• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amazing Adventures of the 2012 Disney Mom's Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
QOTD for Thursday:
When you receive your acceptance email,:thumbsup2:woohoo::yay: who will be the first person with whom you will share your fantastic news?:dance3:

YOU GUYS! My husband is really the only person I've spoken to about applying, and I know he'd be happy for me to make it through, but not quite in the same way as those of you I've been chatting with over the past couple weeks.

I definitely think the order will be: Disboards, Twitter, Husband, haha.

I will probably announce it to my group of girlfriends on FB first and then here. I will probably tell my mom, too.

QOTD for Thursday:
When you receive your acceptance email,:thumbsup2:woohoo::yay: who will be the first person with whom you will share your fantastic news?:dance3:

I love this question! I will have to think about it.

I will probably just be shouting and screaming and whoever is closest will find out. I homeschool so it will probably be my baby boy. (11 years old) :littleangel:
But on purpose who will I tell.......

I love the positive vibes from this question.

Has anyone tried to access the Disney website to view hotels and packages tonight? It's not working for me and that makes me sad because I am trying to plan my son's 4th birthday trip.:sad1:

Suzi, You are most welcome. I enjoy being the keeper of the thread. :)
QOTD for Thursday:

WHOMEVER is around first--Sorry I don't discriminate!:lmao: the mail lady, UPS, fedex, kids bus driver, grocery attendant, dog, cat, fish, parakeet, hermit crab, our tutle that ran away from home, crazy neighbor down the street (we all have a weird one, right)oh yeah hubby, kids, parents & of course y'all! Literally it depends on who I'm around & when I find out.....Because everyone knows I've applied & how special Disney is to me!:wizard:

Has anyone tried to access the Disney website to view hotels and packages tonight? It's not working for me and that makes me sad because I am trying to plan my son's 4th birthday trip.:sad1:

I just put in some random dates and the site is working for me. Sorry you are having trouble with it. How exciting to be planning your son's 4th birthday trip! I bet you will have a blast! :goodvibes

I just tried & its working fine! Good luck in planning his special birthday trip!:thumbsup2

I tried it on Firefox and it works. Apparently Disney, my computer and Google Chrome are against each other tonight lol

I should have added that I found the inspiration to actually start my blog from several of the moms panelists. I think it is fairly well know that many of them blog. I "talked" with some of them, gathered information, took their encouragement (even from the Pink Princess herself :-) and made the plunge! If I get nothing else from all of this I will still feel I have accomplished something worthwhile :-)

Suz

In the past, they've also emailed something telling you that you did NOT make it & your info for Mickey Moms Club! :cool1:

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the Mickey Moms Club? I see it in some of your signatures, but when I go there, it takes me to the Mom's Panel itself.

QOTD for Thursday:

Well, if I get a positive email (next week) :scared1::scared1::scared1:, I will call my DH first and tell him. Then I'll tell the Magical DIS Waiting Room, and then Twitter and Facebook. (The rest of my family can wait :rotfl:)

...If I don't get good news, the "order" will remain the same, but I'll then probably hide under the covers for a few days. :sad1:

Happy Thursday all!!! :grouphug:

QOTD for Thursday:

Great question!

I homeschool so it will probably be my baby boy. (11 years old) :littleangel:

Ticofan, I homeschool, too, and I was thinking the same thing! :thumbsup2 I'd probably start tearing up at the sight of the email and my DS11 and DD8, assuming we find out in the morning, would wonder what was going on. I think school would probably be out the window for the rest of that day! :rotfl: I'm quite sure I'd offer a quiet "thank you" prayer, and then I'd, of course, tell them and it'd get noisy! I'd definitely hit up my friends, Dawn and Jen, who have made this journey with me before - friends I first met on 2010 MP thread; I bet it's hard to fit that kind of excitement into 140 characters! :tigger: My DH, our MP thread, and my DS13 when I picked him up from school. After that, I'm with Dawn! :yay:

WHOMEVER is around first--Sorry I don't discriminate!:lmao: the mail lady, UPS, fedex, kids bus driver, grocery attendant, dog, cat, fish, parakeet, hermit crab, our tutle that ran away from home, crazy neighbor down the street (we all have a weird one, right)oh yeah hubby, kids, parents & of course y'all! Literally it depends on who I'm around & when I find out.....Because everyone knows I've applied & how special Disney is to me!:wizard:

Baby, you're the greatest! :lmao:

HI! I didn't run the Half last year, but I did read the critiques. I did not see any bottlenecks, and the lines for food/drink were not crazy long. So sorry to hear about your injury!! :sad2: Do you need a good PT?! :laughing:

Oh, good. I'm glad that they have made some improvements!! You could tell Disney knew they messed things up last year when they were offering a whole lot of "freebies" with this year's registration. Maybe next year, I'll do it again....provided I do not have any unplanned injuries :rotfl:

Was this your first disney run or have you done others? I REALLY want to do the princess half in Feb with my sister. I just have to find someone to come with me to take care of Baby Girl while I run. DH has to stay with the other kids and I can't leave baby for that long since I'll still be Bfing. Hopefully I can rope someone into coming with.....

QOTD: I never thought about who I would tell first.........I think I would tell my pal DIZKRAZKATE first followed by my DS11(he has been extremely supportive) and all of you. DH doesn't really get it...he'd be supportive bcuz that is how he is, but his lack of enthusiasm would bug me.

Have a good day

Good morning everyone! I hope you all are having a wonderful day so far!!

QOTD: I will definitely tell DH and DD first, followed by my parents and then DH's parents. DH and DD are my biggest cheerleaders and have listened to me go on and on about the Moms Panel for years!

Good Morning!
QOTD: I will be telling DS first since we are together all day but at 14 months i'm not sure i'll get the response i'm looking for :rotfl:
After him I will be calling up DH at work and screaming through the phone! Then i'll have to text my parents since they are dis lovers too!

Morning! I'm like logpey....I'm going to tell the first person I see. Then, I'll send text messages to everybody in my phone's contact list.

My snarky, pre-coffee answer to the QOTD was along the lines of "First, I'll tell everyone else in the nursing home. Then I'll start calling the great-grandkids, etc". Thanks to the wonders of caffeine and various Disney-themed channels on Live365, I'm changing my answer to "whomever happens to be closest is going to hear first."

Heck, people on the other side of town might be able to hear my cries of joy. :)

Absolutely the first person will be whoever is closest! I believe that the email will come out while I'm working so I'm guessing my partners (law enforcement partners) will be first. Then probably Dis, Facebook, twitter. Husband and mom will be next via phone. My favorite announcement would be to my DD5 and I'll wait to tell her in person!!

Answering this question has given me major butterflies...and I love it!!

I can't wait until some of us actually get to experience it! :banana:

I'll call DH first. Other than him only my in laws know I applied and that's because they were in WDW with us the week of the application period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter