• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amazing Adventures of the 2013 Disney Moms Panel Search

Morning all! Man this waiting is killing me. I had some VERY weird Moms Panel dreams last night! Hopefully we hear soon so I can go back to a good night's sleep :)

What are your plans to break the anxious waiting and wondering? (I may need some material for tomorrow! :lmao:)

Today is our yearly trip to the pumpkin patch to pick our pumpkins, so that will keep me occupied for a little while. After that I'm sure I'll be sitting in front of my computer for the rest of the day :surfweb:

Hope everyone has a great day!

Lucy G
WDW - Planning a honeymoon at moment in Disneyworld so that is currently my specialty!
UK
Aunt/Big Sister

Hi Lucy... You are also officially on the Unofficial List! :lovestruc Best of luck to you, and best wishes on your upcoming wedding! How wonderful to honeymoon in WDW! :lovestruc

Morning all! Man this waiting is killing me. I had some VERY weird Moms Panel dreams last night! Hopefully we hear soon so I can go back to a good night's sleep :)

Today is our yearly trip to the pumpkin patch to pick our pumpkins, so that will keep me occupied for a little while. After that I'm sure I'll be sitting in front of my computer for the rest of the day :surfweb:

Hope everyone has a great day!

I'm right there with you. Our weather is not looking good for batting practice, so I may find myself with extra free time today to obsess with everyone. Not sure if that is a good thing. Oh well... have a great day!:goodvibes

Anyone else checking emails and every place possible on line to see if anyone has heard yet? I'm trying to not say alot to my family about it...would love to just spring it on them. Inside I'm going bonkers. I think really it will be Tuesday before we hear..but hoping I'm wrong.
I am having dreams nightly about Disney stuff, being at WDW helping people.°O°

Hi! Welcome to our group. Getting you on the list is not a problem! Just write a regular post. Be sure to include
  • first name & last initial
  • specialty (WDW, DCL, DLR, etc)
  • Hometown - optional
  • Are you a mom, dad, aunt, grandma, etc? Any kids? Also optional.

I will get you on the list. You can always go back and delete any posts on the board if you like.

You can add me also!

-Amanda B.
-WDW
-Milwaukee, WI

MickeyAffair said:
Anyone else checking emails and every place possible on line to see if anyone has heard yet? I'm trying to not say alot to my family about it...would love to just spring it on them. Inside I'm going bonkers. I think really it will be Tuesday before we hear..but hoping I'm wrong.
I am having dreams nightly about Disney stuff, being at WDW helping people.°O°

I check on my phone every few minutes even though my phone vibrates when I get mail. Then I go on my laptop and check even though I have already checked. Lol slightly obsessed now ;0)

I check on my phone every few minutes even though my phone vibrates when I get mail. Then I go on my laptop and check even though I have already checked. Lol slightly obsessed now ;0)
Of all weekends, I lost my iphone on the train ride home on Friday :sad1:, so I've been basically "house bound" since then! I've got every computer in the house open to email, Disboards, Facebook, and Twitter, so I won't miss a thing! :rotfl:

Today, we are having our (Canadian) Thanksgiving dinner and I just put 2 pumpkin pies in the oven! Loving the smell already...

Continued luck and pixie dust pixiedust:, everyone! :grouphug: Maybe today.....:confused3

Jump4Joy8390 said:
Of all weekends, I lost my iphone on the train ride home on Friday :sad1:, so I've been basically "house bound" since then! I've got every computer in the house open to email, Disboards, Facebook, and Twitter, so I won't miss a thing! :rotfl:

Today, we are having our (Canadian) Thanksgiving dinner and I just put 2 pumpkin pies in the oven! Loving the smell already...

Continued luck and pixie dust pixiedust:, everyone! :grouphug: Maybe today.....:confused3

Oh no :0/ how annoying and frustrating. I hope you get a replacement soon.

That sounds nice never had pumpkin pie I am sure your house smells divine I have just baked oatmeal and raisin cookies. I can't smell them though as I am full of a cold :0(

There is a lot of love and pixie dust around here ;0) wish everyone luck and hope we find out soon x

Oh, I'm so sorry you lost your phone!!! I feel lost without mine when I forget it at home, I can't imagine how I'd be if I lost it!! Can you replace it soon? The worst part is the contacts and other stuff lost!! It's like losing your wallet!! Ugh!!!

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you!!! I hope you have a great day with family!! I love the smell of pumpkin!!!

Good luck to you too and to everyone else!!! Hopefully today will be the day!!!!

I guess we're all still waiting!! :coffee:

Does anyone know exactly how many they are accepting onto the panel? I'm just curious to know what my actual odds are. I know it's not great, but I'm just wondering! And do you know how many go onto round 2? Is it a lot?

Oh, and by the way, I finally changed my disboards name, so I'm back to square one with posts, so I can't change it myself on the official list, but you can certainly change it for me if you want. It was MWinKY and now it's MagicalPix.

Good luck to everyone!! :cheer2:

Yesterday we attended a family wedding which helped take my mind off things. We went cosmic bowling in between wedding & reception. My son with moderate autism (Aidan) was all dressed up (shirt & Mickey tie) and was DETERMINED to dance with me. My aspie has no social anxiety and is a dancing fool! I was really worried my feet would flare up & I wouldn't last long, but the second the dance floor opened up, Aidan took me by the hand and said "come on old girl."

Long story short, I DANCED MY FACE OFF ALLLLL NIGHT LONG:)!!! If someone would have told me six months ago I would dance all night, I would have never believed them. It was one of the happiest moments in my life- to have that much fun dancing with my boys.

Afterwards, I couldn't help but wonder what got in to me. Normally, I dance some, but not like last night. Then it dawned on me, I wanted my kids to experience dancing. Aidan would not have danced with anyone else, and I wanted that experience for him. I wanted my older son to dance with his mama and remember that I am crazy fun mama, not the shell of his mom that couldn't walk good for 3 years.

Last night was a turning point for me. It was the first time in three years I did not feel disabled. It makes me soooo excited for our WDW trip over Thanksgiving. We have had so many special moments there, and now I feel confident that I can keep up, ride rides, and make many more unforgettable memories!

I just wanted to share a story of hope and perseverance while we what for the possible. I wish we all could make it. I know no matter what happens for me I will keep on swimming:)

I'm going to tuck my phone away & try to enjoy the day and not check every 10 minutes!

Julie

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Yesterday we attended a family wedding which helped take my mind off things. We went cosmic bowling in between wedding & reception. My son with moderate autism (Aidan) was all dressed up (shirt & Mickey tie) and was DETERMINED to dance with me. My aspie has no social anxiety and is a dancing fool! I was really worried my feet would flare up & I wouldn't last long, but the second the dance floor opened up, Aidan took me by the hand and said "come on old girl."

Long story short, I DANCED MY FACE OFF ALLLLL NIGHT LONG:)!!! If someone would have told me six months ago I would dance all night, I would have never believed them. It was one of the happiest moments in my life- to have that much fun dancing with my boys.

Afterwards, I couldn't help but wonder what got in to me. Normally, I dance some, but not like last night. Then it dawned on me, I wanted my kids to experience dancing. Aidan would not have danced with anyone else, and I wanted that experience for him. I wanted my older son to dance with his mama and remember that I am crazy fun mama, not the shell of his mom that couldn't walk good for 3 years.

Last night was a turning point for me. It was the first time in three years I did not feel disabled. It makes me soooo excited for our WDW trip over Thanksgiving. We have had so many special moments there, and now I feel confident that I can keep up, ride rides, and make many more unforgettable memories!

I just wanted to share a story of hope and perseverance while we what for the possible. I wish we all could make it. I know no matter what happens for me I will keep on swimming:)

I'm going to tuck my phone away & try to enjoy the day and not check every 10 minutes!

Julie

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Julie - what a wonderful day! I can hear the excitement and happiness in your voice as you describe all you did yesterday. I am so glad for you that you were able to share such a fun occasion with your family. I know you must be beyond excited about your upcoming WDW trip and all the wonderful memories that you'll make there!

Oh no :0/ how annoying and frustrating. I hope you get a replacement soon.

Oh, I'm so sorry you lost your phone!!! I feel lost without mine when I forget it at home, I can't imagine how I'd be if I lost it!! Can you replace it soon? The worst part is the contacts and other stuff lost!! It's like losing your wallet!! Ugh!!!

Thanks for feeling my pain! I'm hoping to get my own phone back, actually. I know where I lost it, it fell down under my seat. It was funny because for the first 24 hours or so, I was able to track it using the "Find my iphone" app on my DH's phone! Battery must be dead because now it says it's "offline". I'll check with Lost and Found on Tuesday... Back to the waiting.....

Jump4Joy8390 said:
Thanks for feeling my pain! I'm hoping to get my own phone back, actually. I know where I lost it, it fell down under my seat. It was funny because for the first 24 hours or so, I was able to track it using the "Find my iphone" app on my DH's phone! Battery must be dead because now it says it's "offline". I'll check with Lost and Found on Tuesday... Back to the waiting.....

Oh well fingers crossed :0) lol find my phone is a gift from heaven.... The most useful tool relating to iPhones

MagicalPix said:
I guess we're all still waiting!! :coffee:

Does anyone know exactly how many they are accepting onto the panel? I'm just curious to know what my actual odds are. I know it's not great, but I'm just wondering! And do you know how many go onto round 2? Is it a lot?

Oh, and by the way, I finally changed my disboards name, so I'm back to square one with posts, so I can't change it myself on the official list, but you can certainly change it for me if you want. It was MWinKY and now it's MagicalPix.

Good luck to everyone!! :cheer2:

I was wondering the same thing, how many go to round 2? And how many go to round 3? Then actually how many get picked for each category??? Anybody know???

Every year it's different. Depending on who's leaving and what the needs are.

Last year they only took 1 rundisney applicant. I would expect them to add 2 more (ok, total guess in my part- lol!). I have no idea if they will but its becoming more popular every year do its not unheard of

I think only one mom from UK was taken they year I was a finalist.

They have taken 12 panelists or 20 + in the past. Just depends on need!

I believe there were 33 finalists in 2010 and were chosen. (But can't remember for sure, those are ballparks)

longhorns2 said:
Every year it's different. Depending on who's leaving and what the needs are.

Last year they only took 1 rundisney applicant. I would expect them to add 2 more (ok, total guess in my part- lol!). I have no idea if they will but its becoming more popular every year do its not unheard of

I think only one mom from UK was taken they year I was a finalist.

They have taken 12 panelists or 20 + in the past. Just depends on need!

I believe there were 33 finalists in 2010 and were chosen. (But can't remember for sure, those are ballparks)

Ok on phone. That didn't make sense! 33 and 12 were taken- ballpark figure

Going from the list on the first post from last year's thread:

There were 152 people who had accounts on the DisBoards who made it through to Round 2;

Of those 152, 19 were selected to move on to the Round 3 phone interviews;

And of those 19, 10 made the WDW Mom's Panel (and I believe there were 15 new Panelists overall).

As far as how many people total move on to Rounds 2 and 3, I have no idea; but you can see that 2/3 of the people who made the Panel last year were a part of our thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter