Amazing Adventures of the 2011 Disney Mom's Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
19 days for us too!

Back in March I won a trip to WDW from Orbitz on Twitter. My husband and I decided to take our moms. It's his moms first trip to WDW! Orbitz and Disney is putting us up at the Polynesian (lagoon view) for one week with park hoppers, Cirque tickets, spa treatment, and a $250 gift card. They are covering our flights as well. We could not be more excited since we normally stay at a value or moderate resort.

I feel so blessed. I'll probably cry my eyes out when we get to the Poly.

If anyone out there is interested in reading my Disney blog (I often talk about the upcoming trip) feel free to check it out. http://disney-nerd.blogspot.com

On Twitter as well... @Stacey87 :D

Wow! What an awesome prize to win! I'm like you, we haven't been able to afford to stay in anything other than a Mod/Value yet. I think I might have to start following Orbitz on Twitter...

19 days for us too!

Back in March I won a trip to WDW from Orbitz on Twitter. My husband and I decided to take our moms. It's his moms first trip to WDW! Orbitz and Disney is putting us up at the Polynesian (lagoon view) for one week with park hoppers, Cirque tickets, spa treatment, and a $250 gift card. They are covering our flights as well. We could not be more excited since we normally stay at a value or moderate resort.

I feel so blessed. I'll probably cry my eyes out when we get to the Poly.

If anyone out there is interested in reading my Disney blog (I often talk about the upcoming trip) feel free to check it out. http://disney-nerd.blogspot.com

On Twitter as well... @Stacey87 :D
That's amazing, congrats on winning such an amazing trip! I added you on twitter but i'm a twit on there, lol... I just don't get the point of it I suppose. I'll have to check out your blog to hear all about your trip though.

BTW, not only will we be there on the same dates but my name is Stacey with an "E" too! :thumbsup2

Just as a general comment based on many posts so far today, I once again feel the need to reiterated that everybody here deserves a spot on that panel. In fact, I guarantee that Disney folks could take any 10 people from this thread, and the panel would thrive regardless of who they picked. The people ultimately chosen as panelists do not represent the 10 "best" candidates. They represent 10 of the 15,000 best applicants. Unfortunately, so much of this process depends on luck. Disney may want certain types of people this year. The company may read something you or I consider an "ordinary" application and jump on it for whatever reason.

Everybody here tried their absolute best and wrote their applications from their hearts. That alone makes us a winner.

This is why I love the Disboards! We all share a love for Disney and words of encouragement for each other. :thumbsup2

Mickeystoontown , TriSeb-VivaWDW , mzozzietj , HelloConnie and WDWTeri

THANK you all for your donation to Give Kids the World <3 It is wonderful to know we are all helping to bring some Magic to families who need it the most.

Don't even mention it. I am blessed with a DW and 2 DS... It's my honor to give what I have received.

This year, I decided to just chill out, relax, and enjoy what I was writing about. For what it's worth, sounds to me like you did a great job :woohoo:

Ditto here..... 4th time's a charm, right? (At least I'm hoping anyway! :rotfl: )

I can't believe I only stumbled upon this thread today! I'm usually over on the YC/BC board, but I have a child home from school sick today so I spent too much time on the computer, :rolleyes1:rolleyes1 but still not enough time to go through the whole thread yet.... I plan to soon!

Hello everyone and hi Kaylene!!!! :banana:

Wow! What an awesome prize to win! I'm like you, we haven't been able to afford to stay in anything other than a Mod/Value yet. I think I might have to start following Orbitz on Twitter...

You really should! I think a month ago they had another Disney contest. I seriously thought NO ONE won those silly things. I'm not a sweeper or a frequent contest entrant. I just happened to submit my best "Disney tip" and the Disney Gods rained on me. Haha!

That's amazing, congrats on winning such an amazing trip! I added you on twitter but i'm a twit on there, lol... I just don't get the point of it I suppose. I'll have to check out your blog to hear all about your trip though.

BTW, not only will we be there on the same dates but my name is Stacey with an "E" too! :thumbsup2

If you need any Twitter help let me know! I'd be happy to help. Once you learn the basics you'll understand its so ridiculously simple. I had an account for 7 or 8 months before I ever REALLY used it last summer. I use it as a basic communication tool. It is the easiest way to keep in touch with people in the Disney community and get the latest news.

You have an AWESOME name! You don't spell it the "weird" way... without an "E!" That still looks odd to me. Haha!

Mickeystoontown , TriSeb-VivaWDW , mzozzietj , HelloConnie and WDWTeri

THANK you all for your donation to Give Kids the World <3 It is wonderful to know we are all helping to bring some Magic to families who need it the most.
No problem at all. I'm on their email list, it is an incredible place.

I love reading all the posts here - you guys are so awesome. I've been second-guessing my answers since applying (as I'm sure many of us are) but really, what's done is done and I need to put it out of my mind.
I'll be in WDW in less than three weeks and I may or may not hear from them then. Either way - it's ok - I'll be too busy to worry about it until I get back.
Good luck to everyone that applied!

Ticofan,

Besides failing to meet the basic qualifications or extremely sloppy writing on the application, I doubt any one response can condemn or elevate an application. I don't know much about the selection process, but it seems clear Disney looks at a range of things. I think you can exhale and join us in our waiting.

Everybody here can recall their application and find something worth changing. Force yourself to realize that reality and keep posting in this thread for support! This little community truly eases the anxiety!

Thank you for the support! I came back to the board today and it was 5 pages longer. I try to read every post because I don't want to miss anything. It looks like I am not the only one second guessing my responses.

Saw the post about Give Kids the World. My 4 yr old nephew just had his wish granted a few weeks ago at Disneyworld. Wow! It goes without saying, they had an amazing time thanks to wonderful people like you!

I also will happily help anybody looking to start using Twitter. I cover baseball for a living and Twitter has become a crucial element of my job. I'm not expert, but I know enough to help someone learn the basics!

It's fun and addictive, and there is a fantastic Disney community there!

I also will happily help anybody looking to start using Twitter. I cover baseball for a living and Twitter has become a crucial element of my job. I'm not expert, but I know enough to help someone learn the basics!

I may take you up on that! I have a twitter account that I have never used. :confused3 I know once I got going, I would LOVE it....just not well versed in it yet.

Shoot me a private message anytime! I look forward to hearing from you!

Settling into work now, which means plenty of time to surf this thread and chat with my friend Disney buddies!

I have a twitter account, and I have read posts, but never posted anything myself. I am more into facebook right now. I guess my question is, why is twitter better or more convenient than facebook?

I have a twitter account, and I have read posts, but never posted anything myself. I am more into facebook right now. I guess my question is, why is twitter better or more convenient than facebook?

I wonder the same thing. Like you, I have a twitter acct. but I guess I just never took the time to learn how it all works.:confused3 I am also on FB.

And like so many of you I have second guessed my answers. I realized, on the planning question, it asked for which resources you use....well, I put the wrong website. Hope I didn't totally blow it. :scared1:

Meanwhile, to keep me somewhat sane,I am helping 2 families plan their first trip on-site with children. :surfweb: I actually have 2 trips in the works for my own family. We are doing a one day trip to the MK using our GAD vouchers in Oct and then spending a couple days at the beach. :) On Dec 30 we head back staying off site and basically just resort hoppong to see all of the beautiful decorations. We will check in at POR on Jan 1 and come home on the 10th. I have a dear friend getting married at WDW (Shades of Green) on Jan. 7, so that trip will be packed with fun. Can hardly wait.:woohoo:

TTFN
Darlene

I worked in the MK, so I can vouch for the fake smells. They have it in the confectionary too--the same scent wafts out of the Goofy's Candy Co. float from the Halloween parade. I LOVE that smell. I worked on Main Street, so every time the Halloween parade came through I smelled it. Now whenever I go into the confectionary I'm transferred to my carefree college days and warm fall nights working at MK. It's become a very nostalgic smell.

I also witnessed many non-magical things in the tunnels. I just think about Disney in a different way when I'm a guest...none of the magic has been lost for me.

Same for me! I am a CP alum Summer 1996. I worked in the Bake Shop where the cookie smell was pumped out from. Even though I knew it was fake, it didn't make me want cookies any less! And even though I know where lots of the secret doors are to the tunnel and other tricks of the trade, it still feels just as magical.

I am joining the "waiting room"! I wish I would have found this thread before I submitted my application. Oh well, live and learn. I am second guessing my answers just like the rest of you. I guess if it's meant to be then it will be.

It has taken me a while to get through all the pages here.:eek: What a great community of support you all are. Looking forward to all the excitement that lies ahead.

BTW: Those cookies looked soooo good. I went and bought a strawberry cake mix and white chocolate chips. Can't wait to try them!:goodvibes

Wow! This morning the thread was 45 pages and now we are up to page 50!!

My answer to #2 was about a co worker taking her three young children and how she was excited to learn about Magical Express. I have pretty much convinced myself that my answers were pretty plain so I am not expecting to go on to round 2 but I am excited to see who of us does!!
I did have a dream the other night about the phone interview and they asked what my favorite Disney trivia was and I couldn't think of anything!! So maybe my subconscious is more optimistic than I am!

Oh and I made a batch of cake mix cookies - french vanilla with white and dark chocolate chips. Excellent! I also bought a spice cake mix and I am going to try butterscotch chips but I am going to wait until it is officially fall to make that version. I love fall food!!

Barb E

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter