Amanda & Jeff 12/7/15 - YCG/Marina/Ariel's/France - Update 10/25: Napa Rose Chefs Counter!

Yay! I just found out that Kristie is my wedding planner too! I'm so glad that I'm in great hands. We just had our first phone appointment with her yesterday and it went well. I can't wait to meet her at our planning session.

Looking forward to hearing about your rehearsal dinner...and even more, your wedding day!

Ok, commenting back-to-back because WOW! YOUR PICTURES ARE AMAZING!!! So beautiful and unique. I so wish The Roots were in my budget!

Kristie is so great! You will love her. And thank you! The Roots are definitely expensive, but they were our number one priority, even more than having a Disney wedding. I have loved their work for so long, and I knew we had to have them.

Who the heck was the kid snooping in the window?? At least he could have smiled or something wth?? LOL

The tablecloth covers for your reception are to die for. How elegant & beautiful. I'm totally loving the purple!!
And I can't wait to watch the video (if you have one) for the reception, because holy cow y'all looked like you had a grand time!

I'll be seeing the Gazebo in a couple of months! You've made me excited!!

Hahaha, I have no idea what that kid was doing. He appeared, and the Roots just kept taking photos!

Thank you! Linens were really important to me. I didn't want big floral centerpieces, and I wanted the linens to be the main decor of the room. We will have a video in a few months. I can't wait to see it either. We had a blast!

I walked even further, from the main lobby of yacht club down the wooden boardwalk to the brick path... It was so long I couldn't even see the gazebo from where we left the hotel!

Oh my gosh, you win! We walked out of that far door that's on the left side if you're facing the gazebo.

Loving your updates Amanda, congratulations! Your photos are beautiful, love the purple!! We are also using a lot of the same vendors as you guys, so am super happy you have great things to say about all of them :lovestruc Cant wait to read more!

Thank you! Everyone was super great. It was truly a perfect day.

December 6th - Rehearsal Day! - Part 3

At first I was trying to slow down my trip report while we waited to get our wedding photos, but since we now have our full gallery (see my previous post, if you haven’t already), I can go full speed ahead! Especially considering I’d like to get more done before we go on our next vacation. To help combat the post-wedding depression, we’re going on a cruise on the Disney Wonder in February. Woohoo!

Anyway, where I left off in my last post, we had just found out that our room was ready in time to move our stuff in there and then head out to our rehearsal dinner. I texted or emailed our room number to the Roots, Trinity, LeJeune Artistry, and our wedding planner Janice, and then we headed down to the Beach Club lobby to meet with our friends and family.

For our rehearsal dinner, we had booked the 4:00 showing of the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue. We’re big fans of Hoop Dee Doo, and we loved the idea of doing the “dinner and a show” idea for our rehearsal dinner. We purposefully chose the 4:00 show, so people could drink all the free sangria they wanted but hopefully wouldn’t be hungover the following morning.

Originally I figured we would have enough cars that everyone could drive to Hoop Dee Doo, but then I got worried about people drinking and driving. So in the end, we chose to use Disney transportation, even though we knew it would take longer. There were 15 of us traveling together: Jeff and I, each of our parents and siblings, my bridesmaid Haley, Jeff’s groomsman Jay, Jay’s parents, our officiant/friend Leah, Jeff’s aunt, and another friend of ours (also named Jeff) who was able to join us last minute when my grandma wasn’t able to make it. My uncle was also joining us, but he met us there since he drove from home.

We met in the lobby, and after making sure that everyone was there, we headed to the bus stop at the Beach Club to wait for a bus to Magic Kingdom.

There are going to be some unflattering pictures in this post, but I’ll include them so you can get the full trip report experience.

A bus for the Magic Kingdom came relatively quickly, and our whole group got on. Once we arrived at the park, we made a beeline directly to the Fort Wilderness boat. Standing in line for the boat was starting to make my feet hurt (darn heels), but soon the boat came and we got on.

Now the Fort Wilderness boat and the Wilderness Lodge boat both go to both resorts, so the only difference between the two is which resort the boat visits first. We got onto the boat that was supposed to go to Fort Wilderness first, but for some reason, our boat went to Wilderness Lodge first. I was starting to get concerned that we would be late for the show, but thankfully we left Wilderness Lodge and got to Fort Wilderness just in time.

It must have been less than ten minutes from when we got there to when they opened the doors to let us into Pioneer Hall. Our party of 16 was split into a table of 10 and a table of 6. We split up so that Jeff and I were with our wedding party at one table, and everyone else was at the other table. Our tables were right next to each other, but between the food and the show, there wasn’t much time for talking anyway.

The table with us and our wedding party

If you’ve never been to Hoop Dee Doo, I highly recommend it. The show is so fun, and the food and drinks are unlimited and delicious.

They give you a menu when you sit down, but you don’t order food. All the food comes to you family style. You can order drinks from the alcoholic or non-alcoholic selections, which are all included. Anything you order from the “For Your Additional Enjoyment” section is an additional cost.

A few minutes after you sit down, the show begins on the stage.

The show is a lot of fun, and the performers come all around the restaurant and interact with the crowd. At one point, someone at the other table told the performers that Jeff and I were getting married the following day, so they had us get up and dance.

Forgive the blurry photo!

Then the food and sangria came, which I have no pictures of because we were all too busy scarfing it down. At any time, you can ask your server for more of any item. We had so many ribs and so much mashed potatoes!

Soon it was time for dessert: strawberry shortcake!

Also pictured: cornbread.

Then they put on a big finale about Davy Crockett, and they bring people up from the audience to act in the skit. They brought up Jeff’s brother Jon to play a part, which we all thought was quite funny.

Then finally, they do one last song where everyone gets to make noise on a washboard with a spoon!

The whole thing was a blast, and we all loved it. It was such a great rehearsal dinner!

After we left Pioneer Hall, Jeff’s family wanted a picture of us in front of the Christmas tree outside. It was pretty dark, so all of our friends gathered around us and shined their phone lights on us. It was pretty funny.

Then we waited what felt like forever for a boat back to Magic Kingdom. It had gotten quite cold since the sun went down, but most of us didn’t think to bring jackets since it was so warm when we left. We all froze waiting for that darn boat. Not to mention my feet were killing me from the heels.

Thankfully the boat came soon, and we rode to the Magic Kingdom. I sat next to an adorable crying toddler and her dad. I tried to talk to the toddler to distract her, but she got shy and hid her face from me. Her dad thanked me because her shyness eclipsed her sadness, and she stopped crying.

Soon we were at the Magic Kingdom to wait for a bus back to the Beach Club. While we waited, Jeff’s family wanted a picture of our bride and groom ear hats kissing.

The bus came, and we all sat in the back singing songs from Hamilton. (We’re all very into Hamilton right now.) We all went back to our respective rooms when we got back to the Beach Club, agreeing to meet in the Martha’s Vineyard lounge around 8.

I was able to charge my dead phone when I got back to the room, and I saw that all of our vendors had responded to let me know that they had received my room number messages. This is also when I realized that I had missed a vendor, and I had forgotten to let Carolyn Allen’s know which room to deliver my dress to in the morning. Thankfully Sue had given me her cell phone number, and I was able to call and give them our room number.

After a few minutes of relaxing in the room, we headed down to Martha’s Vineyard to meet with everyone. This was basically our low-key, informal welcome event. We told everyone that we would be there at 8, and anyone who wanted to join was welcome.

Jeff’s mom and I at Martha’s Vineyard

Unfortunately, there was a very loud guitarist playing music in the bar, and it was kind of hard to hear each other. Regardless, we spent a while there socializing with everyone. Many people drank alcohol, but I only drank water. I wanted to be hydrated and feeling my best in the morning.

At one point, Jeff and some of the other guys decided to break off of our group and head to Disney Springs for an unofficial bachelor party. I am told that they went to Jock Lindsay’s Hangar Bar and hung out there for a few hours.

I stayed at Martha’s Vineyard for a while, until many of my friends had left. At that point, my friend Erin and I were alone at a table, yelling to each other since the guitarist was so loud. I wanted to catch up with her somewhere that I could actually hear her, so we said goodbye to those that remained at Martha’s Vineyard and headed to the Solarium.

I’m not really sure what the official purpose of the Beach Club’s Solarium is, but it’s a nice quiet lounge where Erin and I were able to talk at a normal volume. We chatted for a bit, and we were able to see Illuminations from Epcot through the window of the Solarium. Erin said to me that the next time we saw Illuminations would be 24 hours from then, and I would be married. My only response was “s*** just got real.”

Soon Erin was ready to leave, and I was ready to head to bed. So we said our goodbyes until the following day, and I headed back up to the room. I took a shower and then made a list of everything that I couldn’t forget to bring to the wedding in the morning (MagicBand, wallet, the iPhone with the music on it, rings, marriage license, etc.).

I got into bed and started drifting off to sleep. Jeff walked in a few minutes later, which woke me a bit. Then he got into bed, and we both tried our hardest to sleep. We were getting married in the morning!

HOOP DEE DOO IS THE BEST!!!

I will literally go down and boycott if they ever get rid of that show. It is my favorite. We have that booked for the evening we come in. I thought it would be a nice way to start the vacation. Just me and my boys.
You can never have too much of that sangria & strawberry short cake short cake strawberry short cake....LOL

And thank you for being so understanding with the toddler. That was very sweet of you. I honestly hate it when mine gets tired and fussy. There's really not a lot you can do and they can't express themselves like we do.
When I went to visit my BFF with the toddler, 1st time flying, on the way home, the baby was playing with the seat arm that you can raise or set down. Well apparently that annoyed the guy behind him. I apologized for it,
but at the same time I told him, I didn't know what else to do to keep him from screaming. He opted to be annoyed with the banging. No one likes a screaming kid, but what can you do?

Your photos from Hoop Dee Doo look like SO MUCH FUN! What a great spot for a rehearsal dinner.

Can't wait to see wedding day entries!!

Once we practiced walking down the aisle, we practiced my parents “giving me away.” The original way Janice guided us to practice, Jeff would kiss my mom and shake hands with my dad. Then I would kiss my mom, and she would sit down. Then I would kiss my dad, he would give my hand to Jeff, and we would walk into the gazebo. Well I was not a fan of this. I had a small meltdown and declared, “I do NOT want to be handed from anyone to anyone. I will walk into the gazebo with Jeff on my own accord because it is my decision.”

Oh my goodness, I had this same reaction when ceremony planning! I was like I'm not property with a dowry to be passed from my father to my husband. I definitely later said to my DF, "I am not a prize to be won!" So we'll figure out something else to do.

HOOP DEE DOO IS THE BEST!!!

I will literally go down and boycott if they ever get rid of that show. It is my favorite. We have that booked for the evening we come in. I thought it would be a nice way to start the vacation. Just me and my boys.
You can never have too much of that sangria & strawberry short cake short cake strawberry short cake....LOL

And thank you for being so understanding with the toddler. That was very sweet of you. I honestly hate it when mine gets tired and fussy. There's really not a lot you can do and they can't express themselves like we do.
When I went to visit my BFF with the toddler, 1st time flying, on the way home, the baby was playing with the seat arm that you can raise or set down. Well apparently that annoyed the guy behind him. I apologized for it,
but at the same time I told him, I didn't know what else to do to keep him from screaming. He opted to be annoyed with the banging. No one likes a screaming kid, but what can you do?

Agreed, we love Hoop Dee Doo! I was singing as I was typing. "Straw! Strawberry! Strawberry short! Strawberry shortcake!" and "More chicken, more chicken!"

And I don't mind toddlers! I mean, no one likes a crying kid, but especially with kids that little, I know that sometimes there's not a lot you can do. Especially that night, I was also tired and cold, and if I was a toddler, I'd probably be crying too!

Your photos from Hoop Dee Doo look like SO MUCH FUN! What a great spot for a rehearsal dinner.

Can't wait to see wedding day entries!!

Hoop Dee Doo is a blast! I can't wait to start the wedding day entries when I have a little bit of time!

Hoop Dee Doo looks like a a blast! Fun update.

Thanks! It was a ton of fun!

Oh my goodness, I had this same reaction when ceremony planning! I was like I'm not property with a dowry to be passed from my father to my husband. I definitely later said to my DF, "I am not a prize to be won!" So we'll figure out something else to do.

It ended up working out pretty well with just doing the whole thing without the actual "giving away." I just kissed my dad, and then he sat down and I walked into the gazebo with Jeff.

December 7th - Wedding Day! - Part 1

I had my alarm set for 7:00 am on Monday, December 7th because I was getting married! Jeff and I woke up to my alarm, and he jumped into the shower before I kicked him out.

My sister took this picture the morning of the wedding. This is the kind of morning it was, but I wasn’t too worried. The forecast was good, and regardless of the weather, I was getting married.

At around 7:30, Sue and her husband from Carolyn Allen’s showed up with our dresses and my dad’s tux, while Jeff was still in the bathroom. She started steaming my mom and sister’s dresses until Jeff was done, and we banished him to his parents’ room. Once Jeff left, Sue took out my dress, steamed it, and hung it on the rod of the balcony door curtains.

After a very short time, they were finished steaming, wished me congratulations, and left. Suddenly I was by myself in my room with my wedding dress, and I started feeling a little bit lonely. I texted my sister and mom who were just two floors above me to come down as soon as they were ready. Shortly after, I heard a knock, and Haley and Leah were at my door! I had asked everyone to meet me in my room at 8:00, and they were a little bit early.

Apparently Jeff’s mom had given Haley and Leah some money to buy breakfast, and they came with enough food for a small army. They brought croissants, yogurt with granola, fruit, bagels with butter and cream cheese, juice, and tea. Haley sat down on the couch, and Leah left the room for a few minutes.

I had bought robes for the girls to wear while we were getting ready, so I put on mine and gave one to Haley. Soon my sister arrived, and I gave hers as well. After a few minutes, another knock came, and it was Juanita from LeJeune Artistry! We had set up for hair and makeup to arrive around 8:30 to get us all ready by 12:30.

Juanita looked around the room to figure out where to set up. It had to be somewhere near an outlet, so she could plug in her curling and straightening irons. She decided to set up at the vanity area near the balcony door, and she said that when Patricia arrived, she’d want to set up there as well to use the natural light from the window. Juanita recommended moving my dress since they’d be working so close to where it was hanging, so there was no chance Patricia could accidentally get makeup on it. So we moved it all the way down the curtain rod, as far from where they were set up as possible.

I got my hair set first, and I started playing a wedding playlist on my phone that I had found on Spotify. Soon Leah reappeared in the room with a mimosa for me! Apparently she had gone down to the Marketplace at the Beach Club and asked for a mimosa. She was told there that they didn’t have mimosas, but she could try at Cape May Cafe. She went to Cape May and explained that she needed to buy a mimosa for the bride, and they gave her one for free! My nerves didn’t make eating or drinking very appealing, but I sipped on the mimosa and munched on a croissant while Juanita curled my hair and set it.

Pre-makeup curled-hair selfies

My sister was next to get her hair curled, and I sat back down on the couch with Haley and Leah. At some point, my mom arrived to join us, and Jeff’s mom and aunt stopped by as well. His mom and aunt came in and out quite a bit while we were getting ready. They got ready in their own rooms, but they wanted to see what was going on with us too.

We all chatted while we were getting our hair done. I distinctly remember someone telling me to relax at one point, and I said, “I will relax when Nate and Jensey get here.” I was so excited to see them, and I knew that they would know what to do and where to go once they arrived.

Me, Leah, and Samantha in our robes

Soon Patricia arrived to do our makeup, and I went first for makeup. She mentioned to me that it wasn’t raining, but it was moist outside. She recommended finishing my hair last, so it would be freshly done when it was time to go outside.

Patricia is so nice, and we chatted while she did my makeup. During my trial, I had to keep asking her to lighten my eyeshadow, but I was very happy with her first try on the wedding day. She laughed and said she did her best to contain herself. At one point, she asked me if I wanted her to offer fake lashes to the others, and I said no. She said that made sense, since I wasn’t getting lashes myself. I responded, “Yes, make them all less pretty than me.”

My makeup was done rather quickly, and I went back to enjoy the couch while the others got their hair and makeup done. Altogether, it was Samantha, Haley, Leah, my mom, and I all getting hair and makeup. They had no idea what they wanted with their hair, but thankfully Juanita took charge and did better than we could have imagined! She came up with a different style for each of us, and she made sure that my sister and I had completely different styles even though we both wanted half-up/half-down. She wanted to make sure our hair didn't look alike, since we sort of look similar to begin with.

Post-makeup sister selfie

Other getting ready happenings that I remember, but not chronologically:
  • Patricia recommended that we call housekeeping to make the bed before photo and video arrived, but I thought it would be awkward. So Leah and I made the bed instead.

• Jeff had to come back in to get his toothbrush that he had forgotten, and he barged in while my dress was hanging out in the open. Thankfully, he didn’t see it.

• Disney Floral arrived with my bouquet, as well as Samantha’s and Haley’s. At first I thought my bouquet was a little too pink, but in the end, I absolutely loved it. I was also able to confirm with them that Jeff had to pick up his boutonniere at 12:15 in the lobby, and the rest of the family floral had to be picked up in the lobby at 1:00. I texted Jeff to remind him about the boutonniere time and place.

• Someone arrived at some point with a floral arrangement from Sarah, our Disney florist. So nice!
--------------------

While all of this was happening, Jeff was off doing whatever he wanted, since it takes men literally five minutes to get wedding-ready apparently.

He got a breakfast cone at the Boardwalk Bakery.

He toured the resorts with his brother.

He went home to visit our cat. (Also to get a few things that we forgot at home, like a jacket for me to wear at the dessert party in case it got cold.)

He watched an entire episode of Doctor Who.

And then he came back to the resort and hung out in his parents’ room pretty much until noon.

--------------------

Once everyone was fully made up, Patricia left. She apologized for not being able to be there when the Roots arrived, but they weren’t set to come for a bit longer, and everyone was done. She did leave us a tube of lip gloss and some applicators for reapplying, which was super nice!

Then Juanita finished everyone else’s hair, so it was my turn. She did my hair exactly how I wanted it, which was only very slightly different from the trial. Leah took a picture, so I could see. (Oh also, PS, the weather had gotten quite nice, and it was now sunny outside!)

Meanwhile, the Roots had arrived and took a couple photos of the lobby before heading up to our room.

And then I heard a knock on the door. It was time to relax. Nate and Jensey had arrived to our room, with Trinity shortly behind them.

Yaya you started with the wedding day!! I forgot how dreary it looked outside!!

Yes! I remember not even caring too much about the mist until Patricia mentioned it. Then I was like, oh no, my hair! Glad it ended up being perfect outside though!

Yaaaas media team arrival!! It's impossible to have a bad wedding day with Nate & Jensey.

Also, Jeff's selfie with your cat may be the best photo in this entire post (to date! Seeing as there are no Roots pictures yet ;) )

Ahh! We're to the wedding day. Your hair looks beautiful!

And... there's even a wedding day cat photo!!! I LOVE it! :-D

Yaaaas media team arrival!! It's impossible to have a bad wedding day with Nate & Jensey.

Also, Jeff's selfie with your cat may be the best photo in this entire post (to date! Seeing as there are no Roots pictures yet ;) )

So true! All day I kept asking them for advice, and they always knew what was going on, even when I didn't.

Also yes, my cat never fails to be weird for a camera!

Ahh! We're to the wedding day. Your hair looks beautiful!

And... there's even a wedding day cat photo!!! I LOVE it! :-D

Thank you! I love the way my hair came out.

And yes, love my cat. I'm glad Jeff got to spend a little time with her, since she was home alone a lot that weekend.

December 7th - Wedding Day! - Part 2

Prepare for an abundance of Root photos! Honestly, at this point it’s basically going to be a photojournal. All wedding day photos from this point on are by Root Photography, unless otherwise noted.

The Roots and Trinity arrived right on time at noon. I was still getting my hair done, so I couldn’t quite move my head to greet them. They introduced themselves to everyone as I sat with my head still.

Then they came over to me to say hi and start taking photos and video. I was so happy that they were there!

They started taking photos around the room, while I was still getting my hair done.

Our wedding ears and the floral arrangement from Sarah, our Disney florist

They managed to make my plain flats from Payless look photogenic! Originally I had a plan to DIY bedazzle these, but it just never happened.

Our rings on top of our invitation, including a hidden Mickey!

The sparkly skirt of my dress

I didn’t have any kind of fancy hanger, so Carolyn Allen’s put my dress on a plain one that had a cardboard insert. I guess it wasn’t very photogenic because Kristina (of Trinity) asked if she could replace it with one that she had bought. I was a little wary to let someone else touch my dress, but I agreed because I figured that she was a professional. And the pictures came out much better than they would have with the cardboard insert!

Juanita was finishing up my hair…

While Samantha showed Leah her necklace.

Then Juanita finished up and left, and Nate and Kristina went to the guys’ room. Jensey and David hung out with us, and we chatted for a bit.

Haley is not impressed.

--------------

Meanwhile, in the boys’ room…

Jeff and his groomsmen were all fully dressed, when Nate and Kristina arrived. They made them all semi-undress, so they could get photos of them getting ready.

Jeff said that Nate was really into the pocket watches that Jeff got the guys as groomsman gifts.

The Star Wars one is Jeff’s, the Batman one is Jon’s, and the Doctor Who one is Jay’s.

Then Leah made an appearance to get Jeff’s vows and to get my jacket from him.

And then they got some getting ready shots of the guys.

Awwww, brothers.

--------------

Soon Nate and Kristina came back to our room to get photo and video of me putting my dress on. When Nate came in, he asked if I had the boutonnieres for the guys because they weren’t delivered to their room. Let’s have a short flashback from my last update, shall we…

*cue flashback fog*

I was also able to confirm with them that Jeff had to pick up his boutonniere at 12:15 in the lobby, and the rest of the family floral had to be picked up in the lobby at 1:00. I texted Jeff to remind him about the boutonniere time and place.

*end flashback fog*

At this point, it’s got to be close to 12:45. I responded, “WHAT? I texted Jeff and specifically said ‘Pick up the boutonnieres in the lobby at 12:15!’” Nate’s face can only be described as the face someone would make if they accidentally told a bride that her groom forgot to pick up his boutonniere.

“See right here! I said ‘Pick up the boutonnieres in the lobby at 12:15,’ and he said, ‘Okay.’”

Me being surprisingly calm about the lack of boutonnieres

I was originally going to call Jeff and yell at him, but I didn’t want to talk to him so close to our first look. So I sent Leah to call him instead. In retrospect, I guess she could have just walked down the hall to tell him, but then we wouldn’t have gotten this gem.

When Jeff saw this picture, his response was, “Oh great, they got that on film?!”

Our media team had left the room because I was about to get my dress on, and that’s where they got the photos of Leah on the phone with Jeff. I was still inside when I heard Leah say, “You want me to LIE to your future WIFE?” Apparently Jeff was trying to tell her to tell me that he had gotten the boutonnieres, even though he hadn’t. Everyone laughed as I yelled from inside, “I HEARD THAT!”

Thankfully, something had somehow gotten confused with the floral people because Jeff said when he went downstairs, they were just arriving with his boutonniere. Also as an aside, we had ordered two boutonnieres on Kristie’s recommendation. The one we picked was made out of delicate flowers, and she was afraid we might need a “stunt double” if it got crushed during all the pre-ceremony photos. It didn’t, and we never used the second boutonniere. In fact, I don’t even know where the second boutonniere was. But it was very inexpensive in the grand scheme of things, and I’m glad that we had the option to use it in case he needed it.

And I’m going to stop the update here. The next part is me putting my dress on, which I have a ton of beautiful pictures of, but this post already has so many pictures! Until next time! :)

That is really nice that Trinity brought a hanger! That is one of the most overlooked things I feel.

I try to keep on The Roots blog. I snooped at your photos....so sweet and you got a lot of candid shots! Definitely story tellers!

More! More!

That is really nice that Trinity brought a hanger! That is one of the most overlooked things I feel.

Yes! We didn't get a custom one (had to save money somewhere!), but the one they brought looked much better than the standard alteration one that Carolyn Allen's left with the dress.

I try to keep on The Roots blog. I snooped at your photos....so sweet and you got a lot of candid shots! Definitely story tellers!

More! More!

Thanks! I love the Roots. They really captured the feeling of the wedding!

December 7th - Wedding Day! - Part 3

I’m honestly not so sure of timing because on our wedding day, I went where other people told me to go when they told me to go there. But I would guess it was around 12:45 or 1:00 when our media team left the room to let me get my dress on. I was told to put the dress on most of the way, but not to start to zip it up until they all came back in.

I requested that the strongest person zip me into my dress, and Leah decided that was her. My crinoline was inside my dress already, so I stepped into the whole thing. I had my bridesmaids and Leah tie and re-tie my crinoline several times until I decided that it was tight enough but not too tight. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to adjust it once I had the dress on, so I needed it to fit perfectly. Then I lifted the bodice of my dress over my front and had them call the media team back in.

For some reason during all of this, my mom had disappeared to somewhere. I had my sister call her and tell her that her eldest daughter was about to put on her wedding dress, and she was missing it.

My mom arrived just in time for Leah to start zipping my dress. She was told to zip it really slow, so they could get lots of photos and video footage.

It was a little awkward trying to figure out what to do with my hands. I needed to keep the dress up, so Leah could zip it. But I also wanted it to look decent for the photos and video.

I decided to hold up the dress with my forearms, so it still looked pretty nice.

You can barely even tell that I’m trying my hardest to keep my dress in place while she zips it!

I am obsessed with this torso shot.

My mom really couldn't handle the whole thing. I don't think she thought she would get as emotional as she did.

Once my dress was on, I needed help getting my shoes on. They were only flats, but with the big dress, it was easier with the help of Samantha and Haley.

My sister says this is my princess moment.

Cinderella style.

Then they all got under my dress to make sure that each of the bazillion layers was laying flat and nothing was bunched up.

I hadn't bought any perfume for the wedding, and I hadn't packed any either. But my sister had brought some of her favorite (which also happens to be my favorite), Victoria’s Secret Bombshell. She sprayed some in the air and had me walk through it. In a ballgown, this was easier said than done.

I'm pretty sure she sprayed some too high, and it got in my mouth.

Then it was time to leave for our first look! I was surprisingly nervous for this. Jensey told me that Nate, David, and Kristina were already setting up Jeff, and it was time for she and I to go meet them. I reminded the girls not to forget their bouquets and told them when and where to pick up the remaining corsages, and Jensey and I left.

Jeff, waiting for me.

She and I walked down the hallway and to the elevator. Jensey held my bouquet while we walked, so I could navigate with my dress. She gave me the option to carry it during the first look, but I wanted to have my hands free to hug Jeff when I saw him. On the way to the elevator, I saw Jeff’s dad and brother. They both seemed surprised, as if they weren’t supposed to see me yet, but they told me that I looked great.

Jensey and I went downstairs and outside by the Marketplace, to the Beach Club Villas little lobby area. As we passed the courtyard there, I saw @rachel09985’s groom waiting for their first look! Jensey said it would be funny if I tapped him on the shoulder, and it was me instead of Rachel. I’m sure it would have been funny, but I didn’t do it. I’m sure we were all too nervous to actually be amused by that at the time.

We walked into the Beach Club Villas lobby area, and I saw the back of Jeff! Jensey told me to hide around the corner until she gave me the okay, so she could get set up to take photos. After a minute, I heard Jensey say okay, and I started what felt like a forever walk to tap Jeff on the shoulder. Jeff says he knew I was coming because they were all talking to him, and suddenly they all got very quiet.

I was SO happy to see Jeff! :lovestruc

He said, "You look beautiful," and I said, "You look beautiful too!" :rotfl:

I am so happy we did a first look. I knew all along that I wanted to do one, and I can unequivocally say that it was one of our best decisions. I felt so much more at ease seeing Jeff before the ceremony. I was so nervous, and seeing him really calmed me. Plus it was great to be able to get a bunch of our pictures out of the way before the ceremony, so we had very few to do afterwards.

In the next update: Portrait time!

December 7th - Wedding Day! - Part 4

After our first look, we did some photos of Jeff and I. First, Nate asked me to sit on the little bench area in the Beach Club Villas lobby area, under the big shelves. Funny thing was, I hadn’t actually tried to sit in my dress yet, and with the big poofy skirt, I didn’t know how I was going to. So I basically just backed up until the bench was right behind me and sort of fell backwards until I was sitting. “First time sitting, huh?” Nate said. “Well good, we got that over with!”

Then we went outside and did photos in the courtyard between the main hotel and the villas section. Rachel and her husband were also in this area getting photos taken!

People were very polite while we were getting our photos taken. For the most part, they would stay out of the way until Nate and Jensey would give them the okay to walk around/through us.

How dare that lady wear sweatpants near my wedding!

We seriously have so many amazing pictures from the Beach Club. I can barely narrow them down to what I’m posting here… which is still a lot!

The Beach Club is so beautiful! I love how wonderful a backdrop it is in our photos.

Soon it was time to meet back up with our families and wedding party to get our group portraits. We stood in the lobby for a bit, making sure everyone was accounted for.

This is apparently my waiting around face.

We went outside the Beach Club and started our group photos. We started on the sidewalk.

Until Nate asked if it was okay if we did some photos on the grass. I agreed if we lifted my dress up, so it wouldn’t drag.

We made it on to the grass!

We got a bunch of group and family photos, but these are the highlights:

Some of our family members were confused by who they were supposed to look at, since there were four people with cameras. As much as I tried to explain that David and Kristina were taking video, and we didn't need to look at them, no one seemed to understand. By the end, I was just shouting before every picture, "LOOK AT NATE!"

There are serious portraits too, but I love the more candid ones!

Oh, PS, Haley found out the hard way that heels in wet grass is not ideal. Jay's mom helped clean her and Samantha's shoes with a little cup of water.

Some of our guests walked by us as we were getting our pre-ceremony photos taken. It wasn’t ideal, but what could you do? I had advised our local to Florida guests to park at the Beach Club, since it would be nearer to our final destination of Epcot than the Yacht Club. We also saw a few people that Jeff works with who just happened to be walking around the resort at the same time that we were getting photos done!

After we finished our portraits, we were rounded up by a few of the many wedding assistants that helped us throughout the day, to get staged for the ceremony. This is where we parted ways with the Roots and Trinity. Our family members that weren’t walking down the aisle split off to head to the gazebo, while the rest of us walked around the pool area, into the Yacht Club lobby. I think we may have stopped in the lobby for a moment for a few people to use the restroom last minute. Also, Jeff’s dad disappeared briefly and came back with two cups of water for me. I was thrilled! Maybe it was the nerves, but I was super thirsty.

Leah was taken by a wedding assistant to the door that would lead her out by the short walkway. The rest of us went with Janice to the door that would lead us out by the long walkway. She asked us if we remembered the order we were supposed to walk in, and we mostly did. She reminded us not to go anywhere until she cued us, and she stepped outside for a minute to make sure everything was ready for us. After a few moments, she returned. It was time!

In the next update: The ceremony!

You made me laugh at the thought of you tapping on corey's shoulder..that would be funny! Also at the sweatpants comment.

You remembered so many details on the wedding day. I swear, it is a big blur for me.

Also, i don't even think half of my family knew two of the cameras were video. Corey's dad didn't even realize until the following friday, hah!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter