• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amazing Adventures of the 2011 Disney Mom's Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey TraciLeigh! Me too! Plus taffy from last week's trip to WDW! Love that stuff!

We should hear this week. Fingers and toes crossed and making lots of wishes upon a star!

H! How are you doing? :)

Yes, i just ate a handful of Rolos. I should NOT have chocolate at my desk. popcorn::

I am literally jumping every time my BlackBerry dings today. which is just silly....because I think we can safely say today is not the day. :confused3

Oh, and I'm not focusing well at work right now.....go figure. :surfweb:

Pixie dust. Fingers, toes, arm, and legs crossed!

:hug:

I've been to Hot springs, Arkansas, so many times, I was literally in my mother womb the first time I went and as a child enjoyed many summers at Gulpha Gorge Campground. Also for six years we kept our RV at Lake Hamilton RV resort. We have so many memories there, We've been looking for a lake home or lake lot for quite some time on Lake Hamilton. Its our special place besides Disney, also its just 2-1/2 hrs away.:goodvibes

Lake Ouachita is fun as well, so pretty... Have you been to Crater of Diamonds?

We have soooo much in common! I can't remember ever not going camping in Arkansas. We've been all over the State. I've camped at Gulpha Gorge numerous times as well and even when we go to Hot Springs for a non-camping weekend, we go to Gulpha Gorge to skip some rocks or have a picnic.

Two Summers ago, we spent the day at Crater of Diamonds digging for diamonds. Of course, we didn't find any diamonds. I think they said we had some kind of crystal and volcano something or other. Just my luck! We have never camped at Crater of Diamonds and actually talked about going there on our next camping trip. Another one we haven't tried yet is Lake Degray. I've been down there but never camped there.

We have friends who just bought a camp on Lake Ouachita. I told him that he now has to let us spend time there. You know....just to make sure it's kept up and all.;)

We laugh a lot too! I have a great Zumba instructor and she really makes it fun for all of us. Did you see they are coming out with Zumba for Wii? I put in my request with my family for Christmas early!

You are way south! We are planning on getting over that way maybe next summer. My DS8 is so into the Wright Brother's right now. That is why we went to DC this summer...he had to go to the Air and Space museum. We plan on making it to Kitty Hawk (we are in NC) I think over spring break and then to Dayton next August. DH's dad lives in the Falls so we have to get up there...we may be going sooner (we hope) as his dad is on the list for a lung transplant.

I did not know about Zumba for Wii -- how fun is that?!?!

That's great about your kiddo....there are some things in Dayton he would probably enjoy if he likes the Wright Brothers. Wright Patterson Air Force Base and Museum is a huge draw, but there is also Carillon Park. They have the original 1905 Wright Flyer there and I believe that is where the brothers had their first bike shop. It has been a while since I have been there, so I am a little foggy on the specifics.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to your Father in law!

H! How are you doing? :)

Yes, i just ate a handful of Rolos. I should NOT have chocolate at my desk. popcorn::

I am literally jumping every time my BlackBerry dings today. which is just silly....because I think we can safely say today is not the day. :confused3

Oh, and I'm not focusing well at work right now.....go figure. :surfweb:

Pixie dust. Fingers, toes, arm, and legs crossed!

:hug:

Oooh Rolos! My favorite! I could eat an entire roll of 'em in just one sitting.

Oh and I'm at work too. Supposed to be doing billing but can't seem to focus either.:rolleyes:

OK...well...back to the daily grind I go...

(and back to the constant checking of my e-mail..despite the fact that my BlackBerry dings at me every time a new e-mail arrives...LOL :rotfl:)

have a pixie dusted day :wizard:

:surfweb:

Yeah, my iphone has an alert when e-mails come in ...and woe be to the random child or husband who happens to be between me and my phone when I hear it! :lmao:

Yeah, my iphone has an alert when e-mails come in ...and woe be to the random child or husband who happens to be between me and my phone when I hear it! :lmao:

LOL! That made me laugh out loud! :rotfl2:

I've been walking around with my BB for days.....attached to my hand. They're going to have to pry it out of my hand very soon. :rotfl:

And back to this....:surfweb:

Oooh Rolos! My favorite! I could eat an entire roll of 'em in just one sitting.

Oh and I'm at work too. Supposed to be doing billing but can't seem to focus either.:rolleyes:

Yep...I'm supposed to be writing social media guidelines for the office.
I'm thinking surfing the DIS Boards is NOT going to be included in those guidelines. :rotfl2:

:goodvibes

So weird to think I will get home from work tonight around 1 a.m. and go to bed like always. Then when I wake up, I could theoretically have a Moms Panel e-mail waiting for me! (Or more likely, shortly after because I wake up between 8 and 9 most days!) ;)

We have soooo much in common! I can't remember ever not going camping in Arkansas. We've been all over the State. I've camped at Gulpha Gorge numerous times as well and even when we go to Hot Springs for a non-camping weekend, we go to Gulpha Gorge to skip some rocks or have a picnic.

we have friends who just bought a camp on Lake Ouachita. I told him that he now has to let us spend time there. You know....just to make sure it's kept up and all.;)

Lake Degray, Lake Ouachita, every single hotel/motel and campground in Hot Springs, Crater of Diamonds, Queen Wilhelmina, and so many more all around that area, I just love, also I've been to Canton many times also to shop. Alot of people I know rent house boats on Ouachita, its so clear. Brady Mountain is about 25 minutes from the Rv park where our camper is. How long does it take you to get to Hot springs? Lake Degray you would love and if y'all play golf it has a nice course, also horseback riding. I also have skipped rocks numerous times at Gulpha Gorge and hiked up the mountain, every single trail. My dad, just the other day asked when I was taking him and my mom back to HS.I told him about two weeks. My kids even trick or treated at Magic Springs one year. we had season passes.

I did not know about Zumba for Wii -- how fun is that?!?!

That's great about your kiddo....there are some things in Dayton he would probably enjoy if he likes the Wright Brothers. Wright Patterson Air Force Base and Museum is a huge draw, but there is also Carillon Park. They have the original 1905 Wright Flyer there and I believe that is where the brothers had their first bike shop. It has been a while since I have been there, so I am a little foggy on the specifics.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to your Father in law!

I know he will love it. My dad is the aviation guy in my family(he flew helicopters in Vietnam), so he super excited DS in into this stuff now. I think he is trying to figure out out to sneak onto our trip!

Thanks for the prayers. This has been in the works for years. The first route he took we had to front $35,000 to the hospital...we didn't have that kind of money just laying around and he had just filled bankruptcy.He was living with us at the time and we are pretty much the only family he has. But he has since married and moved back to OH and got on with a DR and found an affordable way to make it all happen. He just got listed so now we just pray. He had lung reduction surgery 3 years ago to remove some of the damaged lung tissue and I don't think he ever really came back from that. It seems weird to pray for it somedays when you really think about what you are praying for. I almost seem selfish! But, he reunited with the love of his life from childhood and now I think they deserve a chance to grow old together! She really takes good care of him...she deserves it as much as anybody!

Great responses to the "faux" question!! Definitely moms panel material!!!!! I am positive we are going to be doing some celebrating over the next few days!!:banana::woohoo::yay::cheer2:

Lake Degray, Lake Ouachita, every single hotel/motel and campground in Hot Springs, Crater of Diamonds, Queen Wilhelmina, and so many more all around that area, I just love, also I've been to Canton many times also to shop. Alot of people I know rent house boats on Ouachita, its so clear. Brady Mountain is about 25 minutes from the Rv park where our camper is. How long does it take you to get to Hot springs? Lake Degray you would love and if y'all play golf it has a nice course, also horseback riding. I also have skipped rocks numerous times at Gulpha Gorge and hiked up the mountain, every single trail. My dad, just the other day asked when I was taking him and my mom back to HS.I told him about two weeks. My kids even trick or treated at Magic Springs one year. we had season passes.

We stayed at the Arlington this time last year and it was horrible. We were invited to participate in the 1st Laurey's Diamond Dash in Hot Springs. The room was dirty, the furniture scratched up and service was crappy. I took pictures of everything and wrote a letter to the General Manager when we got home (I tried to talk with him before we left but he never got back with us.) and they refunded every penny we paid to stay there.

The next time we go to Hot Springs, we may stay at The Downtowner. Well, it used to be called The Downtowner. I think it's called The Springs Resort now. They were remodeling it the last time we stayed (it needed it) and it's supposed to be nice.

They built two new cabins at Lake Ouachita and I would love to stay in one. My sister needs to get away (it was her husband who died). We may ask her and my mother to go with us and rent one of the new cabins.

Was the Crater of Diamonds park nice? We like to tent camp and I like nice woodsy campgrounds.

We love going to Canton, Texas. As a matter of fact, we went to the one over Labor Day. I wanted to go again this past First Monday but chose to go to Hot Springs instead. I'm glad that we went. It was nice to free our mind of all of the things going on with my brother-in-law (at the time he was still suffering with his cancer at the hospital). We found a huge rock with lots of quartz crystals in it. I can't wait to bust it open and see how it looks on the inside.

It takes us 4 hours to make it to Hot Springs and a little more if we are headed to Lake Ouachita.

I can't believe I JUST found this thread, LOL!

Here's hoping there are many DISers in the next round! Good luck to everyone!!!

Wishing all of our Moms Panel hopefuls lots of pixie dust with a dose of patience.

I'm sure the Social Media department is reading some fabulous applications. I can't imagine having to choose between so many qualified candidates.

As an inaugural member, my journey to the Moms Panel was simply magical. I look forward to returning to the Panel this year to help guests navigate the wonderful world of Disney.

I can't wait to see which applicants will be joining us! :banana:

We stayed at the Arlington this time last year and it was horrible. We were invited to participate in the 1st Laurey's Diamond Dash in Hot Springs. The room was dirty, the furniture scratched up and service was crappy. I took pictures of everything and wrote a letter to the General Manager when we got home (I tried to talk with him before we left but he never got back with us.) and they refunded every penny we paid to stay there.

The next time we go to Hot Springs, we may stay at The Downtowner. Well, it used to be called The Downtowner. I think it's called The Springs Resort now. They were remodeling it the last time we stayed (it needed it) and it's supposed to be nice.

They built two new cabins at Lake Ouachita and I would love to stay in one. My sister needs to get away (it was her husband who died). We may ask her and my mother to go with us and rent one of the new cabins.

Was the Crater of Diamonds park nice? We like to tent camp and I like nice woodsy campgrounds.

We love going to Canton, Texas. As a matter of fact, we went to the one over Labor Day. I wanted to go again this past First Monday but chose to go to Hot Springs instead. I'm glad that we went. It was nice to free our mind of all of the things going on with my brother-in-law (at the time he was still suffering with his cancer at the hospital). We found a huge rock with lots of quartz crystals in it. I can't wait to bust it open and see how it looks on the inside.

It takes us 4 hours to make it to Hot Springs and a little more if we are headed to Lake Ouachita.

We do have sooooooooooo much in common, I'm sure we've probably seen one another and not known it. There's a place named play by play we drop the kids off and we have dinner together, just my hubby and I, it's off the 270 bypass, also have you tried purple cow restaurant, over by Dick's sporting goods. I still call it the Downtowner also. The Majestic got so bad a while back they closed it down. The Arlington is in need of major renovation, have you ever hiked the Arlington trail up behind the pool, aren't you scared walking on the wood around the swimming pool that its so old, you'll fall through. Every Saturday night when were in Hot Springs, if my dad is on the tripwith us, we have to go to the Arlington for dancing (Band), we have to get a table in the front and I always get the free popcorn, since the waitresses are sooo slow with the drinks. My parents also honeymooned in HS.;) Fun Fun.

Wishing all of our Moms Panel hopefuls lots of pixie dust with a dose of patience.

I'm sure the Social Media department is reading some fabulous applications. I can't imagine having to choose between so many qualified candidates.

As an inaugural member, my journey to the Moms Panel was simply magical. I look forward to returning to the Panel this year to help guests navigate the wonderful world of Disney.

I can't wait to see which applicants will be joining us! :banana:

Thx so much, Its nice to see a Mom's panelist on the thread, we haven't seen one lately, It must be getting closer!! Tomorrow...:laughing:

So weird to think I will get home from work tonight around 1 a.m. and go to bed like always. Then when I wake up, I could theoretically have a Moms Panel e-mail waiting for me! (Or more likely, shortly after because I wake up between 8 and 9 most days!) ;)

Time should go by faster for you then, busy, busy! That's if you go to sleep at all......

I just got an email about the Disney TRON "Get on the Grid Sweepstakes", had me a little NUTS.. Don't they know what there doing to me.....:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter