Your ultimate Disney vacation.....

hotel:
room type:
month and dates:
who:

Fun!

Hotel: Beach Club
Room Type: deluxe room, club level
Month: early May (we've been in December, January, February, March and July, but May seems like such a nice time to go)
Who: my husband and our three boys

Table Service: Brown Derby (California Grill and Garden Grill are close behind, because our boys love them so much!)
Counter Service: Flame Tree BBQ
Snack: That's too difficult - maybe the Mickey ice cream sandwich. But I also love the lefse in Norway.

Souvenir: My favorite recent purchase is my pink plaid Mickey backpack, with the Donald vinylmation keychain I attached to the zipper. I only use it on vacation - it's very happy!

Hello All! I'm back from our WDW trip, and I have some catching up to do! I'm glad I didn't miss the announcements, I still have my fingers crossed for everyone! I'm thinking of starting a trip report, to give myself something to do while we wait. It was a good trip, although a little challenging, since DS was teething like crazy and wouldn't sleep. We were up for the day between 4 and 5 every morning! :scared1:

Please give us a trip report, and sorry about the lack of sleep part of your trip! ;)

Favorite TS: Le Cellier

Favorite CS: Fish N Chips in Epcot or Casey's Corner...The hot dog with sauerkraut! Yummy

Favorite Snack: The fruit tarts in Norway

Favorite Souvenier: Well first is my engagement ring from my first trip with hubby!!! Second we always get a new Christmas ornament with the year on it...our Christmas tree only has Disney Ornaments on it!

Dream Vacation: Week at Disney World in Polynesian & AK, a night or two in Cinderella Castle during the Holiday Season, experiencing all of the Holiday things like Osbourne, MVMCP, followed by a week in the Caribbean on Disney Cruise Line.

What we do every trip: Take a silly photo on a ride (rockin roller coaster, tower of terror) we put it in our scrap book...wishes show...we got engaged during this show so it holds a special place in our hearts...and we like to try a new place to eat:yay:

I was hoping everyone could offer some suggestions...Looking for a new place to try to eat...Going in January reservations at Ohana, Kona Cafe, Le Cellier, Hollywood and Vine, Via Napoli, Liberty Tree, Garden Grill...any suggestions?

I'm so happy everyone is game to answer the questions posted. Keep it up there great!:cool1:

My first post, aw!

Favorite TS: Le Cellier

Favorite CS: Fish N Chips in Epcot, Food & Wine anything

Favorite snack: Skool bread in Norway or a pineapple float from Aloha Isle

Favorite souvenir: confetti left in our stroller

Dream Vacation: Cinderella Castle dream suite

What we do every trip: Enjoy the power of Disney magic, make memories!

I love 50s Prime Time at DHS good food, great portions
LeCellier is my fave for lunch, not dinner.

I guess I should jump in and post my answers...here goes

Favorite TS: Kona Cafe- for breakfast! Its not a Disney trip without Tonga Toast!

Favorite CS: Flame Tree

Favorite snack: The ultimate classic- a premium Mickey bar

Favorite souvenir: my Adventurers Club pin

Dream Vacation: I'd love to stay concierge at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and take one of the sunrise safaris.

I have too many favorites when it comes to food and Disney restaurants--table service or counter. For my favorite snack item...I'm leaning towards the cinnamon roasted almonds near Jungle Cruise.

My favorite souvenir usually ends up being the premium item you can buy if the amount of your total purchase is above a certain dollar amount. Blankets, bags, lithographs, and framed pin collections...I love them!

My dream vacation involves my entire family (dad, sisters, nieces, nephew, sons, daughters) in 3 grand villas at BLT...deluxe dining plan...Magic Your Way-hopper option--water park fun & more...

@suncup1225--Have you tried the Wave? or Maya Grill?

This thread is HUGE!!! I have been checking often to see if anyone has heard anything. I would think it might need to be next week. Keeping fingers and toes crossed. DDs 13th bday is the 13th so maybe that could be a lucky day (cancels each other out). We are also leaving for a 3 day Disney trip on Thursday. That will help me keep my mind off of waiting!

Favorite Table Service: Tusker House Breakfast (we are still in the character dining mode & this one is awesome!) ::MickeyMo

Favorite Counter Service: FlameTree BBQ

Favorite snack: Mickey Mouse Rice Krispie Treat dipped in chocolate with sprinkles :earsboy:

Favorite souvenir: anything that resembles the old school figurines

Favorite resort: So far we have loved the suites at Coronado Springs. They are moderately priced but still offer separate living space for parents and kids (so that we don't have to sit in the dark after 9pm texting one another while the boys sleep!:))

Dream vacation: 2 week stay in a 2 bedroom villa at the Wilderness Lodge - we also love the Bay Lake villas and would choose that as a second lodging site. ::MickeyMo

What do we do every trip: We hit the parks hard in the morning and evening & we always rest in the afternoons. Everyone rests, not just the kids! This makes for happier and more magical days. :tink: We also take a day in the middle of our trip and hit the pools and/or Downtown Disney instead of the parks. This provides a great break for everyone and makes us anxious to get back to the parks that night for fireworks or the next day for more fun.

Hang in there everyone. News is coming this week!

I get a christmas ornament every trip also for a tree that's becoming a Disney tree, but with ornaments I've bought strictly at WDW!:wizard: I forgot to mention that earlier under, My favorite souvenir question.:)

My tree is like this I love it. Mine is all or mostly anyway Mickey.

I love the questions about favorites!

Favorite resort -- Wilderness Lodge, but we have a family of 5 now, so it's big bucks to get 2 rooms. I love the lobby, the geysers, the pool, the boat. So cool! We always wanted to be picked to put up the flag.

Favorite Table Service - Ohana -- the banana bread pudding is so awesome and I love the hula dancing and seeing the fireworks from your table

Favorite counter service -- Pizzafari -- my kids love Pizza Planet because they feel like they are in the movie

Favorite character meal -- Crystal Palace

Dream Vacation -- o.k. this is big -- first a nice stay in the Palace followed by
a week at Wilderness Lodge. Premium plan with all of the meals, snacks and activities included like the tours! That would be so awesome followed by a leisurely 7 night cruise on the Magic -- aahhh!

:love::love:

Favorite Souvenir: I actually have two.

The first is my children. It was in WDW 1999 (near the Cinderella Wishing Well) that I finally voiced aloud that after many years of trying to have children and it not working that I needed to let go and have the children I knew I was meant to have arrive in my life however they were "supposed" to. May 2000 my DD arrived and DS arrived in 2003. I consider them my ultimate WDW souvenir. On our last trip I took a picture of the two of them next to the Wishing Well as they were proof that my wishes do come true. :lovestruc

A Tigger sweatshirt I bought on my honeymoon 14 years ago. I wear it all the time and it still holds up. The first pictures of me with both of my children after their births are of me with this sweatshirt on. :)

Favorite TS: As a family we enjoy Narcoosee's but that is A 2 TS. Our favorite otherwise is Boma for either Breakfast or Dinner!

Favorite CS: I am a fan of Flame Tree BBQ in AK. When things were great and we are on a meal plan, I loved dinner at Pepper Market. I had some of the very best prime rib there a few years ago!

Favorite character meal:I now enjoy the interaction at Crystal Palace but my oldie but good was Liberty Tree!

Favorite snack: Skool bread in Norway or a pineapple float from Aloha Isle

Favorite resort: I still love the exterior simplicity of Pop Century but we are DVC owners in Beach Club Villas so I can say I love that location. As far as the inside of the rooms, Old Key West is still my favorite. It is just so light and airy there!

Favorite souvenir:The very best thing that every came home from Disney is our Granddaughter! Her parents took their honeymoon to Disney and well need I say more!:cool1:

Dream Vacation: I would love to take a very long Disney cruise over in Europe and then double dip in Castaway Cay.

What do we do every trip?We try something new every time we go. This time it will be the segway tour in Celebration and Yak and Yeti in AK.

I also wanted to thank everyone for being so entertaining in this thread. In the last few years I was home more and able to do more to put ideas out there while we waited. This year life is a bit crazy for a few more weeks then hopefully it will settle down in time for the 2nd round lists to come!

hotel:Grand Floridian or AKL with savannah view
room type: Concierge
month and dates:12/23 - 1/3
who:DH, DS, DD & me!
Table Service - Narcoossee's for DD & I, Germany for DH & DS
Counter Service - France - love the ham & cheese on the croissant
Snack - Dole Whip

Can't keep up with this thread!

Thought I would join in to wait out the time until Round 2 starts!! popcorn::

Favorite TS: Ohana

Favorite CS: Cosmic Rays (sitting on the balcony looking at the castle next to the waterfall).

Favorite Character Meal: Cape May Cafe (Breakfast)

Favorite Snack: Candied Almonds/Pecans

Favorite Resort: Grand Floridian / Beach Club Villas

Favorite Souvenir: Mickey earrings or my Tinkerbell polar fleece coat that I bought on a whim on a particularly cool night at EPCOT!

Dream Vacation: Staying at the Cinderella Castle Suite followed by a 7 night cruise on DCL (with a double dip at Castaway Cay).

What we do every trip: Photo of the kids with Walt and Mickey in front of the castle.

Delurking to answer a few questions while we all wait...

Favorite TS - Tutto Italia (as determined this past August!)
Favorite CS - Flame Tree BBQ (alas, it was closed on said August trip)
Favorite Snack - Grey Goose Slushie in France (hey, nobody said it had to be actual food! :rotfl: )

Favorite Souvie - actually from Disneyland - my Dooney & Bourke 55th Anniversary purse that I didn't know was coming out and happened upon in Downtown Disney (Anaheim) on July 18 (the day after the anniversary).

Dream trip - Hmmmm, I think any deluxe, but right now my itch is for Boardwalk because I like the thought of being walking distance from World Showcase! It would be in the Fall (if the kids didn't get pulled out of school) and would include my family and my sister's.

Things I'd like to have the chance to mention if I make Round 2 (since I couldn't fit it in for Round 1):
1) I also took a Disney cruise in the last year (was on Castaway Cay a year ago today, in fact)
2) I was born exactly 4 months before MK opened, thus we will both be 40 next year.
3) I was married and honeymooned at Disney about a month before AK opened, so we will both celebrate 13 years this Spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter