Am I understanding this right? The cabanas are on a separate part of the beach?

No clue why the 3 pictures aren't showing. Anyone have any idea?

How have you added them?
You need to upload them to a site like photo bucket first. Then copy the IMG code (right hand side of photo bucket site under image links) and paste that into your message here.
I'd like to se the pics! :goodvibes

If you need the cabanas for shade there's lots of umbrellas

Cancellations happen....I booked a last minute cruise for later this month and was able to grab a cabana when I did my online check in....30 days in advance of the cruise.

Also remember that thousands upon thousands of people enjoyed Castaway Cay for years without the Cabanas (they are a very recent addition to the island) so not getting a cabana will not impact your enjoyment of the island.

We have been to CC 25 plus times and never had a cabana before and always enjoyed ourselves. I may not even keep the cabana I have reserved.

MJ

It may just depend on which cruise your taking and when.

I got off the Magic a week ago, and there were a ton of cabanas available. A lot of people from my sailing got them as first time cruisers. And they weren't cancellations.

Gonna be the luck of the draw...good luck:thumbsup2

We must have gotten lucky because we got a cabana at about 90 days out in June of 2011. It was great experience but a little pricy at $500.

DVCNuts said:
I love it when I get to post this picture from our favorite cabana. The beach is never crowded, and neither is the roped off section of water for floating around.

Which cabana number is this?

Here are the photo's that I was hoping to post earlier. First is the Family Cabana Beach from the water. Next is the Family beach, and last is a Panoramic of the whole area I took.

castawaycayc_zps355d80be.jpg

castawayf_zpsf0d06079.jpg

castawaycp_zps29809d4c.jpg

So the cabanas are all in line 1-17 with one being closest to the bathrooms, food, dock, etc?

Cancellations happen....I booked a last minute cruise for later this month and was able to grab a cabana when I did my online check in....30 days in advance of the cruise.

Also remember that thousands upon thousands of people enjoyed Castaway Cay for years without the Cabanas (they are a very recent addition to the island) so not getting a cabana will not impact your enjoyment of the island.

We have been to CC 25 plus times and never had a cabana before and always enjoyed ourselves. I may not even keep the cabana I have reserved.

MJ

The more I read, the more I realize we won't need a cabana. As a veteran CC visitor, what would you suggest my beach bum family do on CC? We're a party of 5 ages 44, 47, 16, 15, and 12. We're lazy in the fact that we love to swim, soak in the sun, and eat but we're fit and have no physical limitations or concerns. :upsidedow The stop at CC is one of the main draws of the Eastern Caribbean cruise. That and we've been to Mexico a bunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter