Amazing 1st cruise!

DragonflyinAmber

Earning My Ears
A newbie to forum, just wanted to say what an amazing time my family had on the Disney Fantasy last month. We did the Western Caribbean cruise out of Port Canaveral. Our 2 boys (6 & 9) can't wait to sail again.

2017 will be a saving up $$$$$ year. Plans are to book the Eastern Caribbean cruise in July 2018. We heard lots of good thing about the Eastern trip while on this cruise.

I read an interesting post on another forum. Curious if people agree with it...

Disney Cruise Line is how my family got into cruising, Royal Caribbean is how we can afford to keep cruising. DCL is just not worth the premium price anymore now that my kids are older & the "wow" factor of seeing Mickey & getting character autographs is gone.

So have people shifted to RC once their kids get older & the Disney features are no longer a draw?

Hi DragonflyinAmber,

Glad to hear you had a magical time. We went on our first Disney cruise in 2004 when DD was 7. We will be cruising on Fantasy to Westen Caribbean in 2017 (5th) and DD has not outgrown DCL yet. I think I am the one who is more excited about cruising with Disney though. I did check out RCCL but still decided to pay $1000+ more for the Disney magic. I will make a placeholder booking again. Can't wait to cruise as a Gold member!

Have fun planning for your next Disney cruise!

Last edited:
I read an interesting post on another forum. Curious if people agree with it...

Disney Cruise Line is how my family got into cruising, Royal Caribbean is how we can afford to keep cruising. DCL is just not worth the premium price anymore now that my kids are older & the "wow" factor of seeing Mickey & getting character autographs is gone.

So have people shifted to RC once their kids get older & the Disney features are no longer a draw?
We started cruising w/DCL when my daughter was still a child...she is now a adult and we just got off the Panama Canal EB cruise and we all still love DCL. The crew was FANTASTIC and we had truly excellent service, food was delicious and overall incredible trip. We will be staying with DCL.

Honestly, my 16 year old son had I think more fun that my dd5 and she wanted us to turn around and book another one immediately (we did book a placeholder but to make it affordable, it will be an every other year thing to continue cruising DCL). DH and I hung around grandparent aged people that did not have kids or grandkids on the DCL cruise and were completing their 13th so I have to say they would not agree with that statement about when the kids get older it will lose its value. None of them have even cruise DCL with their kids/grandkids (one of the couples didnt even have kids). They said the value was in overall service Disney provides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter