Am I the ONLY one who doesn't get the CROC craze?

I have had trouble with my feet all my life. I have wide, ultra flat (flat to the point of "caving in") feet.

The true test of a shoe is working in them for 12+ hours in Labor and Delivery where you do not stop to eat, sit, let alone pee. I have tried every possible shoe in the above circumstance. Only Crocs get me through with no burning in my arches, heels, or tightness in the achilles tendon. Amazing shoes they are!

I do not give a darn about what people think about my clothing or shoes. Caring about such trivialities only steals your happiness. So my bright pink Crocs perch proudly on my size 10 feet. :thumbsup2

There are other models of Crocs that I am sure anyone would find appealing.

Personally, I wear socks with my crocs. They are so darn ugly that I don't think there is etiquette involved! LOL I have not found them in narrow sizes...they are designed to not touch your foot. I will say, that even though they don't touch...they do stay on. In fact, I can't just slide my foot out, I have to bend down and assist the process.

I love that they're ugly, but if you don't, then don't buy them. It's just a quirk of mine that I love ugly shoes.

They don't feel great at first because your body heat causes them to mold to your feet--a bit like birkenstocks. That's why just trying them on doesn't help. If you can, try them on at a sporting goods store and keep them on your feet for a while. That will give you a truer measure of how they fit you.

They aren't supposed to squeeze your feet because that's how shoes *should* fit you. 99% of the general public wears their shoes too tight. Don't believe me? Ask a doctor. I have prescription tennis shoes and they fit me in a very similar way to my crocs.

I love my crocs, but there's no reason why anyone else has to. Nothing is right for everyone.

Crocs have never appealed to me, either. But I love, love, love my TEVAS!!!

Tevas are so comfy, that I typically forget I am wearing them. And I can walk all day... day after day... in them, at WDW or elsewhere without getting blisters or tired feet & legs. They provide plenty of padded support (I have naturally flat, basically archless feet).

Best part is that the Tevas are relatively nice looking sandals, that come in numerous styles designed for both men and women. So I don't have to sacrifice style for comfort.

Priorityonecb said:
I resisted them for a year...but broke down a couple of months ago. Now my whole family (even dh!) has two pairs each! They are comfy...but I get pain in the lower part of my legs when I wear them for hours. I think I am unconsiously walking differently afraid that they will fall off since they don't "touch" my foot at any point.

so how do they stay on if they dont touch your feet??

mlwear said:
Although, I can't imagine someone in a designer skirt and three inch heels making her way around the parks :teeth:

eeeek mlwear-- thats me- i wear skirts all the time to disney- some of them designer (but ONLY because i got them on the clearance rack! :thumbsup2 )

not real fancy but the long, soft, flowy kind...with flip flips (not heels!) and a little tank top. i find skirts to be more comfortable than shorts. i always have. i just "hike it up" when i getting on the rides! ;)

so next time anyone sees someone wearing a skirt in disney- dont look at them like... what are they crazy?! :rotfl2: dont they know they are in disney?

that is probably why i dont like crocs-- they just dont go with the skirts! :rotfl:

goofy4tink said:
Well, all I can say is...I wore my good Nike sneakers for two days in a row and my knees were killing me this morning!! Put on my Crocs and now the knees are happy again. Go figure. Do I wish they were a bit 'cuter'? Heck yeah...but after passing the old half century mark, I just don't seem to care as much about cute as being comfy!! I figure that with my new middle age tummy, no one is going to notice my big, rubber feet!! :rotfl2:

Another post that had the sprite pouring out of my nose.

maddhatir said:
eeeek mlwear-- thats me- i wear skirts all the time to disney- some of them designer (but ONLY because i got them on the clearance rack! :thumbsup2 )

not real fancy but the long, soft, flowy kind...with flip flips (not heels!) and a little tank top. i find skirts to be more comfortable than shorts. i always have. i just "hike it up" when i getting on the rides! ;)

so next time anyone sees someone wearing a skirt in disney- dont look at them like... what are they crazy?! :rotfl2: dont they know they are in disney?

that is probably why i dont like crocs-- they just dont go with the skirts! :rotfl:

Okay - one more comment about skirts! :) I wear skirts all the time for religious reasons (modesty) and will be wearing them when I go back to Disney, but I also will not be wearing them with heals! pirate:

BBBFamily said:
Yeah, I can't get into the Crocs either. I keep imagining what Stacy & Clinton would say on "What Not to Wear" ... Although I will admit that I haven't tried them on - I probably don't know what I'm missing!

That's hilarious! They'd be tossing them into that trash cash so fast, your head would spin.

I'm not a super fashionable person, but I don't think I could bring myself to wear crocs.

Another near full time skirt wearer. And do I wear my crocs with my skirt.... hoot yeah! :thumbsup2 Though only with my denim/khaki skirts.

Yup, better air conditioning with a skirt on! ;)

I got a pair of lime green Crocs for this last trip and I loved them! They are so comfortable! I could care less how the look and I love the fact that they are lime green! :thumbsup2

My feet are more important than the style police!

I find them comfortable but they were a gift. If I were to be purchasing shoes for myself, these would not be what I spend on.

"The true test of a shoe is working in them for 12+ hours in Labor and Delivery where you do not stop to eat, sit, let alone pee. I have tried every possible shoe in the above circumstance. Only Crocs get me through with no burning in my arches, heels, or tightness in the achilles tendon. Amazing shoes they are!"

I hear you sister!!! I know what is to work L&D :crazy:
I will now have to give them a try. I work ICU these days but still, no sitting, or pee,pee priviledges :rolleyes:

Both times we have gone to WDW my DD5 has gotten awful blisters.....we have tried all kinds of shoes on this kids feet and blisters, blisters, blisters. She is going to Niagra Falls w/grandparents over Easter and I don't know what she is going to wear on her feet. I agree crocs are ugly but if they will save her feet then I'm willing to try them (that is if she is willing to try them ha ha). Would love to hear from any1 that gets blisters easily and has changed to crocs for comfort.

I thought crocs were waaaaayy ugly when I first heard about them. Then I just kept hearing non-stop how comfortable and light they were. Since they are waterproof and easy to clean, I thought they would be great for kayaking even if they were ugly, so I got a pair, and I gotta tell you, I have worn them every day since!!! Ugly yes, but the most comfortable shoes you will ever wear! :banana: :banana: :banana: :thumbsup2

I think the type of foot you have makes a big difference I have a small very narrow foot and can't find a pair that fits right or feels comfortabe just too wide
BUT my DD has very wide square feet and she gushes over hers. Says they are the most comfortable shoe she has ever worn. We tease her that they are ugly ( but I really think they are so ugly they are cute) The lastest are a tied dyed bright pink and yellow pair from payless, she also says the Walmart are terrible.

I'm dating myself but this craze reminds me of the Dr Scholls fad from eons ago- now those fit my feet well and I loved them. Wore them everywhere.

Wow! There sure are alot of you who felt the same way that I do, until you actually bought a pair.

Now, my next question is: Does anybody have Keen Newports AND Crocs, and if so what do you like better? Because I have Keens and I just LOVE them.

Does anyone have the Athens (flip flop style) Crocs? They only had the Beach style at the sports store for me to try on. I was wondering if the different styles fit or were sized differently. I know I can order the Athens online but would love to know the right sizing or actually try some on. The 6-7 just fit but the 8-9 really seemed big. I usually have to buy an 8 because of wide feet so I'm really a 7 1/2

I've been told that the knock offs are not the same at the originals as far as comfort. It think the sandals are UGLY and wouldn't be caught dead with them on but I do have a new pair of Athens II flip flops which are VERY comfy!

letsgoagainsoon said:
Wow! There sure are alot of you who felt the same way that I do, until you actually bought a pair.

Now, my next question is: Does anybody have Keen Newports AND Crocs, and if so what do you like better? Because I have Keens and I just LOVE them.

I have both Keen and Crocs knockoffs :p . I tried the real thing and couldn't bring myself to pay the price. However, I've worn my Keens and have gotten comments about how comfortable they look. I like my Keens more. I'm coming across more people wearing Crocs here in the Northeast. My opinion is the smaller the foot the cuter they look.

Styles come and go and some are here to stay. Time will tell. I remember the platform shoe of the 80's, now that's what I call ugly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter