• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amazing Adventures of the 2011 Disney Mom's Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I would make a list of folks that have made it so far. I will keep it updated as more Round 2ers let us know! I have included the locations for those that have it listed on their public profile.

DisBoards
Tollerwalker - Quispamsis, NB
Marm02 - Green Bay, WI
LaneOT - Queens, New York
Jasmine12
PirateMom - St. Louis, MO
shalecesjourney - Jacksonville, NC
UKdisneytwinmummy
missy28 - Tifton, GA
Ash&Wes07 - Hampton Roads Area, VA
beachbunny
physicalt104 - Long Island, NY
pixarmom
zianha - Lubbock, TX
ADisneyFamily - Tinley Park, IL
emlutz23 - New Jersey
WDWTeri - New Mexico
mrs.explorer1977 - Guelph, Ontario
fairyprincess1 - Chicago, IL
tweedlemom - New Jersey
mjaclyn - New York
MagiKitty - Upstate NY
Carolina Mom - South Carolina
PearlySwan -
dounelisg - Matawan, NJ
Disney Dad Canada – Toronto,ON
V a n e s s a - Johannesburg, South Africa
Emmalouisennicolson - Lancashire, UK
Suey12 – Chester, UK
Kimisabella – Long Island, NY
MJAJmom - Austin, TX
Pixiemeg – Indiana
Rhonimouse – Southwest Ohio

Facebook (I have listed the full names as they are listed on a public page)
Barbara Willis - New York
Melody Rivero – Jacksonville, NC
Shandale Tucker - Slaton, TX
Beth Costigan Elliot - St Louis, MO
Sherry Knapp Cuda - Chicago, IL
Jessica Chamberlain Walker - Quispamsis, NB (Tollerwalker @ Disboard)
Paul Cyopick - Toronto, ON
Beth Saraceni Connolly - New Jersey
Leslie Gruber Krzan - Tampa, FL
Marilyn Garfinkel - Valley Stream, NY
Richard Phillips - Campbellsville, KY
Joan Telfer Faux - Ontario, Canada
Marissa Selner
Ritzy McCarthy
Sherry Lamb Boswell – South Carolina
Faith Dority – South Carolina
Malanie Rivera – New York, NY
Marci Smith

Twitter
@jessswalker (Tollerwalker @ Disboard)
@mdkamber
@melissasimms
@mjaclyns (mjaclyn @ Disboard)
@ajcenac
@NCDisneyDad
@ADisneyFamily

Sorry for any errors or omissions - please PM me if I make any mistakes!

Congrats to all those who are going on the second round! Disney didn't like me enough this year but there's always next year!

I do have a question about the Mickey Moms Club though. My rejection e-mail said that I was now a member but when I tried to log in I get this message: "Sorry, you've reached the members-only Mickey Moms Club. Entry is restricted to members who qualified through application for the Walt Disney World® Moms Panel. Though new membership is currently closed, registration will open to the public in the future. Stay tuned!" What's up with that?

Congrats to all those who are going on the second round! Disney didn't like me enough this year but there's always next year!

I do have a question about the Mickey Moms Club though. My rejection e-mail said that I was now a member but when I tried to log in I get this message: "Sorry, you've reached the members-only Mickey Moms Club. Entry is restricted to members who qualified through application for the Walt Disney World® Moms Panel. Though new membership is currently closed, registration will open to the public in the future. Stay tuned!" What's up with that?

I got the same message. Has anyone been able to login successfully?

I got my thanks but no thanks email too... :(

just wasn't in the cards for me again :)

good luck to all the 2nd rounders :)

me too,
it says i am a member, but when i log in it tell me member only, but logs me on to disney...

anyone know how i can log in?

I am having the same problem. Does anyone know how to resolve this. I only have one log-in and password for all Disney sites?

It is official... I got my "sorry... yada, yada, yada... thanks for trying again for the fourth year in a row... yada, yada, yada.... keep being a WDW cheerleader... yada, yada, yada.... you can unsubscribe if you want to... " email. :rolleyes: I'm wondering if they will even have an application process next year because weren't the applicants for this year supposed to agree to be on the MMC panel for two years?

I just got my thanks, but no thanks email and my non-invitation to the Mickey Moms Club since I've been a member for a couple of years due to my past rejection history from the Moms Panel.

:laughing::laughing:

I wonder what trinket they will send out this year?
The first year it was a little box with a mouse pad, stickers, car magnet, planning video and a few promotional items like maps, etc. One year it was the mouse pad and car magnet and I think there was one year when it was just the email. I've been amassing quite a nice collection of loser swag so I'm hoping it is something new this year. Of course I could use another round magnet to complete my "not so hidden Mickey" on the fridge.

Yeah I received my thanks but no thanks. I wonder though, is getting to the second round just luck? I'm not trying to insult anyone but the questions asked really don't show much. I wonder if they just pick "from a hat".

My DH said that. He said that there might be a computer program that picks out key words and that it is a lottery of sorts. Of course he might just have said that to keep me from eating the log of cookie dough last night. :)

Congrats to all moving on!

Well, the other shoe has dropped for me, too. In the form of the "Sorry you are not a Winner" E-mail. Last vestige of hope squished underneath.:sad1:

Aggravatingly - it won't even let me IN to the Mickey Moms Club page. At least not yet. :mad: It was the one sop to my poor little ego. What with one thing and another, I don't think we'll be able to pull off a Disney trip this year. So no application for me next year anyway.

Poo.:worried:

The Mickey Moms Club page will not accept my password either! :rotfl:

I made it to round 2! Anybody know approx how many of us there are? 100? 500? More?

Whether it's luck or not, I really don't know. On one hand, I'm about the least lucky person in the world when it comes to contests. In my whole life, I've only won two other things: a few $$ in the lottery, and a popcorn popper. On the other hand, there are so many people who didn't make it, who I think are much more likely candidates than I am!

So, turning my attention to the video...I'm not at all photogenic, so I don't think much of my chances of going further, but I'll give it my best! Got a grin out of one of the posts that mentioned a hair appt. That's the first thing I thought of, too! I don't plan to do any fancy editing; my PC doesn't have the power for it, anyway. (Just wish there was a filter or something that could lop off about 50 pounds!)

No matter what happens, it's been a thrill getting this far. Best of luck to all!

Fourth time reject here :sad1:. Congrats to all those who made it through to round 2 :thumbsup2. I don't know that I will even try next year; it is just too disappointing after waiting so long to hear something.

One thing to try - make sure you are logging in under the exact same email and password you applied with. I remember from 2009 that you had to submit from the same email you submitted on the first time or it would not go through - hope that helps!

Just found out at 9:30 PST that I'd made it to Round 2!!! Went to sleep last night without checking my email and woke up to a surprise this morning! :cool1:

I made it to round 2! Anybody know approx how many of us there are? 100? 500? More?

Whether it's luck or not, I really don't know. On one hand, I'm about the least lucky person in the world when it comes to contests. In my whole life, I've only won two other things: a few $$ in the lottery, and a popcorn popper. On the other hand, there are so many people who didn't make it, who I think are much more likely candidates than I am!

So, turning my attention to the video...I'm not at all photogenic, so I don't think much of my chances of going further, but I'll give it my best! Got a grin out of one of the posts that mentioned a hair appt. That's the first thing I thought of, too! I don't plan to do any fancy editing; my PC doesn't have the power for it, anyway. (Just wish there was a filter or something that could lop off about 50 pounds!)

No matter what happens, it's been a thrill getting this far. Best of luck to all!

Are you kidding me? Speaking as the "Ugly Mom" on the panel, I am sure you are fine, photogenically. They don't look at that! It is about moms (and a few dads) helping other people plan trips. That's all.

So happy for all you moving forward to round 2, and hope those not doing so know that it is a big of a roll of the dice. Certainly not a reflection on you! Next year might be your year!

My DH said that. He said that there might be a computer program that picks out key words and that it is a lottery of sorts. Of course he might just have said that to keep me from eating the log of cookie dough last night. :)

I do think that there is an element of luck involved in the selection process:

I do not believe that my responses in the first round were particularly creative or witty: they were concise and straightforward; yet I made it to the second round.

They probably rule out the answers with spelling/grammatical mistakes, wrong information, etc, and then randomly "pick from a hat" the candidates from the remaining applicants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter