Amazing Adventures of the 2012 Disney Mom's Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
pluto: pluto: Jumping in to answer the QOTD: We have 2 Bichons Frise doggies. One is Sophia (after Sophia Loren, who did have a role in Cars 2). Our male is named Phineas. pluto: pluto:

I became a little disheartened today when I shared my Mom's Panel dream with friends at work. I asked the group of women that I eat lunch with, "Have you ever wanted something so badly that you can feel it in your bones?" They all said, "No." I couldn't believe it!:confused3 One friend said that she raises her kids to believe that "life is ninety-nine percent disappointment." Another friend tells her kids, "Don't expect anything, because then you won't be disappointed." Finally, another friend told me that getting on the Mom's Panel is like winning the lottery, so I should not get my hopes up. Believe me, I have had my share of disappointments and hurts in my life, but I would never say that my life is mostly disappointing. So I was thinking about all of you and how many of you have been disappointed and are applying for the Mom's Panel for the second, third and even fourth time; you all have faith in your dreams! I think that is what sets us apart from most people; we "dare to dream!" Even if we don't make it onto the Panel, at least we tried and will try again and we will keep dreaming! So kudos to all of us!:thumbsup2 Where would we be now if Walt Disney gave up on his dreams? Look at all we have gained by dreaming and wishing; that is the Disney difference.pixiedust:::MickeyMo
What a terrible way to view life! I've always thought you should reach for the stars and just dust yourself off when you fall trying. If the mom's panel isn't in my future I'll just apply again. Just the application process so far has given me so much...I've been daydreaming Disney for a month now (which is my favorite pasttime). :)

I finally found a way to get some relief for my DMP application preoccupation... DH gave the go ahead to book & plan our January vacation. I just got off the phone with Disney Travel.

It's official: I AM GOING TO DISNEY WORLD :smickey:

I became a little disheartened today when I shared my Mom's Panel dream with friends at work. I asked the group of women that I eat lunch with, "Have you ever wanted something so badly that you can feel it in your bones?" They all said, "No." I couldn't believe it!:confused3 One friend said that she raises her kids to believe that "life is ninety-nine percent disappointment." Another friend tells her kids, "Don't expect anything, because then you won't be disappointed." Finally, another friend told me that getting on the Mom's Panel is like winning the lottery, so I should not get my hopes up. Believe me, I have had my share of disappointments and hurts in my life, but I would never say that my life is mostly disappointing. So I was thinking about all of you and how many of you have been disappointed and are applying for the Mom's Panel for the second, third and even fourth time; you all have faith in your dreams! I think that is what sets us apart from most people; we "dare to dream!" Even if we don't make it onto the Panel, at least we tried and will try again and we will keep dreaming! So kudos to all of us!:thumbsup2 Where would we be now if Walt Disney gave up on his dreams? Look at all we have gained by dreaming and wishing; that is the Disney difference.pixiedust:::MickeyMo

I have found that it's best to not try to explain to most why the Moms Panel means so much to me (the non-Disney people certainly don't understand...LOL). Heck, my own parents don't understand what it means to me. My husband...he gets it. :goodvibes

Back in 2009 I blogged about what the Moms Panel meant to me and why this was MY dream. If you want to read about it, you can click here.

Last year when I didn't make it to round 2, I blogged again about how I equated the Moms Panel to being my "glass slipper" and how someday I hoped it would "fit." (If you want to read this, click here)

The Moms Panel means so many things to so many people, but first and foremost it is OUR DREAM. And as long as we all keep believing that someday that glass slipper WILL fit...well, a dream IS a wish your heart makes.

And, I just wanted to let you all know that I absolutely LOVE being part of this waiting room with all of you

:grouphug:

Here's to Disney dreams tonight!

And a whole lot of this :surfweb::surfweb::surfweb: tomorrow :)

Faith, trust and pixie dust.

Our golden retriever, Katy, was born on 1/24/08. That morning we were in Disney World and ate breakfast with the princesses in Norway. Katy's "official paper name" is Princess Katy Disney Heisler in honor of where we were when she was born. Of course she has a collar from WDW that is pink and has princess crowns and mickey heads on it!

AfterWDW.jpg

I totally agree with Tracy... It can be hard for others to understand this process and why it means so much, especially as it means something different to each one of us. Hang in there, and know that we all "get it" and we are all in this magical waiting room together.

:cheer2: No worries. We will be your cheerleaders! :cheer2:

I think I exceeded my 100 words or less!! :rotfl2:
Its ok! I loved your story.

Chip is my favorite. I lived in Brazil for awhile and speak Portuguese. Chip and Dale are called Tico and Teco in Brazil. That is why my name is Ticofan!!

Chip and Dale have always been my favorite Disney characters (except maybe Mickey).

I am glad you still have Chip! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Look at all we have gained by dreaming and wishing; that is the Disney difference.pixiedust:::MickeyMo

Well said... I'd hate to go through life being so negative. Magic, love, Dreams :thumbsup2 Go for it!

I finally found a way to get some relief for my DMP application preoccupation... DH gave the go ahead to book & plan our January vacation. I just got off the phone with Disney Travel.

It's official: I AM GOING TO DISNEY WORLD :smickey:
:banana::banana::banana:

Our golden retriever, Katy, was born on 1/24/08. That morning we were in Disney World and ate breakfast with the princesses in Norway. Katy's "official paper name" is Princess Katy Disney Heisler in honor of where we were when she was born. Of course she has a collar from WDW that is pink and has princess crowns and mickey heads on it!

Love goldens and she is precious! (both my girls have those pj pants being modeled too :goodvibes)

Hope everyone has a wonderful night :wizard:

This made me feel sad! I must admit being around negative people makes me feel quite poorly. I love being with passionate people - it doesn't matter what they are passionate about!!!, enthusiasm and excitement about life and dreams, is infectious. I strongly believe that you will be whatever you think you will be - so positive, happy, aspiring people will be just that. Negative, moody, depressive people who expect the worst all the time, will get just that.

I have applied for the Moms Panel since the first year. Twice I have made the final telephone interview (although on the second occasion I had to withdraw for personal reasons - you can search for the whole story on here if you want to know, I don't wish to go on about it again), and last year I made it to the semi-finals (Round 2). I will admit to being really devastated last year, and cried way too many tears (but that's just me !!! I cry for any occasion, happy, sad, and anything inbetween :rotfl:!!!!), but I will not be knocked down forever (although at the time, I did think that would be it, for me). I can't resist!! I love the Moms Panel, have done since Day One. Realistically I know the odds are against every one of us, but I am such a dreamer that I hope I will make it one day :goodvibes If I don't, then I've got a lovely family, a lovely life, and more fantastic WDW holidays to look forward to.

As for being a Disney "Geek" ....some of my friends get it, some really don't...but they are my friends so they let me get on with it !!! Most important, my DH and DS are with me all the way.

Sorry for going on...and on.....
enjoy your Wednesday everyone :cool1:

Good morning DISers!!!

So, I had a dream last night that next Tuesday is THE DAY. :scared1:

:rolleyes1:eek::rolleyes1:eek:

I woke up in a mild panic. :rotfl:

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday :banana:

Good morning DISers!!!

So, I had a dream last night that next Tuesday is THE DAY. :scared1:

:rolleyes1:eek::rolleyes1:eek:

I woke up in a mild panic. :rotfl:

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday :banana:

Seems like a realistic estimate. I predict the 13th, but I certainly would welcome news much sooner! :smickey:

Haha, maybe it's about time we start doing a pool where everyone guesses what date/time they think the emails will go out.

I will go with 10/13/2011, 2:35 PM EST

One friend said that she raises her kids to believe that "life is ninety-nine percent disappointment." Another friend tells her kids, "Don't expect anything, because then you won't be disappointed."

*grabs soapbox* Raising confident, secure, inspired kids hits me right in my wheelhouse. I can't even imagine tying a millstone of defeat around a child's neck before they even have a chance to know who they really are or to see what they really are capable of doing. We are all capable of the extraordinary. How tragic when opportunities are cut off before you even knew they where there. I feel badly, too, for those dear ladies who have endured the experiences that helped to define them in such a way that they accept those notions as reality.

Thank goodness we here in the Magical Waiting Room fully know that dreaming is good. ::yes:: We are among those who carry "reaching for the stars" in our hearts. :lovestruc I think today, I dedicate this to you. :)

"You, beautiful one, are an answer, not a problem and we need both you and your contribution. May these words help facilitate what you need to begin to see your life enlarged on every level. May the God-gifted treasure within you flourish as you find your voice and place..." (forward from Nurture) :flower3:

So, keep hangin' on, magicalmickeymom, tracileigh, suey, logpey and all the rest! Keep dreaming! I love that our group is filled with people who can see the seemingly impossible as completely possible! :yay:

This made me feel sad! I must admit being around negative people makes me feel quite poorly. I love being with passionate people - it doesn't matter what they are passionate about!!!, enthusiasm and excitement about life and dreams, is infectious. I strongly believe that you will be whatever you think you will be - so positive, happy, aspiring people will be just that.

Well said!! :goodvibes

I love that our group is filled with people who can see the seemingly impossible as completely possible! :yay:

disneymumma, Nice thought to start the day! :grouphug:

Remember what Cinderella sang...
Have faith in your dreams and someday, your rainbow will come smiling through :butterfly

That's how I want my kids to look at life! :thumbsup2

Its ok! I loved your story.

Chip is my favorite. I lived in Brazil for awhile and speak Portuguese. Chip and Dale are called Tico and Teco in Brazil. That is why my name is Ticofan!!

Chip and Dale have always been my favorite Disney characters (except maybe Mickey).

I am glad you still have Chip! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Thanks!! He is very special to all of us. His other name is Houdini!! If we leave the doors unlocked, he comes into the house. Anyone know how I can teach him to close the door???:confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter