Am I the Only One?

SorcererHeidi

Sorcerer please cast forever love spell for me
Last night I had a dream about going to a live show (I think it was a GKTW Meet, since it looked like the podcasters were on a "panel table" sort of set up, and there were lots of other people there). I was with a good friend of mine (Disney World fan, but not podcast watcher, but she hears me talk about it/them all the time - like everybody does!), and I told her "I'm so happy and so excited to see/get to meet everybody, I think I might cry". I was just so happy to see them all "for real".

Has anybody else ever dreamed about meeting the Team, or am I the only "sick" one? :) Members of the Team - please don't think I'm a stalker or anything - I just admire you all so much - all the work you do for GKTW, us the viewers, and what unique skill sets and perspectives each and every one of you brings to the table, both professionally and personally that always gives ME a fresh perspective, food for thought, and always a much-needed smile. Having been on volunteer "staff" of a Disney-related web site for many years, I kind of know how much and what it takes (although nowhere near the extent of what you all do!), and this was the ONLY place I could share my dream, and (HOPEFULLY) not be thought of as "odd or totally off" - although I'll find out the truth when I see people's replies! LOL

Last edited:
My wife and I have been to 2 NJ GKTW meets and have been fortunate to meet many members of the team. What makes these folks special is they really want to meet you and talk. Of course my favorite to talk to has been Pete. Being a NJ guy, I find Pete really easy to talk to....... I also enjoy talking with Teresa and JL..........both just as nice in real life as you can get from the podcast :P. If you watch a bit of pro wrestling you've got a small in with JL :) I've never had the opportunity to me Corey, John, and Kevin...........an issue I'm hoping to change at Disapaloosa...........but we'll see :-)

Doug

I had a dream a few weeks back that involved the team, but I can't say what it was or it won't come true!! Lol!

But in all honesty, I daydream about moving to Orlando and working for dreams or the podcast and wonder what it would be like to move overseas and take that leap to follow my dreams.
It will never happen of course, but dreams are a wish your heart makes right?

I had a dream a few weeks back that involved the team, but I can't say what it was or it won't come true!! Lol!

But in all honesty, I daydream about moving to Orlando and working for dreams or the podcast and wonder what it would be like to move overseas and take that leap to follow my dreams.
It will never happen of course, but dreams are a wish your heart makes right?
I say that all the time, Jes! Maybe some day BOTH our dreams will come true! :)

I don't dream but coincidentally this weekend I randomly encountered 2 maybe 3 of the Dis team members. This past Saturday I went to check out Food and Wine. I ended up parking right next to Craig and Corey was a few cars earlier. I again ran into them at the Wonders of Life pavilion as they were starting a tour or event it seemed. Then on Sunday again at Epcot, I put my food down at a table and in front of me was a man that looked a lot like Michael Bowling. I did not say anything to any of them since it's not my nature, despite the pestering of friends. I've had the random luck to come across celebrities occasionally in my life and the most outgoing I've been is smiling and waving.

I will admit I've had dreams where a podcaster or two was present, but the difference for me is that I've met everyone on the team, so that isn't really that unusual, especially when they occur shortly after attending a meet and seeing them.

For folks who haven't met them, but watch the shows regularly, I wouldn't think that was anything strange either. Even though you've never met them in person, you "know" them pretty well. Have you ever had a dream that involved an actor or actress on a show you watch frequently? I have. I suspect most people have. This is really no different than that.

I did not say anything to any of them
I know they say this on the show periodically but I would emphasize that it's true. They hate hearing this. They want people to come up and say hi and introduce themselves. They love meeting listeners/viewers. They don't do this work to entertain themselves. They do it for all of us.

If you ever see a podcaster in the parks, or around town, say hello. They'll be glad you did, and so will you.

One auction prize at the NE DIS meet recently was to have dinner with John and Kevin at the restaurant of your choice at WDW. I'm not positive but I think it sold for $375.

One auction prize at the NE DIS meet recently was to have dinner with John and Kevin at the restaurant of your choice at WDW. I'm not positive but I think it sold for $375.
That would be AWESOME! Wonder where the person picked? (Maybe it was the The Boathouse, where they recently ate, didn't watch the show from today yet to see if their review of that is up)

That would be AWESOME! Wonder where the person picked? (Maybe it was the The Boathouse, where they recently ate, didn't watch the show from today yet to see if their review of that is up)
I think they said on last week's show that it will be on next week's show, they're busy with Fam this week so weren't going to be on the show

I guess I shouldn't tell you that we had dinner with John and Kevin at the NE meet, along with 3 or 4 others at the table. It was just a buffet in a hotel conference room, not fine dining at Disney World, but it was still great.
I think I'd like to just be able to spend the time with them to chat. I'd feel like at a DISmeet, they'd have so many people to talk to that I'd feel like I'm hogging their time, so a meal is a good way to spend a good amount of time with someone to have a good chat!

I think I'd like to just be able to spend the time with them to chat. I'd feel like at a DISmeet, they'd have so many people to talk to that I'd feel like I'm hogging their time, so a meal is a good way to spend a good amount of time with someone to have a good chat!
The DIS meets are intimate enough that you have a pretty good amount of time to talk to each other generally. If not during the actual scheduled events, definitely after hours. At New England, for example, after the Saturday night program ended, about a dozen of us stayed in the conference room sitting around with John and Kevin for probably an hour just chatting. Kevin told a few stories, as did others. We talked about all kinds of topics, both Disney-related and not.

At other recent meets (Hershey, NJ, Richmond) both Friday and Saturday nights involved just chilling at the hotel lobby bar for a couple of hours with a small group, maybe 20 people including the podcasters.

And if you happen to sit with someone at your table for lunch or dinner, then it's just 8 or 10 of you chatting during the meal.

I went to the Richmond meet by myself because my wife had a schedule conflict. So I get there about 8:30pm, the meet and greet event having started 2 hours earlier with dinner. I didn't know a soul in the room except the podcast team. There was an open seat at their table so I took it and proceeded to spend the next 2-3 hours just chatting with Pete, Dustin, JeniLynn, Teresa, and a couple of others who were sitting there. It was awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter