Amazing Adventures of the 2012 Disney Mom's Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
*grabs soapbox* Raising confident, secure, inspired kids hits me right in my wheelhouse. I can't even imagine tying a millstone of defeat around a child's neck before they even have a chance to know who they really are or to see what they really are capable of doing. We are all capable of the extraordinary. How tragic when opportunities are cut off before you even knew they where there. I feel badly, too, for those dear ladies who have endured the experiences that helped to define them in such a way that they accept those notions as reality.

I completely agree. I can't imagine raising kids to expect disappointment. I'm sure all parents deal with the decision of when do you stop letting the kids win at games, but there's nothing like the pride on both sides when a kid really does win on his or her own! I worried that I was letting my daughter face reality too early when I let her audition for the church musical at 6 years old. I now realize that I probably would have been more disappointed than she would have been if she didn't make it. But a year and two productions later, she is having a fantastic time, and meeting some wonderful new friends. (I still haven't had to face the disappointment question, though, since she's never been rejected yet! Just got another show acceptance by email this morning!)
:banana:

I've loved hearing about everyone's Disney holiday (and everyday) decor! My daughter's room was entirely Mickey, until she decided she wanted Princesses. So Mickey moved, lock, stock, and shower curtain, to the guest room, and now we have two Disney themed rooms! :dance3:

I became a little disheartened today when I shared my Mom's Panel dream with friends at work. I asked the group of women that I eat lunch with, "Have you ever wanted something so badly that you can feel it in your bones?" They all said, "No." I couldn't believe it!:confused3 One friend said that she raises her kids to believe that "life is ninety-nine percent disappointment." Another friend tells her kids, "Don't expect anything, because then you won't be disappointed." Finally, another friend told me that getting on the Mom's Panel is like winning the lottery, so I should not get my hopes up. Believe me, I have had my share of disappointments and hurts in my life, but I would never say that my life is mostly disappointing. So I was thinking about all of you and how many of you have been disappointed and are applying for the Mom's Panel for the second, third and even fourth time; you all have faith in your dreams! I think that is what sets us apart from most people; we "dare to dream!" Even if we don't make it onto the Panel, at least we tried and will try again and we will keep dreaming! So kudos to all of us!:thumbsup2 Where would we be now if Walt Disney gave up on his dreams? Look at all we have gained by dreaming and wishing; that is the Disney difference.pixiedust:::MickeyMo

Wow! That might be the saddest thing I have ever heard. :sad1: A few weeks ago, I had a major disappointment and as I sat in the drs office, my doctor (who is a good friend) said to me "it going to be okay, you are a bouncer" what? he said "you know, you bounce back- you love life and everything about it, you will get through this!" In the car ride home, my husband and I started talking and I realized how lucky I am to even have dreams about something like the Disney Moms Panel. There are so many people in the world who don't have time, ability or support to follow their dreams! No matter what happens, I am happy to have the self confidence to go after my passion:love:....and I am sooo lucky to have friends and family who support me!

Also- above my front door is a sign that says "fairy tales do come true" and that is the way I teach my children to live life! :cheer2:

Got home late last night from a whirlwind WDW trip.

The Meet-Up and Eat-Up with Jeff Galloway was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! If you are a runner, I suggest you tune into the Disney Parks Blog about a week before your next runDisney race- don't miss the chance to run with Jeff!! (In fact, my photo is on the Disney Parks Blog today :cool1:)

The Wine & Dine Half Marathon was incredible, but the purely magical highlight of the long weekend was meeting THE PINK LADIES ROYALE. They are just as warm, down to earth and welcoming as you imagine them to be. pixiedust: I was honored to be in their company- even if for a short time! :lovestruc Meeting Laura Spencer, after following her meteoric rise through the Disney Company, was so special; she is a star!!

I must say, it feels comforting to be back amongst the "Hopefuls"- we all understand these emotions so well :grouphug: Again, we're all in this together.

That is so awesome you were able to meet up with Jeff!! So jealous :)
Did you run the w&d half last year? I am curious to see how this year compared to last year? It seemed like Disney made some important changes. DH and I ran it last year, but decided not to do it this year (thank goodness I didnt bcuz I am recovering from a broken foot and two broken ribs, ribs result of running the Dirty Girl on the broken foot. I would have pushed myself if I would have registered for the half......we did the family 5k with my dad and two DS's. I had to "run" in my boot :(

Totally off topic...... for those of you who have your own blog....what inspired you to start one? how did you start one? what kind of following do you get?
I feel like I am the only one without a blog (especially after going to the Moms Meet last Sat)....but I can't imagine that I have anything to say that any one would WANT to read or follow, KWIM? But on the other hand, I feel like I might be missing out on something by not having one....

Okay....sorry for the early morning crazies :) Guess I need a bit more coffee. Going to attempt to go gocery shopping for the first time in 6 weeks by myself this morning...wish me luck. I think I am finally on the mend!!!

Totally off topic...... for those of you who have your own blog....what inspired you to start one? how did you start one? what kind of following do you get? I feel like I am the only one without a blog (especially after going to the Moms Meet last Sat)....but I can't imagine that I have anything to say that any one would WANT to read or follow, KWIM? But on the other hand, I feel like I might be missing out on something by not having one....

Good morning!! Oh my good...a broken foot and broken ribs and you still ran the 5K??? You are my hero! :goodvibes

OK, on to the blog question. I actually have 3 blogs (but only 1 is truly "active"...the other 2 are rarely updated..not sure why I thought I needed 3 blogs :rotfl2:). Anyway...I started blogging six years ago because I love to write and needed "an outlet" for my thoughts. And so, 'the view from my fishbowl' was born. I figured no one read what I wrote, other than my mom and dad and a few friends, but I quickly found other bloggers and we all started following each other and suddenly people were commenting on my thoughts. :rotfl:

I think writing and maintaining a blog is a personal choice. If you want a place to write down your thoughts and don't mind other people reading them, then I say "go for it!" .. you never know where it might lead. I tend to blog when the urge hits me and my 'niche' is whatever is on my mind that day ... Disney, motherhood, marriage, life in general, social media.

Hope that helps ;)

Totally off topic...... for those of you who have your own blog....what inspired you to start one? how did you start one? what kind of following do you get?
I feel like I am the only one without a blog (especially after going to the Moms Meet last Sat)....but I can't imagine that I have anything to say that any one would WANT to read or follow, KWIM? But on the other hand, I feel like I might be missing out on something by not having one....

Okay....sorry for the early morning crazies :) Guess I need a bit more coffee. Going to attempt to go gocery shopping for the first time in 6 weeks by myself this morning...wish me luck. I think I am finally on the mend!!!

I don't blog either! My kids are 4 and 13 mos, I work full time and my commute from Melbourne to CCAFS is an hour each way. I Facebook a LOT but I just don't have time to blog. I did it for a while when my first was little but I just don't have the energy at this juncture. I probably will someday, though. It's amazing how seemingly interesting everyone else's life is in comparison to my own...but the grass is always greener, right?

And as for the Negative Nellies out there, I agree that Walt Disney was an amazing optimist. I want my kids to believe in the impossible. Working so close to the heart of NASA, I see dreams come forth in reality every day. Heck, the first Apollo missions launched literally down the street from my office. If you can dream it, you can do it!

What I love about this group is that you all remind me of my sorority sisters. Encouraging, faithful and genuine to one another. Great traits in parents raising kids. It's ok to let them lose, but teach them to work hard and have the belief that they can win!

I finally found a way to get some relief for my DMP application preoccupation... DH gave the go ahead to book & plan our January vacation. I just got off the phone with Disney Travel.

It's official: I AM GOING TO DISNEY WORLD :smickey:

Yes, planning a trip to Disney is the best-est!! A great cure for whatever ails you and even for what does not!

We are going in January, too. When are you going and where are you staying? We'll be there the last week and staying at OKW! This is our first time staying a full week in January...I've been for 2 days many years ago. Cooler but love the "no crowds"!!

I don't blog either! My kids are 4 and 13 mos, I work full time and my commute from Melbourne to CCAFS is an hour each way. I Facebook a LOT but I just don't have time to blog. I did it for a while when my first was little but I just don't have the energy at this juncture. I probably will someday, though. It's amazing how seemingly interesting everyone else's life is in comparison to my own...but the grass is always greener, right?

My Kids are 11,7,6,3, and 4 months (I'm sure you saw her at the moms meet on sat...bald baby..pink princess dress..super adorable :) )

I, too, think everyone else's lives seem so much more interesting than my own...but never a dull moment here, that is for sure.

Good morning!! Oh my good...a broken foot and broken ribs and you still ran the 5K??? You are my hero! :goodvibes

I don't know if hero is the right word...crazy..insane...those might be more fitting. Any SANE person would have just quietly picked up her tshirt and race packet and slept in on race day...no no..not I...it's like a sickness. It's how I broke my ribs. If I had just skipped that Dirty Girl Mud Run..I would have only had a broken foot...but no no...I had to do it anyways. BTW..broken ribs are the WORST!!!

I'm so super excited for all of you starting and planning vacations right now :yay: I don't think 2012 has a DIS vacation in the cards for us. We are averaging every other year currently although I do have us set up for the dvc at Hilton Head for my birthday which I'm excited about! My husband did make a call to me this am though and said he was looking at the RUN Disney info :woohoo: :thumbsup2 :cool1: Soooo maybe we can work something in sooner than later!

I've been addicted to blogging since 05 when our fam moved to Hawaii however I've kept it per invite due to the nature. It's more of a personal conversation with a limited 50 friends and fam at the moment. It's been so much fun to sit down and see our kids grow through pictures just by purusing our blog. I'd definitely recommend it as an outlet :thumbsup2 I've been looking at this and that blog for so long and decided on a whim to go ahead and start a public one... there are so many things to say and even if I'm the only one that looks back one day thats ok. I know from our other that's enough for me :goodvibes It looks kind of sad and sparse now but it will grow with time. Seriously- first post went up last night! ;)

I'm also excited for everyone who is currently planning Disney vacations! I am slowly convincing my husband that travelling to Disneyland for my birthday next year is a good idea! I need to find some spare time to really work out the numbers and see what the bottom line would be. Neither of us have visited the West Coast before, so I know we'd want to spend some additional non-Disney time there as well. Keeping my fingers crossed I will be able to make it work!

And as for the Negative Nellies out there, I agree that Walt Disney was an amazing optimist. I want my kids to believe in the impossible. Working so close to the heart of NASA, I see dreams come forth in reality every day. Heck, the first Apollo missions launched literally down the street from my office. If you can dream it, you can do it!

What I love about this group is that you all remind me of my sorority sisters. Encouraging, faithful and genuine to one another. Great traits in parents raising kids. It's ok to let them lose, but teach them to work hard and have the belief that they can win!

Ha ha!! "Negative Nellies" ... LOVE that !!!

Negativity is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I love it here! :flower3:

I'm also excited for everyone who is currently planning Disney vacations! I am slowly convincing my husband that travelling to Disneyland for my birthday next year is a good idea! I need to find some spare time to really work out the numbers and see what the bottom line would be. Neither of us have visited the West Coast before, so I know we'd want to spend some additional non-Disney time there as well. Keeping my fingers crossed I will be able to make it work!

We went to Disneyland for the first time this past year. So amazing. Having knowledge of how Disney travel works comes in handy, but there were so many other things to plan and do as well.

We spent about 5 days at the Disneyland Resort, but we also went to Malibu. My SIL works at WB (yes the competition, :eek:) but I did get VIP passes to a taping of The Ellen Show. So much fun!

I know you will enjoy your first trip to Disneyland. And the DMP will have DLR experts this year. How I would have loved the DMP to help me plan my first Disneyland vacation!:wizard:

Good Day all! The weather is finally changing outside! That means something special is coming soon, like Round 2 emails! Last year Laura did hint on Twitter that something was about to happen, right before "the" email's came out. In the past, they've also emailed something telling you that you did NOT make it & your info for Mickey Moms Club! :cool1:

Have a great hump Day!:wizard:

I have a blog I post to about twice a week: The Disney Lifestyle Blog

It took me a few tries to get it right. I just like to write, and I love Disney, so it made sense to go in that direction. Sometimes I talk about Disney news. Sometimes I blog about Disney experiences and memories.

I like the WordPress platform, but Google Blogger is simple as well...

Are you missing out by not blogging - only you can answer that. If you feel you have something inside you to express. Go for it! The Disney community is so supportive. I cannot think of another niche that is so welcoming. Other industries seem to have rival bloggers, but with Disney, it is all good. New bloggers are treated like new members of the family.

My blogging philosophy is "Keep it Simple, Keep it Fun!" :cheer2:

*grabs soapbox* Raising confident, secure, inspired kids hits me right in my wheelhouse. I can't even imagine tying a So, keep hangin' on, magicalmickeymom, tracileigh, suey, logpey and all the rest! Keep dreaming! I love that our group is filled with people who can see the seemingly impossible as completely possible! :yay:

Beautifully written, friend & fellow tweety! Have a great day!:cool1:

Here is the question from the application:

5. True or False – The Pirates League is an interactive experience at Downtown Disney Marketplace where Guests can be transformed into a member of Captain Jack Sparrow's crew, complete with a new pirate name, pirate makeup and fun accessories like pirate beards, eye patches and earrings.
If your knowledge is of Disneyland Resort, please select "Not Applicable" below.

Thank you so much Twende for that exact question. I could not remember any of it. It seems like such a blur. :goodvibes

I just had to tell someone that.....

I'm going to Disney World!

Since we have APs already purchased and points left for our DVC, we are going in March for DDs 12th birthday. And, this trip is a complete and total surprise. No one knows about it except for my DH. :banana: We took DD to HDDR when she was six, and she's talked about it ever since. She will be :cloud9: when we take her to dinner there on her birthday. This trip is going to be about fewer rope drops and rushing to the rides, and more about focusing on the little things as a family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter