Amazing Adventures of the 2011 Disney Mom's Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ASD daughter has moved through several fixations - Mickey and Minnie, Stitch, and lately Princesses in rotation with Tinkerbell as an occasional aside. But her all time favorite is the Gran Fiesta Tour. Every time we pass the Mexico pavilion - we must divert for it.

This made me smile as it is in many ways like my DS (7 - Aspie). He has perseverated on Disney forever.

First it was Peter Pan when he was 3. He would sit in the back seat of the car and quote the dialogue for hours. Then he moved onto Pirates of the Caribbean (the ride). He and I usually go on 3 times in a row as DP and DD sit outside and wait for us. Thank God we go when the lines are short! ;)

Although he still perseverates on those things he is now moving into what WDW needs to do to make the rides better. Every night at the dinner table he is allowed to pick one ride and tell us how he would like to change it. I tell him he is going to be an Imagineneer when he is older and take his dear mother to WDW. :lmao:

Today is the first day I have started hitting refresh on my e-mails. I think it will be Wednesday or Thursday next week but one can still hope. :)

Sending pixie dust out to everyone as we wait... today is my anniversary -- 16 years and counting... and we're headed to wine country for a wknd away sans children when my DH gets home from work. So what am I thinking more about?? When the e-mails are going to start arriving!!

No way! Today is our 16th anniversary too!!! Oct. 8, 1994 was just a great day to be married:love: Happy Anniversary to you both!!!

To think that 16 years ago we had our Disney "themed" wedding topped off with a honeymoon @ WDW's Beach Club (and I was a Disney Store ASM at the time)!

Ever since our honeymoon, I haven't been able to get DH to try any other resorts except the YC/BC since he was hooked on it 16 years ago! LOL!

First it was Peter Pan when he was 3. He would sit in the back seat of the car and quote the dialogue for hours. Then he moved onto Pirates of the Caribbean (the ride). He and I usually go on 3 times in a row as DP and DD sit outside and wait for us. Thank God we go when the lines are short! ;)

When we brought her baby sister home, the Eldest (who still doesn't say more than a couple dozen words a day) pointed out the back door and said, "Out! Out, I say!" in perfect imitation of Mr. Darling. *g*

Luckily, her teacher is of the opinion that a week at WDW does more for her than a week of school and is more than happy to have her go during the off-season. We've learned a lot about navigating the parks with her. Loves Splash Mountain and even the Tower of Terror - will not even go on Space Mountain or Star Tours. Ah, the little mysteries of Autism....

Greetings from Vero Beach! I decided to pay the $5 internet fee to see if I missed anything and it appears as though I haven't. Bummer. I'll be back in the loop next Tuesday. Good luck to everyone...looks like next week is going to the THE WEEK!

Greetings from Vero Beach! I decided to pay the $5 internet fee to see if I missed anything and it appears as though I haven't. Bummer. I'll be back in the loop next Tuesday. Good luck to everyone...looks like next week is going to the THE WEEK!

Would love to hear about your trip when you get back and have more time to post! Have a great time!

Do you think we might get some emails tomorrow??????

My guess is not until Tuesday or Wednesday next week (at least). :confused3

I doubt it will be Monday (Columbus Day) ... anyone from last year's thread can attest to that -- we sat here all day on Columbus Day waiting :surfweb:

Sending everyone :goodvibes and pixiedust:

Have a magical day! :grouphug:

LOL -- I was doing that yesterday. Today I have adopted the philosophy that the longer this round takes to finish up, the shorter the next round is going to be! Not that I have any experience in that area, but I imagine the wait between Round 2 and Round 3 is EXCRUCIATING!!!!

Oddly enough...for me, the waiting between rounds 2 and 3 last year were the calmest I was throughout the whole process ...well, once I had resumed normal breathing levels...LOL.

But this...waiting to hear about round 2... :eek:

I'm just doing a lot of this :surfweb: and this :laundy: to keep myself occupied for now...

:)

The longer we wait to hear about Round 2, the longer we can dream that we have made it!:thumbsup2:rotfl2:

Enjoy the weekend everybody!

28645_1342368290745_1577349368_2039827_3668906_n-2.jpg

I thought about doing this as part of my signature and turns out to look very kewl, :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

When we brought her baby sister home, the Eldest (who still doesn't say more than a couple dozen words a day) pointed out the back door and said, "Out! Out, I say!" in perfect imitation of Mr. Darling. *g*

Luckily, her teacher is of the opinion that a week at WDW does more for her than a week of school and is more than happy to have her go during the off-season. We've learned a lot about navigating the parks with her. Loves Splash Mountain and even the Tower of Terror - will not even go on Space Mountain or Star Tours. Ah, the little mysteries of Autism....

Love it! She definately has a flair with the way she shows her feelings. :) Hope that did change after she got to know here baby sister a bit.

My step-son is growing out of ADHD - thank goodness - and has been mainstreamed with only special allowances now. He actually has his first honors class this year in high school. :goodvibes

But as a child, especially in elementary school, he was severe and was in special education classes. His teachers felt going to Disney actually helped. He always had a project that we worked on in conjunction with his teachers (i.e. report on different types of moving vehicles or how different colors portray different moods) to do while there. They felt he came back more focused, the projects helped center him to a school curriculum, and his desire to talk about disney gave him a starting place to socially interact with the other students.

Also, I want to recant my previous request for what to bring back. I was washing dishes this morning and the Adventurer's Club popped into my head! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back the Adventurer's Club!!!Anne
Oh, me too, me too!!! I miss, miss, miss the AC..... I would be in absolute heaven and thrilled to bits & pieces if they brought it back. :love: We just went and sat on the steps last time we were there.... so sad.... :sad1: :sad1:

No way! Today is our 16th anniversary too!!! Oct. 8, 1994 was just a great day to be married:love: Happy Anniversary to you both!!!

To think that 16 years ago we had our Disney "themed" wedding topped off with a honeymoon @ WDW's Beach Club (and I was a Disney Store ASM at the time)!

Ever since our honeymoon, I haven't been able to get DH to try any other resorts except the YC/BC since he was hooked on it 16 years ago! LOL!
Happy Anniversary!! How funny -- I hope you guys have a wonderful wknd, too!! Our wedding wasn't Disney themed, as we weren't "in love" with Disney yet... and thus our honeymoon wasn't, either -- we went to Sandals in Negril. Fast forward 16 years, though, and we wish we'd honeymooned at Disney!! Thinking about a vow renewal for our 20th.... but also want to go to Europe. Choices, choices... ;) Wish I'd gotten my DH hooked on the BC years ago... how sweet that'd be!! :thumbsup2

Have a great vaca -- can't wait to hear about your trip! Enjoy the beach and the sun for us, 'k??

So funny! Group Hug! :grouphug: We are one fun group of nervous, anxious hopefuls! :rotfl:

Time to grab something warm and sweet to drink {coffee}, put on some Disney music and remove myself from the computer for a few hours. Hope everyone has a great day, I will check in later!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney​

So funny! Group Hug! :grouphug: We are one fun group of nervous, anxious hopefuls! :rotfl:

Time to grab something warm and sweet to drink {coffee}, put on some Disney music and remove myself from the computer for a few hours. Hope everyone has a great day, I will check in later!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney​

:thumbsup2 Enjoy your day!

Am I the only one who has never stayed in a Deluxe? We haven't been able to afford it yet.

Some people can only afford it because of the discount codes Disney gives out. It doesn't matter where you stay, Its magical everywhere!;)

Congrats on your upcoming trip! Have a wonderful time..:wizard:

Okay, I know I'm about a month late, but can I join in the wait, too?

I've applied the past couple of years and haven't made it through the first round and I told myself that I wasn't even going to apply this year. But, I broke down and did as a spur of the moment thing, so I'm hoping that my non-rehearsed answers work out better than my answers that I've worked on for days and days.

Good luck to all and thanks for letting me jump in!!!

This is my first post this year! I am anxiously waiting to hear whether I made it to round 2 :)

Good luck to everyone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter