Not open for further replies.
And....exhale.

Application submitted.
Confirmation email received.

Now....time to wait.
And wait.
:surfweb:popcorn:::surfweb:popcorn::

I'm so happy to be here with all of you!!! :grouphug:

WHEW! I am so glad it wasn't just me! Well...hopefully our short and sweet application turns out to be a good thing!

Amen to that! In the years past, I read, re-read and triple read my answers before submitting my application. For some reason, this year, I didn't fret over my answers as much.

Amen to that! In the years past, I read, re-read and triple read my answers before submitting my application. For some reason, this year, I didn't fret over my answers as much.

I didn't, either. :) If I don't make it on to the second round, oh well. No big deal. :)

This is my first year applying but I really did feel like the questions were super simple and I didn't stress out too much either. But, now I am nervous about my lack of answers, lol. I guess if it was meant to be then it will all work out! You guys weren't kidding when you said the waiting is the hardest part - and its only been two hours! :confused:

Am I the only one who is slightly confused by the following question:

I love the below resort at either Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resort because (finish the question in 100 words or less):

Are they wanting us to name any resort hotel and explains why it is a great options?

I'm so excited to be *done* with my application, haha! But the most exciting thing is that this is actually the first year I've received a confirmation email. The past two years, while I've gotten the confirmation page, the email has never appeared. After I was unable to get to the Mickey Mom's page, I finally called and found out there were several accounts associated with my email--created by kids playing Disney games online!~ So I straightened it out, and now it's just me.

Hope everyone enjoys the wait as much as the anticipation -- :rotfl2:
Why is that sooooo hard?!?

And also, I was very excited to see we had a hard and fast date to hear whether or not we moved on ... and then saw that most of the experts around here are saying that's probably not quite right; we'll hear about the first round sometime mid-October, and the Nov. 15th (?) date is probably for announcement of the Panelists. Am I reading you all correctly?

Hope everyone has a great day!

I love the below resort at either Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resort because (finish the question in 100 words or less):

Are they wanting us to name any resort hotel and explains why it is a great options?

I took it to mean that they wanted us to name a specific Disney resort and tell them why we loved it. I sure hope that's what they meant because I went on and on (well as on and on as 100 words would allow :lmao:) about the Caribbean Beach Resort.

I believe it said those moving on to Round 2 would be notified Nov 14th. Which is much later than last year. Last year we got our emails on Oct 12th.

You'll be notified on Nov 14th if you made it through or not.

I was hoping that November date was the final notification, not the first round notification. :eek:Sheesh, that's a long time!! We are going to spend the next two months with the I should have said this or that going on. ;)

I had to call my hubby and read him this question--I battled with what it meant exactly too:confused3. In the end, I went with my first instinct and explained my favorite resort hotel.

Hi everyone! I copied and pasted mine from the original application too. For some reason once I hit a certain word count (not 100) the text that I typed into the box didn't show up, so I couldn't check for typos or spelling errors. I too got the word count and everything so I hope it's okay. If not, I will totally use that as my excuse as to why they didn't pick me!

Good luck everyone, hope we ALL GET IN!!!!

WoooHooo :banana: I finally was able to submit my application! Between the technical difficulty and attending to my patient's at work this morning I was getting worried!

I am so excited everyone! No matter what happens I will be along for the ride! :grouphug:

I liked the questions I thought they were straightforward...I just hope to get to the video/telephone interview stage so I really can showcase my outgoing cheerful personality!

What is everyone choosing to specialize in?!

I filled out my app, hit "submit" and got a "We're Having Trouble" message. :(

I got the same message. Mine wouldn't go through until I took .com off of a website I put on there. Once I did that, it worked. Hope this helps.

Man! I finally finished my answers and was comfortable enough to hit "submit" and *BAM* I got the error message. Now I have to wait until the afternoon to resubmit. Maybe it's not such a bad thing. I can take my time and review the answers...again!

I applied too - got the error message. Hit the back space and my answers were still there.

What I did was re-open the application in a new tab, copy my answers from the first application page into the second, and submitted. Just got the confirmation email.

I hope that helps someone.

I got the same message. Mine wouldn't go through until I took .com off of a website I put on there. Once I did that, it worked. Hope this helps.

That's not going to be the problem - if I started listing website names, I would run out of the 100 words on that alone! :lmao:

ETA - tried seeing if a couple of other things are causing the problem. Haven't solved it yet. Can't help but think that this is some sort of sign that I'm not even supposed to be applying; that I should quit trying to be a Disney Dad on the Disney Moms panel. (Yes, I know some dads have made it - but come on, it's not the most welcoming of names if you're a dad.)

I was hoping that November date was the final notification, not the first round notification. :eek:Sheesh, that's a long time!! We are going to spend the next two months with the I should have said this or that going on. ;)

Good Luck!!!! :cool1::banana::thumbsup2

I was in your shoes last year at this time! Dreams do come true!!!!!!

Woo-Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cassie :banana:

Yeah, Nov 14th would be the date the panelists find out they've made it.

I had a momentary brain lapse. I had forgotten they said the same thing last year, but we found out if we made it to Round 2 on Oct 12th last year.

Last year is such a blur to me now, lol. I have to keep going in my email to double check the dates.

i took that question to also mean resort hotel and that is what I went with! :goodvibes

I took it to mean that they wanted us to name a specific Disney resort and tell them why we loved it. I sure hope that's what they meant because I went on and on (well as on and on as 100 words would allow :lmao:) about the Caribbean Beach Resort.

I had to call my hubby and read him this question--I battled with what it meant exactly too:confused3. In the end, I went with my first instinct and explained my favorite resort hotel.

I'm glad that someone else struggled a bit with the meaning. My first instinct was to talk about my favorite resort, but then when I re-read it I kept thinking "the below resort"....is there a picture I should be looking at below the answer box? :lmao:

I ended up answering by talking about the Polynesian :goodvibes

Good luck to everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter