• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amazing Adventures of the 2013 Disney Moms Panel Search

I'm right there with you. Being on the Moms Panel would be a DREAM, and I think I have the knowledge and experience to be part of the team. However, the odds are not in my favor; so from this year forward, I will do my best, and move on with a smile no matter the outcome. If I get a round 2 email, I will be ecstatic. If I don't, I will cheer on those who do. Sure, there will be a little envy, but I am truly blessed, and I'm going to focus on the positive!

So well said! I decided I wasn't going to stress this year as much as I have in the past. I just had fun with round 1 and we'll see what happens!

Good luck & :tink: everyone!

Laura

Hi, all!

So glad to be joining you this year and knowing I'm not the only one anxiously awaiting the results for Round 2 (and beyond!). :cutie:

I think this is my third year applying...and of course, it would be a dream come true if I make it on the Moms Panel! :wizard:

To get to the questions, they were so fun and I think more challenging overall. I so enjoyed them! The Ariel question was fun, and still have the song from "The Little Mermaid" in my head where they are all singing their names. :laughing: I put "pineapple" as the key to the Dole Whip, but was a little stumped with that one, too. We will see I guess!

The toughest thing for me was limiting my essay answer to 100 words or less. Hope I got my "Disney excitement" and knowledge of Disney planning across in that little bit of space!

Good luck ladies (and any gents!). :cheer2:

I wasn't nervous until I read more of this thread :rotfl:. Now I'm biting my nails. Can you guys tell me what round 2 involves?

Hi Everyone, I just finished my application for the DVC portion of the panel. It is the 3rd time I have applied. It would be so great to share all the knowledge that I've learned on the DIS to help people have great vacations! pixiedust:

I'm wishing all of us luck! I'm trying not to think about it as there isn't anything I can do about any answers at this point...how long did it take to hear about round two last year?

I'm wishing all of us luck! I'm trying not to think about it as there isn't anything I can do about any answers at this point...how long did it take to hear about round two last year?

Last year, R2 notifications came out 10/8.

Got my application in today. 3rd time applying for WDW!

The new format with more multiple choice and less essay was interesting. Perhaps they went with more objective questions and a lower applicant cap this year in an effort to make it more manageable. I don't imagine it is an easy task to select who moves on.

There were obviously multiple right answers for the "when did you hear about the panel" question. I don't know if that bodes well for "dole whip gate" though.

Out of concern that a computer program might be the first obstacle to get past, I did not say that I was fluent in "Disney".

Good luck to everyone!! Can't wait to see who makes it to round 2!!

Its scary reading how many great people on here haven't yet made it to round 2. Makes me even more nervous.

I applied last night! Trying not to stress about it, but fun to watch this thread. I will be in WDW with my DH October 6-9. Maybe I'll get some good news? If not, I can at least console myself at Food and Wine. :-)

Its scary reading how many great people on here haven't yet made it to round 2. Makes me even more nervous.

5th time applying, oh for four so far out of the starting blocks. I blame it on my keyboard, that and my complete lack of writing talent, but mostly my keyboard.

On the upside, everyone can rest easy knowing that they now only have to beat 13,998 people!

Why don't any of you look more relaxed?

This is my first time applying. I can't even imagine what a great experience it would be to be picked!

I didn't get a confirmation email but logged in and clicked on the apply button and it said I already applied so I'm hoping it went through. What email address did the confirmation email come from?

Best of luck to everyone! :cheer2:

I think I finally hit the "whatever" point... Every year I stress out and second-guess my answers and bite my nails down hoping to advance. This time, I just popped on, answered the questions, professed my undying love for DCL, and hit "submit." Can't even say for sure what I put -- I just typed my heart, with a smile, and that was that. If anything comes of it, great, if not, that's fine too. :goodvibes

Good luck to everyone! :cheer2:

That was my approach this year too, and I'm happier with my finished product for it. I tend to overthink and edit the personality out of the short response parts, but this year I just free-wrote, proof-read, and hit submit without any revision at all. Maybe that'll be the ticket to success. And if not, oh well. There's always next year. :goodvibes

Don't get discouraged! Some people make the panel their first time applying. However, many of the current Moms tried for a few years before they finally made it on to the panel. I wasn't sure if I would apply again (I made it to Round 2 two years ago and last year I made it to Round 3). It was definitely hard last year after getting so close, but being a panelist is a dream of mine. So, I just keep trying. :)

I just submitted my application! I applied last year too, but didn't make it to the 2nd round. Knowing that 14,000 people are applying doesn't make me feel too confident... that's a LOT of people.

I breezed through it and now I can't even remember what I wrote :coffee:

Hello fellow applicants! This is my third year attempting to be on the panel.

Little about myself single mom of 3 kids ages 9,7,5 boy, boy, girl. Future stepmom to 2 older boys 19 and 20. Took the 19 year old to WDw this past August and got to see an amazing transformation from "I'm not going to hug characters" to We have to meet Tigger :) It was an amazing trip my kids are spoiled and have been going since my oldest was 9 months old but to see the 19 year old who had only been once was amazing. I am blessed to be able to give that experience to them. I have had a DVC since 2003 love it.

Good luck to everyone as much as I want to be on the panel. I am glad I can share my love of disney with everyone I meet.

I would love to check out some of your blogs ect. I have to finish reading the posts.

Jenn :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter