Am I the only one who does not like a particular Disney character?

Don't like Tink and hold on..... Mickey gets on my last nerve but I like Minnie.
Donald and Daisy are my favorites.

I get it about Tink.

No doubt almost everybody who visits Disney has a character they are less then thrilled about.

I think part of what makes Disney characters so appealing is that most do have very visible character flaws. Mickey can really be a jerk in some of his original animated shorts. Really and truly there aren't many Disney characters who make good role models...

I cringe when my kids want to watch Little Mermaid - I remember thinking she was a whiney, trampy little brat when the movie first came out. She's probably my least favorite of all. Thankfully dd5 could care less about Disney Princesses :worship: Gender sterotyping is one of my hot button issues in general and Disney is one of the worst offenders. I appreciate fantasy and imaginary play, but I also try hard not to encourage the princess trap...

I don't like Goofy. I never have. I walk away when he appears anywhere. Pluto and Stitch are my favorites.:)

Duffy. I know a lot of kids love him, and I have to admit I have never seen anything he is in. I had to find out who he was after our second trip to Disney b/c I was seeing him everywhere. I was like: "Who the heck is the bear?" So...after finally learning who he was, I did not have any interest in actually seeing whatever shows he is in. Mickey's teddy bear? It just seems like a way to make more money, and it works, but does not appeal to me at all. Sorry!!!

I don't hate Eeyore, but I have an uncle we call Eeyore, so it has ruined the character for me. I have never met someone so negative.

I have never seen whatever movie Hades is in, but he is ugly, so I don't like him.

I love Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum in the Tim Burton version of AiW, but not the cartoon version. I don't like their faces.

I am not someone who judges real people on their looks, but I do not like cartoons with nasty faces I guess. I never noticed it until I had to think about it!

I don't like Tinkerbell, either. For many years, I didn't care much about her. But after they made her annoying, obnoxious and In Your Face TINK, I began an active dislike of her.

I don't like the Duffy bear, but do not consider that a character.

I love classic Tink. I'm not onboard with talking, DVD movies Tink. It must have rubbed off on my kids because they both had no interest in meeting her at the Meet and Greets.

As for costumed characters, I never was that fond of Chip and Dale. However, I will say that the CMs who portray them usually provide great interaction.

I'm not a fan of any of the toy story characters. That's probably not a popular opinion, but I just didn't care for the movies. Also not a Pinocchio fan.

I don't like stitch and I have never seen the movie. Is he supposed to be a koala? If so, I don't know how the Disney animators made such an adorable creature look so hideous!!!

I don't get the fascination with the "villains". They are mean people in the movies!!

But there is no story without a good villain!

I never enjoyed the Wonderland crew until the SyFy Original Movie. The Hatter was the only character who didn't terrify me as a kid, probably because I connected him with Ed Wynn who was also the nutty toymaker from Babes in Toyland and he wasn't scary at all.

Pinocchio. Dumbo. As a kid I never liked Donald but I'm glad I grew out of that. Sora from Kingdom Hearts. He just gets on my nerves. Daisy grates on my nerves as well back in her House of Mouse days. She was never a ditz before so why is she one now? (The same could be said for Daphne Blake from Scooby Doo, but that's :offtopic:) On the overall, there's more characters I love than hate so it still makes Disney worth loving.

Stitch bugs me a bit to be honest. I just kind of feel like telling him to mind his manners and settle down. Tigger is another one who needs to take a seat. I guess I prefer subtlety in my giant, costumed ,make believe characters.:rolleyes::rotfl:

Many of the princesses annoy me. I'm OK with Belle and Mulan and for some reason Aurora (maybe because I adore Maleficent) but the others are meh. I also don't like Stitch.

Tigger and Goofy are my favorites. They both seem so sweet to me.

We don't stop for Stitch every time, but I don't hate him.

We will stop for Chip and Dale and Donald every time though.

I detest the 'Pooh' family of characters - always have, always will. I think part of the problem is here in Britain, to some (clearly deluded) people, Disney simply means Pooh!!!!:sad2:

This whole thread cracks me up. And honestly, I'm agreeing with so many of your assessments its making me question WHY I'm a Disney fan lol.

I'm indifferent to several characters. The fab 5 has significantly grown on me ever since the MM Clubhouse started because that showed has made them all so ridiculous, I appreciate their original personalities more now. The same goes for Tink, the new movies have completely changed her from what she was.

But I do hate Hate HATE Cars. Its the only Disney movie I won't even let DD watch. And I haven't seen it, so maybe its unjust, but I judge it based on Mater. I really hope if they make it a trilogy he gets sold for scrap metal.

DD didnt like Snow White. She met her both outside at Epcot and at Akershus and both times she seemed standoff-ish and not as friendly/personalbe as the ohter princesses.

Tink is everywhere, but I'm just not that fond of her. When I'm looking for Disney clothing it seems she's on 50% of it, and everything else I look at. Is she a trend right now? Or have I not noticed it before? I'm a good old fashioned Mickey Mouse gal. The classic Disney characters appeal to me. Though I think Tink may be one... With the exception of Woody and Buzz I suppose. Is there anyone you're not fond of?

Glad to know that I'm not the only one that isn't fond of Tink. I never did. Guess we can't love them all!

I really hope if they make it a trilogy he gets sold for scrap metal.

LOL, that is funny. I liked Mater in the first Cars, when we was a funny sidekick character, but then they went and tried to make him a main character in the (awful) sequel, and it was just...too much Mater.

Characters I dislike:

Piglet: I just hate how neurotic he is, and, sorry, I don't find a baby pig type character to be "cute" at all.

Jasmine: my least favorite Disney princess. She is just a b**ch. I have no idea what Aladdin saw in her beyond looks and money (or maybe that was all he saw in her?)

Clarabelle: Honestly I never gave her a thought before MMCH, but I can't stand her on that show. I dislike how they're trying to make her a part of the main group, especially when she, Daisy, and Minnie are the "go-getters" ugh so annoying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter