Amazing Adventures of the 2011 Disney Mom's Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
-they already knew when selecting the number of (10) NEW candidates how many they were keeping on. Just a guess...I believe last year they were just adding ten new panelists and with past panelists it totaled twenty four. I might be wrong on my numbers. I believe when they say TEN they mean Ten new Disney Mom's Panelists..Any thoughts?:confused:

That was what I had understood too. Hope that is how it works out!

Oh shoot yeah you should scream! That is something to scream about. While the rest of us would be a little envious (because that is only natural), that certainly doesn't mean we wouldn't be cheering you on. Here we are now..... :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Therefore everyone who attempted the Mom's panelist application has at least, thrown their hat in the ring! Hooray, for all who have! Also, all we have right now is hopeful speculation..;)

Ok.....so here's a question....what will our edicit be when we start finding out?

Should we shout out loud in excitement and be happy for one another or be discreet so as to not hurt others' feelings?

Thoughts?
Have to shout it out! I believe that the more that make it through from the Dis, let's those that don't, at least feel we're on the right path. Maybe it's not our year, but we are in the right place to learn from those that do.:teacher:

Anyone know off hand how many Disers went on to round 2 last year? I'm sure its somewhere in an old thread, just can't find it.

Ok, I have a side track question for ya’ll. Has anyone here ever gotten one of the watches that is hand drawn by a Disney artist. The ones on Main Street.

I am thinking of having one done to commemorate the birth of my son this year and was wondering if it was worth it.

Also, what image would you suggest for the occasion? I am leaning towards one of Dumbo and his mom. The one with the trunk around him.

This is what I am thinking about as I wait for the announcement. Also trying to figure out how to tell my husband I want to spend that kind of money on a watch. :rolleyes:

I think I'm in the camp of shout out loud in excitement and be happy for one another! I think we all realize that there are so many great choices from this board alone, and we can't all realistically be chosen. I'd rather share in someone else's joy than feel sad for myself. Will I feel a twinge of jealousy if I'm not chosen, sure, BUT I'd rather be happy for those that were! That's just me though - I may be in the minority!

I completely agree. After all, we are all here with a common goal :goodvibes

I recall pretty many advanced to round two. I was really surprised at how many advanced. Now how many went on to round three and on to the panel, I don't know.

I think I'm in the camp of shout out loud in excitement and be happy for one another! I think we all realize that there are so many great choices from this board alone, and we can't all realistically be chosen. I'd rather share in someone else's joy than feel sad for myself. Will I feel a twinge of jealousy if I'm not chosen, sure, BUT I'd rather be happy for those that were! That's just me though - I may be in the minority!

I agree!! Even if I do not receive the long awaited "E-mail", I will still be excited and cheering on those that do make it to round 2! Shout it from the roof tops!!:cheer2:

2010 Round two:
missy28 - Melissa from Tifton, GA
koolaidmoms - Marci from Rochester, NY
DisneyAndRedSox – Michelle From MA
magic2go – Kathie From Greer, SC
Tiggsntx - Allison From Plano, TX
TraciLeigh - Traci From Sylvania, Ohio
ahill004 - Anne From Baltimore, MD
abh218 - Mandy From Pittsburgh, PA
Suey12 - Sue From Chester, UK
alamode – Paul From Toronto, Ontario, Canada
JennyT2 - ? From Canada
Cuddlemama - Leigh From Binghamton, NY
yolie912 - Yolima From Hialeah, FL
johnkimv - Kim From Delray Beach, FL
mamato3princesses – Lisa From Sutton, MA
NDM#1 - JL from Staunton, VA
Ti2GrLvr – Penny From Daytona Beach, Florida
5fromabove - Kaylene From Falmouth, MA
glo - Gloria From Franklin, MA
jaysbabe - Paula D From Brandon, FL
westie22 - Laura From Austin, TX
CanadianPaco - ? From Ontario, Canada
Basket Mommy - Beth From Taylors, SC
disneyplanner76 - ?
AngVen - Angela From Nova Scotia, Canada
MrShiny - Jeff From Chicago, IL
SKWDW - Kathy From Cottonwood, AZ
seallenz - Amanda From Raleigh, NC
DisneySunflower - ? From Indianapolis, IN
cbh – Carrie From West Point, NY
ccgirl - ? From Cape Cod, MA
ZannaLand - Suzannah From Wesley Chapel, FL
kevhead23 - Kevin From Dyer, IN
ehrn - Lyssa From Mercerville, NJ
Disbug – Denise From FL
ohmanda - Amanda From Atlanta, GA
geogat - ? From NH
Buckeye Princess - Cassandra From Cleveland, OH
marcmantoo - Marc From Corning, NY*
DisJPK - Jonas From New York City, NY*
Alison_in_Wonderland – Allison From Washington, DC
ZipaDeeDooDad - Joel From Milwaukee, Wisconsin
figmentfan1 - NE From ?
Bellechere - Brenna From Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
amyrue - Amy From Jasper, GA

Round Three:
The 13 Round Three DisBoarders are:

Amanda from Atlanta, GA aka ohmanda
Amanda from Raleigh, NC aka seallenz
Amy from Jasper, GA aka amyrue *
Dannee from Indianapolis, IN aka DisneySunflower
Jonas from New York City, NY aka DisJPK *
Kathie from Greer, SC aka magic2go
Kaylene from Falmouth, MA aka 5fromabove
Marc from Corning,NY aka marcmantoo *
Suzannah from Wesley Chapel, FL aka ZannaLand
Brenna from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
aka Bellechere
Joel from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
aka ZipaDeeDooDad
And Gloria from Franklin, M
A aka glo

And Sue from Chester, UK aka Suey12

Who have both had to withdraw from the competition for personal reasons.

On November 10th the following was announced:

Announcing the DisBoards members that are now part of

The 2010 Walt Disney World Mom's Panel!

magic2go – Kathie from Greer, SC
5fromabove – Kaylene from Falmouth, MA
DisneySunflower – Dannee from Indianapolis, IN
Bellechere – Brenna from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
seallenz – Amanda from Raleigh, NC
ZipaDeeDooDad – Joel from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
amyrue – Amy from Jasper, GA

Part Time Panelists for 2010 are:

ZannaLand - Suzannah from Wesley Chapel, FL
ohamanda – Amanda from Atlanta, GA
Marcmantoo - Marc from Corning NY
DisJPK – Jonas from New York City, NY

Here you go!

I drink out of mine every morning as I read through the Dis. I'm not really a morning person and my Mickey cup agrees, he's holding one bloodshot eye open and he says "Its rough in the morning!" I laughed when I bought this last August, My DH said "Heres your new Disney coffee cup!"

I love to buy Disney souvenirs that I can use all year long, So I can have Mickey around me at all times, for instance: Mickey pjs, pizza cutter,wine bottle opener,pillow,pictures,wine glasses, etc. So everywhere I look I see Disney. The mouse is always watching! :mickeyjum

Same here, except I use one of our many refillable mugs each morning. And I really love my Mickey wine bottle cork from France in EPCOT (a surprise from my husband on one of our trips!) Previously, I just used refill mugs for coffee, but then we started buying straws and using them for the whole family for soda, etc. throughout the day. For those of us who use our refill mugs on the trip and then at home, they are such a great value!

I just submitted my application for that Social Media Manager position. I cannot imagine I have any chance at that job, considering my age and experience level. But I know I possess the skills to thrive. Of course, it's an incredible long shot, but it's worth a try.

And thanks for posting that list! I can't believe how many people advanced!

Pyrxtc,

Thanks for the quote. These are this year's qualifications. I was thinking that this is different from previous years.

Is it different?? I thought last year it just said 12 months and something less than 25 a week.??

P.S. What does Pyrxtc stand for?? My name, ticofan, is from the Portuguese for "Chip". Tico and Teco are my favorite charactors!! Chip and Dale forever!! :yay:

Pyrxtc = pure ecstasy

I'm all for shouting from the rooftops! I want to be able to cheer everyone on who makes it to round two, and if I made it, I would want the support of the DIS crew!

I just submitted my application for that Social Media Manager position. I cannot imagine I have any chance at that job, considering my age and experience level. But I know I possess the skills to thrive. Of course, it's an incredible long shot, but it's worth a try.

And thanks for posting that list! I can't believe how many people advanced!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. :) Fingers crossed, best wishes, and, of course, :tink:pixie dust!

Well, the first round application process was 5 days shorter than last year, so maybe the 8th isn't too far off base...
I'd love that, it's our anniversary tomorrow.... :lovestruc

Now I love my morning coffee o so much! But...has anyone else noticed that your morning cup of coffee tastes extra delicious when served in a Disney mug?!
Absolutely!! I'm currently drinking my latte in my Mickey mug, which is my favorite... but a close second is my AKL mug, and my castle mug, and my DH's mickey mug... :rotfl:

I love to buy Disney souvenirs that I can use all year long, So I can have Mickey around me at all times, for instance: Mickey pjs, pizza cutter,wine bottle opener,pillow,pictures,wine glasses, etc. So everywhere I look I see Disney. The mouse is always watching! :mickeyjum
I'm the same... I think we have Disney in every room of the house, either as a "useful item" or just a "pretty". People who don't know us well learn very quickly when they visit what our family loves -- Disney, and Maine! (tons of ocean glass and tidal stuff everywhere, too... quite a mix, I guess...;))

One thing I don't understand that perhaps one of you veteran applicants can explain. Disney announced it is hiring 10 new people, yet we learned today that the company asked one of the current panelists to return. I imagine that means we will start hearing of more returners in the coming days. Doesn't that affect the number of new panelists Disney can hire? I always figured the incumbents' fate had already been determined.
I think I heard that another panelist has been asked to return, as well, based on a FB/Tweet yesterday... but I'm thinking that these returning panelists have nothing to do with the 10 new panelists they're bringing on board. I have a feeling Disney has known for awhile who'd they'd like to keep on the panel, and they also have panelists who have been on the panel for 2 yrs leaving. I'm just guessing that they have a good number of "current" panelists they'd like to keep around, which makes sense to me b/c the comaraderie and relationship b/w them all seems amazing this year, and that Disney knew ahead of time they'd only need about 10 new people to "mix in". Here's to hoping that some of us on this thread get to join this amazing group!! :goodvibes

I know if I make it, there will be no holding it in ! I will be posting here and creating my own post so everyone will see it !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter