• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amazing Adventures of the 2011 Disney Mom's Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay...a watched phone NEVER rings...or something like that!:confused: I'm bouncing off for a while. I will be PRAYING that tomorrow is the day!!! :worship:

WELCOME the both of you!!!!:cheer2:

Thank you! I've gone through the threads many time when searching for info. to help me plan our trips, but never joined until just recently & I am enjoying it! Going to miss reading & posting to this thread once the wait is over...but definitely need the wait to be over. :disrocks:

I have a random question about the mom's panel. I am just curious as to how they handle nursing moms that make the panel, and if this issue has come up in the past.

No worries. The Moms Panel knows that your first job is as a mom. If you attend training, your family can stay in your hotel room with you. My husband went with me during my December 2007 training for the 2008 panel. While training is exhausting, nursing moms will definitely be accommodated. Michael stopped in at various locations to meet up with me even if just for a few minutes. Oh, and you will be surrounded by many other moms willing to help in any way that they can! :)

Hi.
Not sure this will help at all but the year that I applied, email notices were sent out around 5 p.m. Eastern time. I don't know if that held true for future years. I just remember getting my email that I was going on to round 2, then round 3 around that hour.

I'm waiting almost as anxiously as all of you!! :grouphug:

No worries. The Moms Panel knows that your first job is as a mom. If you attend training, your family can stay in your hotel room with you. My husband went with me during my December 2007 training for the 2008 panel. While training is exhausting, nursing moms will definitely be accommodated. Michael stopped in at various locations to meet up with me even if just for a few minutes. Oh, and you will be surrounded by many other moms willing to help in any way that they can! :)

Thank you. :hug:

Disney Social Media Moms? There are so many moms that sound just like us on Twitter right now, anxiously awaiting emails (Today) from Disney Social Media Moms. Does anyone here have any info on this, the email buzz?

Are they waiting on invites to the conference? Will you have to have an invite to attend the conference this year? UGH, As if the Moms Panel was not enough, now I am stressing over this too! :eek:

I am a social media geek, I own a social network for moms with over 14,000 members, blogger since 2001, love social media marketing and I really had my heart set on going to the conference this year. :confused:

Hey Tiany, the buzz over the Disney Social Media Moms Conference is because we don't know when the invites will be coming. There has been so much speculation about it for weeks. The conference which was in February, was incredible! And because of that there are so many that want to be included on the list to be invited this year. Rumor has it that there are about 600 people currently on the list between those of us that went this year, those that had to decline and those that have asked to be on the waiting lists. That's why everyone is so jumpy about when the invites go out. They are suppose to only have about 150 spots available. When the invites go out. It will fill up very fast. I'm not sure what is worse right now. Waiting for the email for the conference invite or waiting for an email to see if I make it to round 2. I'm really waiting for Disney magic all around!!

This is very exciting! Hoping that the round 2 emails come out soon as so many are waiting to hear!

Hi.
Not sure this will help at all but the year that I applied, email notices were sent out around 5 p.m. Eastern time. I don't know if that held true for future years. I just remember getting my email that I was going on to round 2, then round 3 around that hour.

Alright -- so back to the computer I go....:laughing:
:surfweb::surfweb::surfweb:

Thanks for the info!!

Hi Tiany, I hope I can answer a few of your questions. I was able to attend last year because it didn't fill up and they opened registrations in January. It was such a fantastic event that the assumption is that it will fill up and they will not open registrations. They have an invitation list and no one really knows who will be on it. I am hoping they will invite last years attendees, but there are no guarantees. I know that the organizations that were involved last year were Disney, Mom Bloggers Club, Mom Select, 5 Minutes for Mom and Global Influence. I have no idea how many were invited last year or how many are on the invitation list this year. I am just hoping that if I don't get an invitation I might be able to snag a spot, it was a phenomenal experience. Disney always makes things magical but the conference part was so educational and inspiring.

Hope this helps, let me know if I can answer any other questions for you!

AND I want to say a big thank you to everyone who commented about my Dad. My kids are older and I am not used to sleepless nights anymore!! Now that he is home he is sleeping better which means more sleep for the rest of us!

Hope we all hear something good soon!:wizard:

Thank you so much for shedding some light on this for me. This is basically what I figured might have happened. I was actually looking forward to attending this year. :sad1:

I hope you will get an invite to go again!

I have been refreshing and reading posts all day and about a minute ago I refreshed and got a message that the DIS was down for a 2 hour upgrade.:scared1: Wow! What a panic that would cause! :lmao:

Hi.

Hi, Kimberly! Just wanted to extend my congratulations on your return to the panel! I am new this year to the application process, but I have learned a ton in the last few weeks participating in this wonderful thread. I hope somebody is noticing my passion and excitement!

Hey Tiany, the buzz over the Disney Social Media Moms Conference is because we don't know when the invites will be coming. There has been so much speculation about it for weeks. The conference which was in February, was incredible! And because of that there are so many that want to be included on the list to be invited this year. Rumor has it that there are about 600 people currently on the list between those of us that went this year, those that had to decline and those that have asked to be on the waiting lists. That's why everyone is so jumpy about when the invites go out. They are suppose to only have about 150 spots available. When the invites go out. It will fill up very fast. I'm not sure what is worse right now. Waiting for the email for the conference invite or waiting for an email to see if I make it to round 2. I'm really waiting for Disney magic all around!!

Thank you for the explanation Valerie!! Wishing you much luck and pixie dust! Imagine if you get two emails this week, early Christmas presents!!:wizard:

Hi.

So if they go out at that time this year how many families are going to get 'pot luck' or delivered pizza for dinner tonight? Wonder if my kids want pepperoni or extra cheese tonight. :rolleyes1

Since this is the third year of me trying I'm just along for the ride really. Even if it is "three strikes you are out" for me I will keep applying each year that they have an open cattle call for applicants.

So if they go out at that time this year how many families are going to get 'pot luck' or delivered pizza for dinner tonight? Wonder if my kids want pepperoni or extra cheese tonight. :rolleyes1

Since this is the third year of me trying I'm just along for the ride really. Even if it is "three strikes you are out" for me I will keep applying each year that they have an open cattle call for applicants.
Leftover chinese at our house!;)

Leftover chinese at our house!;)

Not doing a whole lot of work for dinner here tonight - sausage & potatoes scramble, which I can put together in a pretty short time. I also volunteered to watch one of DWs coworkers daughter tomorrow, so I have an excuse to stay home (with constant internet access) instead of doing errands. ;)

OK, how sad is it that I paid for in-flight internet service with the express purpose of checking to see if Round 1 e-mails had gone out yet? So disappointed that they have not, but I am sure the WDW team is hard at work with all your exceptional applications!

I have my fingers crossed for a 100% DIS Board 2011 panel!

Good Luck!

LOL! :rotfl2:
I think it's great that you paid for in-flight Interent just for that!

Thanks for the 'good luck' wishes :goodvibes

And now...back to this: :surfweb:

Thanks. I can't wait to resume my Moms Panel duties on January 1st. It's the best work in the world!

Congrats!!!! :wizard:

Please share some of your pixiedust: with the rest of us lowly Disers :flower3:

We are anxiously waiting to hear who made it to round 2!

Hi, Kimberly! Just wanted to extend my congratulations on your return to the panel! I am new this year to the application process, but I have learned a ton in the last few weeks participating in this wonderful thread. I hope somebody is noticing my passion and excitement!

Thanks Jared. I think it was much easier when I applied in 2007. In fact, when round 2 announcements came out, I had actually forgotten about my round 1 application. I applied to "this Disney thing" on a whim and didn't really know what the work entailed!

Let's just say that after that round 2 email announcement that I was absolutely beyond nervous and excited.

Hang in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter