Amazing Adventures of the 2012 Disney Mom's Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously I feel like a Disney stalker. I keep checking my email and various other places to see if anyone has posted that they have heard. I typically don't get so crazy about things - maybe its just becuase I want this so bad.

Don't feel bad- we are all like that- espec as the weeks roll on. My best guess is next Tuesday afternoon we will receive notification re: R2.

Have an amazing weekend!! :goodvibes

OK...I am now definitely hoping we hear Wednesday afternoon....because I have a job interview Wednesday morning (for my "non-Disney dream job") and if we hear on Tuesday I'll be a basket case either way (if I make it or if I don't).

ACK!!!!:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

But if we hear Wednesday afternoon, I'll have time to cry it out or jump for joy without worrying about my job interview. :lmao:

Either way...I can't believe next week might be THE WEEK. I predict a lot of this :surfweb::surfweb::surfweb: early next week

:laughing:

You'll be fantastic!

I imagine this will be me, as soon as the first person announces they've gotten their email:
f5.gif

I have to agree that I love those special early moments in the parks when you have an early ADR and can stroll around with hardly another person in sight. It's fun having the place all to yourselves! :goodvibes Last trip we did this in both MK and Epcot, those are some of my favorite picks with just us in our happy place!

Also love relaxing at the end of the day to watch the evening shows...aaahhh, I need to get the next trip planned!

Happy waiting everyone, I hope you all have things to keep you so busy this weekend that the time will fly by to announcements next week!:woohoo:

Favorite time of day?

Any day that it rains at Animal Kingdom!!! :lmao::lmao:
A couple of years ago it rained BUCKETS for about 45 minutes. EVERYONE rushed indoors and the streets were empty. I took off my sandals and walked around, it was beautiful. Standing on the bridge, barefoot, looking out to Everest in the rain........... ahhhhhhhhhh.

Then I heard a CM yell "Princess, I know it feels good but you need to put your shoes back on" Buzz Kill. :lmao:

:rotfl2: I love this :goodvibes I also love how being called Princess makes everything sound so much nicer princess: Too funny!

Add me to the early morning list... I'm a lover of our Pooh mornings, magically empty streets, and the thrill of a whole day of excitement.

Happy Friday everyone!!! :wizard:

I know it's not Friday yet, but I thought of a QOTD and am super excited to ask it. I hope that's okay.:confused3

What is your favorite time of day at WDW?

This is our :love:thread and answering each others questions is all a part of the fun!:goodvibes

I have to really ponder this question a bit. I think anytime of day or night that I am fortunate enough to be spending in Disney is a favorite moment!:dance3:

I will admit that I love early mornings, before my group is up and making demands on me and my time. There is nothing like savoring a cup of hot coffee and dessert from the night before while sitting on the balcony over looking any part of a resort! Those few minutes are always Magical. It gives me the time to be thankful for all of my blessings!:cloud9:

Well I'm excited to answer it, my favorite time of day @ WDW is early morning. Opening my patio door at the POLY & listening to faint sounds of the day beginning, the rustling of my children while still asleep (thank GOD) and enjoying that all to quick cup of coffee with my hubby BEFORE ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE AND THE KIDS WAKE UP! LOL...:rotfl: The Morning time, because I have the whole day to explore my favorite place on earth!:wizard:

Hey, me, too!! Say, what are the odds on that one... :laughing: *pretty good, I'd say* :lmao: I love, love, love morning at the Poly! I get up early, get ready, head down to Kona for some coffee, and then I snap away with my camera as I weave my way through the beautiful grounds... The quiet sound of the ducks that like to follow you on your morning stroll, CM's cleaning the pool area with the hose..crazy, I know, but it's a peace-filled sight and sound sensory-palooza; it all whispers "you're really at Disney" to me. It's usually only 20 minutes or so before DS13 calls or locates me, but in that small window...it's heaven. :cloud9:

Oh gosh...that's a tough question. Hum.....what is my favorite time of the day at WDW? The first thing that popped into my head was "any time of the day". I'd much rather be at WDW than I would be at the office, at my house doing chores, etc. If I really put some thought into it, I'd say in the evening when we are all sitting down at a nice meal in one of the Disney parks or resorts and talking about what we did that day and what there is still left to do before the park closed.

QOTD: My favorite part of the day at WDW would have to be early mornings!:yay: I am an not an early riser, but there is something about being at the World that makes me hop out of bed in the morning! In 2010 I accidentally thought that MK was opening an hour earlier than it was, so we arrived 45 minutes early (on top of the hour earlier that I thought the park was opening) and decided to sit down and have a breakfast picnic.....OMG we were chosen as the Opening Family at Magic Kingdom!:yay: It happened to be my 29th birthday and it was amazing! One of the best days of my life!!!!:banana: You cannot even imagine what all we got to see and do.......I love mornings at Magic Kingdom!

So this has been my morning routine for the past two weeks...
3:00 AM-Wake up (no alarm, I just wake up) and check my email (via my phone which is on my nightstand). Heart beating wildly, shortness of breath...no round two message. I check the DIS Boards to make sure emails were not sent out. Get up, check my kids and then I lay in bed until 4:30 AM (which is when I have calmed down enough to go back to sleep). "Beep! Beep!" 6:20 AM. I have to get up for work. I grab my phone and check my email. Heart beating wildly, shortness of breath...no round two message. I check the DIS Boards to make sure emails were not sent out. 7:30 AM - I manage to get myself and the twins out the door and into the car. This is usually followed by a stop at Dunkin' Donuts because I had to bribe them with a chocolate frosted doughnut in order to get them dressed. 8:00 AM - I am on my way to work, sitting in traffic, again. I grab my phone and check my email. Heart beating wildly, shortness of breath...no round two message. I check the DIS Boards to make sure emails were not sent out. 8:40 AM- I arrive at work. I am exhausted. I hope I can survive another week....:surfweb:

The brilliant blue sky, the sun peeking out, the cry of the birds stalking the patrons of the Boardwalk bakery, the start of another magical day at WDW.

The shades of dusk, stars peeking out, the flickering of street lights, the changing hues of Cinderella's castle, a magical evening ahead.

These times are my absolute favorite at WDW. However, any time at WDW is my favorite.:)

Good day all..
I hope we all still have fingernails left!!! LOL
QOTD: hmmm... I would have to say the early evening....I love the way the shadows are cast on the floor, and the way the park seems calmer and more relaxed... Plus, the great parades and fireworks shows are coming up, so theres the anticipation for that!!!

So this has been my morning routine for the past two weeks...
3:00 AM-Wake up (no alarm, I just wake up) and check my email (via my phone which is on my nightstand). Heart beating wildly, shortness of breath...no round two message. I check the DIS Boards to make sure emails were not sent out. Get up, check my kids and then I lay in bed until 4:30 AM (which is when I have calmed down enough to go back to sleep). "Beep! Beep!" 6:20 AM. I have to get up for work. I grab my phone and check my email. Heart beating wildly, shortness of breath...no round two message. I check the DIS Boards to make sure emails were not sent out. 7:30 AM - I manage to get myself and the twins out the door and into the car. This is usually followed by a stop at Dunkin' Donuts because I had to bribe them with a chocolate frosted doughnut in order to get them dressed. 8:00 AM - I am on my way to work, sitting in traffic, again. I grab my phone and check my email. Heart beating wildly, shortness of breath...no round two message. I check the DIS Boards to make sure emails were not sent out. 8:40 AM- I arrive at work. I am exhausted. I hope I can survive another week....:surfweb:

Wishing you the best of luck and a little magic too that your dreams come true!:)

:goodvibes Good Morning to all. Just popping in to say hello. I've been busy helping my son with college applications and scholarship deadlines. This year has been so hectic and we still have many months to go. When I need a break, I let myself get caught up in the magic of Disney.

Wishing everyone continued luck in making it to the next round.:wizard:

This is EXACTLY what I have been consumed with! As you well know, the early action/decision materials are due November 1, so there are many balls in the air. My wish is that you get one more big PINK ball to add to the mix :laughing:

QOTD: Morning, noon or night- each offers something special and magical at WDW. I can't choose!! :goodvibes

Hi everyone. WOW, this thread has blown up since I last visited! I took a spur of the moment trip with my mom down to WDW for the Mom's Panel Meet & Greet and the 40th anniversary of the Magic Kingdom and it was awesome! It was really fun to meet some of the DISers that were there along with a few people I've been "virtual friends" with for a while!

The thing that stood out to me having attended the MP M&G was the real sense of family that lingered in the room because of the MP connections. The MP seemed like the first thing that united most of the panelists but then they have made additional connections with their hearts and lives. I had the chance to meet a few of the moms that I have been getting to know over the last year and that was truly special. Also, once you'd meet one mom, they'd say, "have you met _______ yet? You have got to meet her/him!". That was also a testimony to their love for one another. The MP is already attractive and this made me want to be a part of that community even more (if that's possible)!

Finally, I don't know what types of "special events" you've attended over the years but if you've never attended a Disney Special Event, you MUST in the future! In true Disney fashion there were beautiful decorations, amazing food, fun entertainment, dynamic people and a few surprises (Donald & Daisy showed up for pictures with everyone). To say it was "special" downgrades it in my mind. :) Next year you should try to get there too! I am hoping (with all of you) to be one of the moms in the pink shirts greeting others.

Round 1 emails shouldn't be long now....

QOTD: My favorite part of the day at WDW would have to be early mornings!:yay: I am an not an early riser, but there is something about being at the World that makes me hop out of bed in the morning! In 2010 I accidentally thought that MK was opening an hour earlier than it was, so we arrived 45 minutes early (on top of the hour earlier that I thought the park was opening) and decided to sit down and have a breakfast picnic.....OMG we were chosen as the Opening Family at Magic Kingdom!:yay: It happened to be my 29th birthday and it was amazing! One of the best days of my life!!!!:banana: You cannot even imagine what all we got to see and do.......I love mornings at Magic Kingdom!

So the early bird does catch the worm...I mean, gets picked as the opening family! What a fabulous birthday present!

QOTD: My favorite part of the day is whenever my kids utter the phrase, "This is the Best. Day Ever!" (usually happens later in the day and not early morning-go figure) Because I know that Disney is becoming imbedded in the fabric of their lives and because they are right-days don't get much better than at the Happiest Place on Earth:wizard:

Sorry to hear about the missing 'scary'. However, a quick way to fix it may be to use a fabric marker and just write the word scary on the bag ... particularly in eerie-looking letters! Depending on your material and the spacing of the words, it may look pretty cool -- like you planned it!

I know you are leaving soon, so have a great trip! And if anyone notices, it'll be a great conversation starter and good laughs!!

Just passed through Auburn. War Eagle!!! We are on our way!! I like this idea. I did get to run by Michaels and pick up another bag. I printed the iron-on and brought it with me.

It was kind of funny last night. My seven year old looked at it and went Mickeys Not So Sc . . . She said Huh and then started laughing. :rotfl2:

Just passed through Auburn. War Eagle!!! We are on our way!! I like this idea. I did get to run by Michaels and pick up another bag. I printed the iron-on and brought it with me.

It was kind of funny last night. My seven year old looked at it and went Mickeys Not So Sc . . . She said Huh and then started laughing. :rotfl2:

War Eagle!!! Have an awesome time! I'm glad you got a little scary for your bag too :thumbsup2 However the Not so Halloween is pretty hysterical :rotfl2:

:goodvibesThe countdown is officially on, and as we near closer to the round two announcement I think we are all getting a little bit more tense!
It is Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada this weekend, and I have fewer plans than normal as my husband is out of town for work. So, because of that I am sure the time between now and Tuesday...or whenever the announcement is made will seem like an eternity. But, that being said, thank you to all of the friendly, helpful people on here for making the time that much more tollerable. And, I guess, if I am really desperate for something to do I could do some...:laundy:
Happy Weekend Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter