Amazing Adventures of the 2011 Disney Mom's Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Cindy!! I just wish the time would pass a little faster! ;)

Ditto!! Although if the 2nd round of applicants is announced when everyone is speculating it will be, I will be away in the Finger Lakes, sipping wine & celebrating my anniversary. :love: How much would I love it if I could add another celebration to the wknd... :rotfl:

Ditto!! Although if the 2nd round of applicants is announced when everyone is speculating it will be, I will be away in the Finger Lakes, sipping wine & celebrating my anniversary. :love: How much would I love it if I could add another celebration to the wknd... :rotfl:

Minus the butting in on your anniversay, can I come with you. :rolleyes1

I love the Finger Lakes and my wine fridge proves it. Went a little wild there this summer. Have a Limp Richard's Elixir for me if you visit Three Brothers Winery.

Waiting.... waiting.... waiting.... :hyper: :sail:
Hey, think of it this way: At this point in the process, somebody could have read your application and already deemed it worthy of the second round! The e-mail be drafted and ready to go out as soon as the time comes!

Hey, think of it this way: At this point in the process, somebody could have read your application and already deemed it worthy of the second round! The e-mail be drafted and ready to go out as soon as the time comes!

Hah! I'm going with the hope that my application was so phenomenal, so awe-inspiring, so thought-provoking, so completely filled with bank routing infomation and short, detailed instructions on how to transfer the money to an anonymous, international account that second and third round interviews are merely a formality in my case. :;)

Well, it may not have had that, but I was fairly happy with my answers this year. :thumbsup2

Minus the butting in on your anniversay, can I come with you. :rolleyes1

I love the Finger Lakes and my wine fridge proves it. Went a little wild there this summer. Have a Limp Richard's Elixir for me if you visit Three Brothers Winery.

:goodvibes Where did you stay, and for how long? And which lakes did you do? We're staying at a B&B in Canandaigua, doing a few wineries on Seneca and Keuka, and some shopping/touring. We haven't been in a few years, and I can't wait!! :woohoo: I'll be sure to have an elixir for you... sounds exotic and tres yummy!! :)

Hope everyone's had a good night... and it's Tuesday already!! I'm at work, so time's flying... (well, not really, but that's okay... )

Has anyone received a confirmation email yet about the Moms Panel meet at The Odyssey this Saturday? I was able to register, but I haven't heard back yet, and it is only 4 days away :confused3

Continuing on the "How Disney affects your child" idea - DD is pretty much convinced that all airplanes, everywhere, fly only to Disney. For most of last year, we would see a plane fly overhead on our way to the bus stop, and she would look up, point to the plane flying east (probably toward Detroit), and say "Daddy! Look at the plane of people going to Disney!"

:laughing:My daughter used to do the same thing!! Now her big thing is, "How do we get to Disney World?" Then she answers her own question, "Drive in the minivan, ride on the airplane, ride Magical express, then Disney World!" Oh, to be in her little head!:goodvibes

Now I have Dory stuck in my head...

Just keep waiting...just keep waiting...

:surfweb::surfweb::surfweb:

Sorry, I've been sick and I think between the waiting and head stuffiness (plus meds) I'm starting to get a little loopy.:sick:

:hyper:

:goodvibes Where did you stay, and for how long? And which lakes did you do? We're staying at a B&B in Canandaigua, doing a few wineries on Seneca and Keuka, and some shopping/touring. We haven't been in a few years, and I can't wait!! :woohoo: I'll be sure to have an elixir for you... sounds exotic and tres yummy!! :)

My husbands family is in Baldwinsville right outside Syracuse so we used them as base of operation. We spent two days there in July and could have spent a week. We only got to Keuka and Seneca Lake.

My favorites that were just fun were the Bully Hill tasting (pay for it, it's a hoot) on Keuka and Three Brothers on Seneca. There are also some breweries we wanted to get to but never did.

We fly in for Christmas on December 23 and have already starting planning to go back weather permitting.

Have fun and tell me what you see non winery related. I would love some recommendations.

Now I have Dory stuck in my head...

Just keep waiting...just keep waiting...

:surfweb::surfweb::surfweb:

Sorry, I've been sick and I think between the waiting and head stuffiness (plus meds) I'm starting to get a little loopy.:sick:

:hyper:

I had to put Finding Nemo the Musical on this morning because of you! :rotfl:

Hope you are feeling better this morning.

My husbands family is in Baldwinsville right outside Syracuse so we used them as base of operation. We spent two days there in July and could have spent a week. We only got to Keuka and Seneca Lake.

My favorites that were just fun were the Bully Hill tasting (pay for it, it's a hoot) on Keuka and Three Brothers on Seneca. There are also some breweries we wanted to get to but never did.

We fly in for Christmas on December 23 and have already starting planning to go back weather permitting.

Have fun and tell me what you see non winery related. I would love some recommendations.

Wow - his family is close! I'm from Liverpool, we now live in Marcellus, just southwest of the city in apple/horse country. :) I'll be sure and let you know what else we do... I'm sure they'll have some wonderful holiday happenings going on!! For starters -- check out Belhurst Castle and Sonnenberg Gardens -- I'm sure they'll have festivities!!

Got to head off to bed... very, very tired... no babies last night, just moms & babies... need sleep....

This tickled me. It sounds like you are preparing for a military attack. :rotfl:

You have never seen me wine tasting. Maps, GPS, brochures, reviews...serious business. :rotfl:
(wait until you see me at Food and Wine in November)

For starters -- check out Belhurst Castle and Sonnenberg Gardens -- I'm sure they'll have festivities!!

Thanks for the tips. I will definately check them out!

Morning everyone! The massive rain stoppped here this morning and now the sun is shining brightly.

I've been busy trying to figure out the whole Girl Scouts thing. I tried to sign my DD5 up for a troop but they are all filled with a 35 person wait list. So another mom and I decided to start our own troop ... although neither of us have done this before.

I know it'll be fun ... but right now it's just all the paperwork and training. I can't wait to get to the crafts and fun part!

Anyone else a troop leader?

Morning everyone! The massive rain stoppped here this morning and now the sun is shining brightly.

I've been busy trying to figure out the whole Girl Scouts thing. I tried to sign my DD5 up for a troop but they are all filled with a 35 person wait list. So another mom and I decided to start our own troop ... although neither of us have done this before.

I know it'll be fun ... but right now it's just all the paperwork and training. I can't wait to get to the crafts and fun part!

I started my now 18 year olds Daisy troop because no one else would. Feel free to PM me with any questions. I haven't been involved for 4 years, but can probably help you out.

I'm not a girl scout leader, but I am a den leader for one of my cub scouts (weblelos).

There is a great Disney/Scouting site I like to visit that may help you out called "Scouting with the Mouse"

I'd add a link here, but for some reason it keeps coming back as gibberish.

Anyone running this weekend? WE are doing the 5k at MK with the boys (10 &6) and then DH and I are doing the relay...I cannot wait!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter