Amazing Adventures of the 2011 Disney Mom's Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suey12- I'm so sorry to hear about your son's black eye, and on his birthday too! :sad2: I hope he feels better soon and you are able to still have a great day.

Well, this is it for me for the next week. I'll be thinking about all of you (and maybe will run into some of you) while at WDW. I might be able to check in once or twice to see the news since DH is bringing his laptop, but I hope you all have a magical week! Oh, and if anyone could send positive vibes/good thoughts my way tomorrow morning, I think we're going to need it trying to keep Everett in his seat and entertained for the two hour flight!

So many of the Moms on the panel (and Dads too!) are headed to Walt Disney World this weekend. We have a tweet-up at the Odyssey center, and several other activities tied to the Princess Half Marathon.

Needless to say, we will be thinking of all of you waiting on word for the next round of the process. Hopefully we will even get to meet some of you there at the tweet-up.

So hang in there, and we promise to 'bully' the Disney team to speeding up the process! The waiting can be torture!

Best of luck!

Ah well good morning everyone, this has already been an eventful day - it's Happy Birthday to my DS - 12 today !!!!

So, he goes off to school on the bus.

Then I get text messages from him saying "come and get me" - not giving a reason..... then the school phones to say there was an incident on the bus and my DS got punched in the eye. :mad:

Outcome is that DS is spending the day at home with me, he's absolutely fine, apart from a developing black eye.

The other boy is very sorry, they are friends (and I'm good friends with his mum !!!!!), and school are dealing with the incident very seriously.

Not the way we planned his birthday - but I'm happy he really is fine now. :thumbsup2

That has sure taken my mind off Moms Panel News ! :)

Oh my heavens!! Poor guy! What a birthday gift!! At least he gets to spend his birthday at home being spoiled, right??

So many of the Moms on the panel (and Dads too!) are headed to Walt Disney World this weekend. We have a tweet-up at the Odyssey center, and several other activities tied to the Princess Half Marathon.

Needless to say, we will be thinking of all of you waiting on word for the next round of the process. Hopefully we will even get to meet some of you there at the tweet-up.

So hang in there, and we promise to 'bully' the Disney team to speeding up the process! The waiting can be torture!

Best of luck!

Thanks for thinking of us!! The weeks have been sort of creeping along since I applied!! Have a great time!

Just wanted to wish everyone safe travels for their trips to WDW this week for the meetup/run/F&W festivities!:woohoo:

Have a blast/run hard/eat plenty! And be sure to update us with all the yummy F&W food (pics are good!)popcorn::

Going back into hibernation now...:sick:

Just a guess, but I hardly think anyone really important has read the applications yet. I know Laura & Leanne were in Chicago & then in DC having dinners with bloggers during the week that the applications were being submitted. And last week Laura was at the Type-A-Mom conference and Leanne was in NY for the big press event. So I'm thinking that this will be the week that they will be reading and reading. Just sharing what I know, but who knows if they brought some along to read on the airplanes.
Don't know who or what you're talking about! Clearly, I'm not paying enough attention!

Well, there go my chances!

;)

Don't know who or what you're talking about! Clearly, I'm not paying enough attention!

Well, there go my chances!

;)

I don't believe for a minute that not knowing Laura or Leanne will hurt your chances to make the panel. :)

Leanne Jakubowski is Director of Social Media at WDW Resort.

Laura Spencer is the Social Media Manager for WDW Resort. She was part of the inaugural WDW Moms Panel and has since seen her dream of becoming a cast member come true.

Ah, Suey, sorry to hear about this...esp as they are friends. Blame it on those hormones...HOpe the rest of his day gets better.

To those leaving this week -- have a great and safe time at WDW!!

Also, thanks for the info on our MP leaders! I don't Twitter so it's nice to see how they are getting around. I'm so happy for them (and a bit jealous, too!):rotfl: They truly have a DREAM job!

Laura Spencer is the Social Media Manager for WDW Resort. She was part of the inaugural WDW Moms Panel and has since seen her dream of becoming a cast member come true.
What a great story! Talk about truly living a dream!

Now that you mention it, I follow Ms. Jakubowski on Twitter! I'm getting so anxious!

Suey, I'm so sorry to hear that happened to your son, no less on his birthday -- that stinks!! But glad he's okay and home with you -- and I hope he has a better birthday than how it started out!!

As far as the applications, I'm doubting much is getting done this week, as well, as I know JoAnne is headed to WDW for the Moms Panel meet and the F&W Fest marathon... and honestly, I hope they're not reading them on the plane - I wouldn't want that kind of distraction while trying to find 10 gems amongst 10,000 others!! :goodvibes But then, they're probably a whole lot more immune to flying and it's issues than I am... I fly about once a year, if that... I'm sure they're in planes a couple of times a month!! I know when our friends fly, they say the plane is their 'virtual office'....

Thanks for popping in, Doug, and have a fun wknd -- and thanks for putting in a good word for all of us waiting here at home!!

Hope everyone's having a good day!

Thanks so much everyone for your kind wishes for my son, he's feeling much better (most of it was shock), and has enjoyed a nice day at home with me !!!! :love:

Candleonthewater - best of luck with your flight tomorrow - I bet Everett will surprise you and be as good as gold for the whole flight :goodvibes

Good to see you stopping by Doug, just read your book and loved it! Yes please, do put a good word in for us here in the waiting room. We would love a quick answer, but I don't want them to rush their reading too much !!! Have a great time. :yay:

I've been thinking about this 'waiting process' - I think it's made all the harder for not knowing the date on which we will hear any news. We know it's probably not this week - possibly towards the end of next week? - From previous experience with Round Two, I think we were told when we would expect to hear about our progress. Obviously applications for Round Two are considerably fewer than the first Round (couple of hundred vs. several thousand) so they can probably guage how quickly they can make a decision. :) I remember also, once we neared the possible date of notification, I would pop in to this waiting room and there would be 5 or 6 new pages since my last visit, and I would be sure that everyone had heard some news...but usually it was just down to heightened excitement, not any news at all!!!

I'm rambling...time for tea :)

Suey, I'm so sorry about your son. Glad he's okay and home safely! Best plane ride wishes for Everett! I can TOTALLY and COMPLETELY relate! To everyone meeting up for the Moms meet/Princess runprincess:...have a magical trip full of memories to share with everyone! To all of us...pixie dust and a little luck thrown in for good measure. :cheer2:

Have a truly magical week, everyone!:wizard:

Sorry for the excess smilies...It's just a smilie kind of day. ;)

Suey, I'm so sorry about your son. Glad he's okay and home safely! Best plane ride wishes for Everett! I can TOTALLY and COMPLETELY relate! To everyone meeting up for the Moms meet/Princess runprincess:...have a magical trip full of memories to share with everyone! To all of us...pixie dust and a little luck thrown in for good measure. :cheer2:

Have a truly magical week, everyone!:wizard:

Sorry for the excess smilies...It's just a smilie kind of day. ;)

Who's going to MNSSHP Thursday night? What time are you entering?

:)

Jud

Hi Doug,
I do hope the MP members will be in attendance during the January WDW Marathon Weekend as well! (That would be an added incentive to my training...)pixiedust:
We'll be looking for those tweets :goodvibes

Can't wait for the results... I would LOVE to go in December, that would push me to lose the weight by then instead of July. I need an e-mail from them and then I'm paying for the gym and a personal trainer ... LOL!

Oh I am with you on that. I am already going to the gym and dieting but advancing to the next round would give me extra incentive.:cheer2::cheer2:
And all this waiting doesn't help when you are trying to diet popcorn::

Every one have fun this week. I would love to do the Princess marathon next year!

Looking forward to meeting all of you who will be at Epcot on Saturday. Look for me, I'll be the one in pink! :rotfl2: Seriously - can't wait. Continued luck to you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter