)

Yesterday's discussion has me inspired to revamp my iTunes playlist... What are your favorite upbeat, inspirational and just plain fun Disney Tunes??? I have a house to clean, and some good music helps... whistle while we work, y'know! ;):);):)

While it's not a Disney song officially, I absolutely love Kerry Butler's version of "Disneyland" from the (not very long-running) 80's Broadway musical "Smile". I adore this song! It's available on itunes.
My daughter and her best friend can often be found belting this song at the top of their lungs in our back yard. Okay, let's be honest, sometimes it's just me that the neighbors might hear belting out "Take me back to... Disneyland...."

You can hear a clip from it free on itunes before you decide to purchase or not.
:)

DisneyLifeMel said:

The Enchanted soundtrack is always good for this....particularly the 'Happy Working Song'

mouserrificmom said:
The Enchanted soundtrack is always good for this....particularly the 'Happy Working Song' dde04

I absolutely LOVE the 'Happy Working Song'!!!!! And Enchanted is seriously one of my VERY FAVORITE Disney movies!!!! I've watched it over and over!! I just love the real-life fairy tale!!! May need to watch it tonight now!! <3

I absolutely LOVE the 'Happy Working Song'!!!!! And Enchanted is seriously one of my VERY FAVORITE Disney movies!!!! I've watched it over and over!! I just love the real-life fairy tale!!! May need to watch it tonight now!! <3

OK ladies, I seriously love the "Happy Working Song"... Mildew stains and all.

I love all the song selections... keep em coming. iTunes is gonna love me today!:thumbsup2

Me too Jackie! It is one of my favorites, having James Marsden and Patrick Dempsey make watching it over and over and over and over again soooooo easy!!! ::rotfl:

I love Chris Calabrese's Music From The Magical Kingdoms CD. He plays ragtime piano (like the talented player at Casey's). It's such happy music - and it's the only soundtrack that features a version of the tune from the (former) El Rio Del Tiempo ride in Mexico.

If you love jazz, "Disney in the Satchmo Way" is Louis Armstrong's tribute to all things Disney.

And of course my favourite long tune, which is the Tapestry of Dreams parade music. It's 23 minutes long, but it's magical!

I love the 4 Parks One World CD - it has a ton of magic in one small package! I always get tingles when I hear the Legacy music from EPCOT. I can just imagine walking up to World Showcase and anticipating an amazing day there!

If you've ever watched the fountain behind Spaceship Earth dance to an upbeat tune with lots of drums, that song is Yanni's Standing in Motion. Love it.

Oh, I could go on and on... and on!! :rotfl2:

Happy listening!! :rolleyes1

If you've ever watched the fountain behind Spaceship Earth dance to an upbeat tune with lots of drums, that song is Yanni's Standing in Motion. Love it.

Thanks for sharing this information. I love the dancing fountain. Off to itunes now!! ;)

What are your creative ways to save money for your Disney fix?? I need to roll all the coins I've saved to get it ready for my Sept. 28 trip (Don't worry, I take it to the bank and convert it to bills ;)) Basically what I do between trips is to save every coin and not spend it. So if I buy something totalling $1.08, I pay $2.00 and the $.92 goes straight to the Disney fund.

I bet this group has a lot of great ideas we can share while we bide our time and drum our fingers waiting for mid-October!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter