Am I The Only One?

MickeysBuddy

MickeysBigFan on VMK
I had gotten to a point where I thought I was OK with the closing of VMK. I built a ride through all my rooms to share them again with friends and was thinking of who I would be sure to visit on the last day. But all of a sudden the last day of VMK has arrived all too quickly and as I sit here at work reading the Dis, I find myself with tears in my eyes again and unable to deal with anything else around me due to the loss of my beloved VMK family and game. I know life will go on and soon this will just be a grand memory, but right now I can do nothing but cry.

:sad2:

Hi
No you are not the only one, same here, lots of mixed up feelings at the moment ,also i find myself even feeling bitter towards disney ,for not thinking this through and keeping thousands of kids and adults dreams alive. I want to shout out to them , beg them etc But right now all i can think of is Shame on you disney!!

Nope, you're certainly not alone. I thought I'd got to a point where I could just about cope with it, but looking back, I think I just wasn't letting myself think about it too much. :sad1: :hug:

Same as above.. But trust me if you think its bad now, wait until the last few hours.. I'm desperately trying to prepare myself for something I know I won't be able to.. I've only been playing vmk since November 2006 and I'd like to consider myself at my age to be an adult ( tho as we all know vmk and Disney have a way of bringing the little kid out in all of us ) I feel sorry for the kids who love the game and vmk has become such a large part of their social network.. Yup yup yup today will be a very sad day indeed.. :grouphug: :sad1: :grouphug:

No, you're not alone. :sad:

I was fine until I saw Hurry's message to everyone who was left in his room line yesterday. I have never even seen Hurry but I almost lost it then, and I just know that each passing hour today will get harder and harder.

Hugs to everyone.

Nope. Last night I finished taking all my pictures, walking though the park, and have told myself I am not going to log in tonight. I actually had tears in my eyes! I have been there since Day 1. Strange to not have that to go to anymore to relax.

You definitely are not alone. I'm sitting here at work (stupid life) trying not to cry.
The worst thing is, I'm stuck at work with nothing to do while I'm missing the last day of VMK.:sad:

I had gotten to a point where I thought I was OK with the closing of VMK. I built a ride through all my rooms to share them again with friends and was thinking of who I would be sure to visit on the last day. But all of a sudden the last day of VMK has arrived all too quickly and as I sit here at work reading the Dis, I find myself with tears in my eyes again and unable to deal with anything else around me due to the loss of my beloved VMK family and game. I know life will go on and soon this will just be a grand memory, but right now I can do nothing but cry.

:sad2:

I am right there with you. I thought I had accepted it, but last night as I was taking pictures of my rooms, my son's and daughter's rooms, the comments left for them on mickey presents and their room descriptions (because some are just cute or funny), I became extremely sad. I took pics with mine and my childrens avatars for the last time all together (they will be in bed when it closes) and it really hit me hard. I realize I didn't find acceptance in VMK closing, I was in denial! :sick:
It was great meeting lots of Dis friends and other friends in VMK. Thanks for the memories...Friends til the end(end of time, not end of VMK). :grouphug:

nope you arent. i am so upset and i dont know what i will do today bauce i have been going on for a while and lve vmk and all my friends. great memories i have had and i am going to take SO MANY pictures today!

I really thought I was ok withthe entire thing myself, i figured it was time for a change.

I told myself no crying!! well, that all changed when Dear ppl I know I will never talk to again began to say good-bye

I am really going to miss many of these people.:hug:

Funny but this week I have made some of the best rooms Ive ever made. I really threw myself in to doing that, I guess trying to put my head in the sand and pretend all this is a bad dream. But the heartfelt messages from friends, walking thru Sweet and my rooms that are filled with 2 years of memories, and still seeing the smaller players begging ppl to go sign the petition is just to much.

Im sure we all went thru so many emotions and will continue to do just that. IMO, disney threw us to the sharks hiding behind some lame promotional excuse and honestly I cant stand them, cant stand anything disney anymore. This is like watching your best friend die a slow death and all you can do is sit and hold their hand and cry.

Disney has proven they dont care. They have not compromised in the least, or given us any place to go after being throw out except where they want us. No counceling no guidance no sympanthy.

Done with anything even remotely disney.

You all take care, I wish you luck and strength today and tonight.
:grouphug: Robert :grouphug:

I think I felt the worse when I headed off to work and my DS12 told me how lucky I was that I could at least access the last day of VMK while I was at work and he has to wait to get home from school. What do you do in a situation like that. I felt horribly guilty.

I think I felt the worse when I headed off to work and my DS12 told me how lucky I was that I could at least access the last day of VMK while I was at work and he has to wait to get home from school. What do you do in a situation like that. I felt horribly guilty.

I can feel her pain..I cant access it from work..I have to wait until I get off work too. As a matter of fact I won't be able to get on until about
9pm eastern time.:sad2:

I told my self after my rediculous ban..."Well thats one way to get over VMK..Cold Turkey" That was a month ago and I miss it SO much. I can't even log in on the last day to try to say good bye, I am not sure that after a month I would want too anyway. Seeing all my VMK friends only to have to say good bye again in a few short hours.
It kills me. Maybe once I know it is closed and I can't get on even if I wasn't banned the hurt will stop. I doubt it.

So those that have accounts and CAN get on I suggest you do. It's kinda like NOT going to your prom, something you might regret later in life.
Get some closure, say goodbye to your friends. Say goodbye to mine while you at it and if anyone runs into Phinny or Lily today please tell them "Whinnie" says bye :sad1:

VMK was a great place to go, relax, unwind, meet friends, play games.....and buy clothes, rooms, and items you would never think to buy in real life. I just don't understand why disney would close this? Why don't they build on it, make it part of the real life in wdw...connect the 2. Have specials you could do in the real parks, then bring them back to VMK.

Someone explain this to me. &&&& why am I cryiing at 46 years old about a internet site?????? lol :confused: ???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter